Come on now...

DisneyParksFan1

Well, welcome to the boards, have fun, and expect much much more complaints. Especially from me. ;) I mean if you take it from a local who goes there a lot, they really start to notice the bad things with WDW, but the tourists or casual visitors just go and enjoy the parks and notice all the great things about it. And as of now there's a lot of bad things.

Merry Christmas to all!

NMBC1993

Why can't we stop complaining, and just enjoy what Disney World has to offer?

Alright I’ll get in on this. I've been going to WDW at least 3 times a month since I was 5 years old, I have seen the high times and the low. The reason people "complain" is because if you love something, you want to make sure it remains the way it is, the way you grew to love it. I like to think of it as a Disney version of "You know back in my day". I look at the members on this site not complaining but putting in our 2 cents on the happenings around the resort. Not only that but it's a great place to express your feeling to other Disney fans out there, which is something I personally can't do with my friends at home...they just roll their eyes, I'm not sure why:shrug:

T-1MILLION

Fans complain for they want the best out of the company. Drones will praise every single thing that is done. As already said, that gets old and is unrealistic.

I am fine with premium prices and how insane things are at times with cost because hey, it is a business. But I miss the business that treated guests with the level of showmanship the parks have in the past. The list could go on and on and there is a lot to praise. But praising only works to let them know they are doing good. Which ticket sales gives them too much confident that they are. When someone can claim that the Country Bear Jamboree's clacking sound now coming from the animatronic trio on the wall is part of the charm...something is wrong.

For a sample and reasoning I can agree with one why things should be brought up as problems and where other companies are improving where Disney is slacking I figured this article is topical enough for the holiday season http://behindthethrills.com/index.p...showdown&catid=54:the-yates-factor&Itemid=118
Marni and some others summed it up here in this thread the best.

EPCOT Explorer

^ amen.
And Tons complained to GR. Blame TDO and EPCOT upper middle for pulling the final funding. That`s not moaning - it`s a fact that things were going to be better than they are.

Keep quiet and let things slip further. You ever go to WDW in the 80's? Edit - I see you didn`t. Trust us; if you like it now, it was run even better back then. And that`s not rose tinted specs speaking.

No offence. Most of us love WDW as much as the next fan. But that`s the issue. With love comes passion, with the desire to protect and indeed to protest to protect.

EXACTLY. Perfectly said, Martin. :wave:

Lucille

I think it's weird that people in these forums (not all, but a lot) seem to complain about almost everything. Every little fault in Walt Disney World, such as the Christmas tree in Epcot, because some strands were not working properly, and that a few times it didn't work at all. I mean things happen, it surely was not intended to malfunction. Nothing's perfect...

I understand when people complain about the ticket/hotel prices, those are EXTREMELY expensive, but some people try to find someone about Walt Disney World to complain about.

There are also heavy complaints about the EPCOT refurb from almost 3 years ago. Sure we all loved the old decent, but as most things do, are change, and it will change again.

Why can't we stop complaining, and just enjoy what Disney World has to offer?

I've noticed a lot of weird complaints. I honestly think a lot of people purposely LOOK for the negatives when they are at places like WDW. Personally, that just doesn't sound like much fun to me. Unless something is REALLY bad (like the disgusting bathrooms the last time I was there) I don't really notice any little things that could be considered bad.

My husband's theory is that negative people will always find the negatives...even while on vacation. So maybe that is part of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom