Come on now...

EPCOT Explorer

I was about to type the exact same thing. When my DW and I went our first time we didn't notice anything. But on subsequent trips you start to see things slip. I can only imagine what people that go regularly notice...
We have a grand time no doubt but I cannot abide corporate greed. If we all view the world through rose colored glasses we'd never progress. There's a bumper sticker I particularly like: "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!"

EXACTLY. :) Thanks.

Here, a line from both History, and Disney..." Discontent is the first necessity of progress"- Tom Edison (And Susan B. Anthony in The American Adventure)

And, it's true. If you are fine with the state of things in WDW, don't mind us. Let us complain. In the end, if we have any success, it will make your vacation a bit brighter, too.:cool:

heartodisney

picture.php

Yes, there is alot of negative threads, but, if you weed thru most of it, cause some of it does point out things that I am sure the powers that be, pay attention (I pray) to. I have only been on the boards for a short while. I HAVE noticed that the most negative mebers are NOT here of late. I am also one of those that wears "rose colored glasses" while I am at the parks, not at my resort though. I am glad that we have people that point out things on these threads, it has and will help me on my upcoming trips back.

richiericher22

Original Poster
I guess you are talking about Spaceship Earth's refurb that Disney didn't finish. I think it's valid to complain when everything up until the LED Starfield is amazing and rest is obviously unfinished.

When you stop complaining and accept mediocrity, that's what you'll continue to get...or worse. If you know your child is capable of getting all "A"s but he/she gets all "B"s and "C"s do you enjoy what they have to offer or do you want them to live up to their potential? Same thing. WDW has gone from the top of its class to a B student. Nothing wrong with a B student, but the potential is there to be the best.

The ride is not mediocre. If you don't like the ride than move on to another and stop trying to find faults or things you don't like in rides. I loved the old ending as much as anyone, and I love the new ending now. If it doesn't fit your taste go do something else. Tons of people absolutely love SSE.

Mystic

I understand that people expect nothing but the best from WDW because it is WDW...and that is fine.

For myself though..when I go..I just have fun..I do not notice or even try to find the little things that are wrong, things that need touch ups, and so on...

I read some of these reports..and it blows my mind how things like a scuff on an animal in Jungle Cruise...or the fact that a lightbulb flickered on Pirates is something that they notice...or messes up their trip.

I know there are many people here who go LOOKING for the things that are wrong or messed up...and I just do not..I love going there..I love being there with my family and we just have fun.

I guess maybe I do wear rose colored glasses because I do not see the bad.

I guess because it is the place we go to get away from every day and have fun, to smile and laugh and when we go there..that is what we do..we never leave disappointed.:shrug:

What she said.

hack2112

The ride is not mediocre. If you don't like the ride than move on to another and stop trying to find faults or things you don't like in rides. I loved the old ending as much as anyone, and I love the new ending now. If it doesn't fit your taste go do something else. Tons of people absolutely love SSE.
You do realize that you just tried to shove your opinion down our throats, right? So obviously it's okay for you to complain about us, but we're not allowed to? And now you're telling us to "go do something else?" If you don't like the way we talk about Disney here, there are other forums to go to. If you're going to yell at us for expressing our beliefs and debating them, then this forum is probably not the place for you.

If you want to debate your opinion here, we more than welcome it. Having everyone believe the same thing makes everything incredibly boring, but if you're here to only start a flame war, please go away. And I'm trying to say that as nice as I can.

Animaniac93-98

This thread you made is mediocre. If you don't like this board than move on to another and stop trying to find faults in the collective opinions of the members who post here or generalize everyone who does to your level of satisfaction. If it doesn't fit your tastes go do something else. Tons of people love this site.

You do realize that you just tried to shove your opinion down our throats, right? So obviously it's okay for you to complain about us, but we're not allowed to? And now you're telling us to "go do something else?" If you don't like the way we talk about Disney here, there are other forums to go to. If you're going to yell at us for expressing our beliefs and debating them, then this forum is probably not the place for you.

If you want to debate your opinion here, we more than welcome it. Having everyone believe the same thing makes everything incredibly boring, but if you're here to only start a flame war, please go away. And I'm trying to say that as nice as I can.

Quoted for truth.

Laura

Premium Member
I think it's weird that people in these forums (not all, but a lot) seem to complain about almost everything. Every little fault in Walt Disney World, such as the Christmas tree in Epcot, because some strands were not working properly, and that a few times it didn't work at all. I mean things happen, it surely was not intended to malfunction. Nothing's perfect...

I understand when people complain about the ticket/hotel prices, those are EXTREMELY expensive, but some people try to find someone about Walt Disney World to complain about.

There are also heavy complaints about the EPCOT refurb from almost 3 years ago. Sure we all loved the old decent, but as most things do, are change, and it will change again.

Why can't we stop complaining, and just enjoy what Disney World has to offer?

Pretty much once a week someone who is new to these forums stands up on a soap box and asks everyone to stop complaining. You aren't going to change the dynamics of this forum with your rant, just like the previous 2 or 300 people who gave the same rant didn't succeed. :lol:

mousegeezer

If we don't speak up it will only get worse. I remember when I strived to make my business more Disneylike because of the standard of excellence Disney set. Sure it cost big bucks. But, you could expect clean, safe and new. Six years ago I was nearly in tears while I waited in line at DL Splash Mountain. Trash was everywhere. It became obvious that one of the cutbacks was in maintenance. I hope that I will not see a similar degradation of service when I visit WDW next month. It has only been three years since the last visit and I believe the standard was being upheld. I know Disney watches the forums and I hope that they see what the expectations of the public are and respond appropriately.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ amen.
Tons of people absolutely love SSE.
And Tons complained to GR. Blame TDO and EPCOT upper middle for pulling the final funding. That`s not moaning - it`s a fact that things were going to be better than they are.

Keep quiet and let things slip further. You ever go to WDW in the 80's? Edit - I see you didn`t. Trust us; if you like it now, it was run even better back then. And that`s not rose tinted specs speaking.

No offence. Most of us love WDW as much as the next fan. But that`s the issue. With love comes passion, with the desire to protect and indeed to protest to protect.

GMRO

Personally I like this board. It is like most internet boards that are hobby/topic/location specific - filled with "experts"; "whiners"; "rose colored glass wearers"; and "readers of the book of obvious" types. You just learn to read past it and don't take any of it too seriously. After all it is public opinion and we all have one. I find it all very informative and entertaining at times as well.

Talking about complaining, my #1 is Test Track. What a travesty this ride has become. I can remember years ago riding it and it was awesome. I can say with good recollection that during the past 4 trips my wife and I made to WDW in the past 3 years that the ride broke down and stopped during our rides on it. And a few times we rode it 2 times during our vacation on different days and it did not let us down as it broke down each ride we took on it. At the same spot each time, right where you take on the curves and hills inside…it is before you go blastin thru the wall outside. We sat in our car for at least a min with the stay put voice recording. As anyone knows who rides it, once it glitches all the timing on the ride is off... just no fun...least to us.

Well we have decided to take the advice of this board...you don't like it...go do something else. We just will not burn a fast-pass on it or wait in the standby line for failure. We will NOT be back on that ride till we hear it's been re-ferbed. Did it ever ruin our vacation, NOPE. Still love the place. Test Track to us - it’s typical “GM” – poor quality. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks for the great info, please keep it coming.

heartodisney

Personally I like this board. It is like most internet boards that are hobby/topic/location specific - filled with "experts"; "whiners"; "rose colored glass wearers"; and "readers of the book of obvious" types. You just learn to read past it and don't take any of it too seriously. After all it is public opinion and we all have one. I find it all very informative and entertaining at times as well.

Talking about complaining, my #1 is Test Track. What a travesty this ride has become. I can remember years ago riding it and it was awesome. I can say with good recollection that during the past 4 trips my wife and I made to WDW in the past 3 years that the ride broke down and stopped during our rides on it. And a few times we rode it 2 times during our vacation on different days and it did not let us down as it broke down each ride we took on it. At the same spot each time, right where you take on the curves and hills inside…it is before you go blastin thru the wall outside. We sat in our car for at least a min with the stay put voice recording. As anyone know who rides it, once it glitches all the timing on the ride is off... just no fun...least to us.

Well we have decided to take the advice of this board...you don't like it...go do something else. We just will not burn a fast-pass on it or wait in the standby line for failure. We will NOT be back on that ride till we hear it's been re-ferbed. Did it ever ruin our vacation, NOPE. Still love the place. Test Track to us - it’s typical “GM” – poor quality. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks for the great info, please keep it coming.
:lol: Very good! Touche!

CaptainMichael

Did I say it was? No, in fact, I praised the majority of it, the ascent. I absolutely LOVE SSE and ride it more than any other attraction when I go to WDW. That being said, it is NOT finished and not only is that painfully obvious but people I trust have said as much.

Why be satisfied with an incomplete project.

Should I be happy with a half-pressure washed Space Mountain because "at least they did half" and "the ride is still enjoyable as it always was" and "I love it."

My favourite argument is the "go do something else" argument. I gladly go to Universal (its not the punishment people make it out to be). It's great. However, there is no where else on this planet that I can experience something like the Adventurers Club and taking away experiences like that make the Disney product extremely mediocre.

Happy Christmas!:xmas:

TheBeatles

I think generalizations are more rampant than the complaints.

However, the folks on this board are providing important and interesting views on a product and company that is beyond compare.

I want to help this company succeed and if pointing out or discussing what's wrong with it can inspire improvement, then count me in.

kev24135

I think it's weird that people in these forums (not all, but a lot) seem to complain about almost everything. Every little fault in Walt Disney World, such as the Christmas tree in Epcot, because some strands were not working properly, and that a few times it didn't work at all. I mean things happen, it surely was not intended to malfunction. Nothing's perfect...

I understand when people complain about the ticket/hotel prices, those are EXTREMELY expensive, but some people try to find someone about Walt Disney World to complain about.

There are also heavy complaints about the EPCOT refurb from almost 3 years ago. Sure we all loved the old decent, but as most things do, are change, and it will change again.

Why can't we stop complaining, and just enjoy what Disney World has to offer?

Well you complain about price, but yet i ll pay the fee, without a complain, but then other things like bad refurbs bother me. We all have things that bother us.

kashmir

If we don't speak up it will only get worse. I remember when I strived to make my business more Disneylike because of the standard of excellence Disney set. Sure it cost big bucks. But, you could expect clean, safe and new. Six years ago I was nearly in tears while I waited in line at DL Splash Mountain. Trash was everywhere. It became obvious that one of the cutbacks was in maintenance. I hope that I will not see a similar degradation of service when I visit WDW next month. It has only been three years since the last visit and I believe the standard was being upheld. I know Disney watches the forums and I hope that they see what the expectations of the public are and respond appropriately.

Honestly, we need to improve society, so the trash is an obvious disgrace to children and parents alike...too many times -outside of the parks - I have seen behaviors disrespectful to our environment as well as within the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom