Come along w/ Steve to IRELAND

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I always like seeing road signs in two languages.
Yes. The overwhelming majority of the Irish speak english as their every day preferred language. Yet all of them are taught the original language of Ireland...the language called "Gaelic". Thus in the same manner that you would see French and English in Quebec...here in Ireland you constantly see English and Gaelic. Thank you for your interest and for following this thread. 😊

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes. The overwhelming majority of the Irish speak english as their every day preferred language. Yet all of them are taught the original language of Ireland...the language called "Gaelic". Thus in the same manner that you would see French and English in Quebec...here in Ireland you constantly see English and Gaelic. Thank you for your interest and for following this thread. 😊
Yes, I recall the signs in Gaelic and English when I visited Ireland, many years ago. For some reason, seeing two languages was intriguing to me.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Yes, I recall the signs in Gaelic and English when I visited Ireland, many years ago. For some reason, seeing two languages was intriguing to me.
Well I hope your faithful viewing of this thread had made you feel like you have returned to Ireland for a second visit. This way did not cost you anything and there was no need to go thru airport security. I HATE going thru airport security🙄

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well I hope your faithful viewing of this thread had made you feel like you have returned to Ireland for a second visit. This way did not cost you anything and there was no need to go thru airport security. I HATE going thru airport security🙄
Indeed, I am vicariously enjoying my vacation! ;)

(There are some similarities with Northern Ireland and Ireland. Years ago, we only visited Ireland, and never made it up to Northern Ireland like you did.) However, from your photos, I can see that there's plenty of lovely countryside, beautiful coastlines, old historical buildings, etc., in Northern Ireland, as well Fascinating -- learning a lot here from your travels!

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Indeed, I am vicariously enjoying my vacation! ;)

(There are some similarities with Northern Ireland and Ireland. Years ago, we only visited Ireland, and never made it up to Northern Ireland like you did.) However, from your photos, I can see that there's plenty of lovely countryside, beautiful coastlines, old historical buildings, etc., in Northern Ireland, as well Fascinating -- learning a lot here from your travels!
We are almost done unfortunately. Today we are stopping to tour caves. Tomorrow afternoon is our flight home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom