Come along w/ Steve to IRELAND

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My wife , daughter and I are scheduled to fly out of Philadelphia @ 9pm on Mon. Aug. 8th.
Scheduled to land in Dublin International Airport @ 8:45am on Aug. 9th( it will be 3:45am in Philadelphia)
I hope to post photos from The Republic of Ireland ( This country consists of 26 counties)
and
photos from Northern Ireland ( This country is part of the UK and consists of 6 counties )
In the Republic of Ireland they use the Euro as currency
In Northern Ireland they us the British Pound Sterling as currency.
BTW, we will return to Philadelphia the evening of Tues. August 16th

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Random facts:
(1)Crossing the border from the Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland has no checkpoints.
It is no different than crossing from Pennsylvania into Ohio.
Different country....different currency...but no one cares. Just keep driving
The English Language is the same....OR IS IT? 🤔 😄
USA the back of the car is the "trunk"......in Ireland it is the "BOOT"
USA.....if you are in the hotel lobby and you walk up the stairs one level you reach the second floor.
Ireland: The lobby level is the GROUND FLOOR....if you walk up the stairs one level you are on the FIRST FLOOR.
In the USA I wear "sneakers".......in Ireland they call those "Runners"
In North America if someone said: "Today I saw a JUMPER" ... you might conclude the speaker saw someone about to commit suicide from a tall building or a bridge.
In Ireland, a JUMPER is what we call the winter garment : SWEATER
In North America we have "POLICE"......in Ireland they have "GARDA"
In the USA we have parking lots.......in Ireland they have CAR PARKS
In Ireland we will never "stand in a line" ......in Ireland we will "get in a QUEUE"
That's not even everything, but you've probably had enough :rolleyes::D 🥴

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
EVERYONE IS INVITED to come along with me to Ireland.
I'll @ as many people as I can think of.
If by some chance I miss you...PLEASE forgive me and come along anyway.
@Tiggerish @MinnieM123 @JenniferS @NYwdwfan @PUSH @trr1 @ajrwdwgirl @King Racoon 77 @Figgy1 @Songbird76 @erstwo @John park hopper @Freshee61 @WDWmazprty @Tuvalu @Goofyernmost @Minnesota disney fan @Lilofan @NiarrNDisney @Vacationeer
That is what my brain could come up with ....but again, everyone is welcome....not just those on this list. :)

Last edited:

Lilofan

My wife , daughter and I are scheduled to fly out of Philadelphia @ 9pm on Mon. Aug. 8th.
Scheduled to land in Dublin International Airport @ 8:45am on Aug. 9th( it will be 3:45am in Philadelphia)
I hope to post photos from The Republic of Ireland ( This country consists of 26 counties)
and
photos form Northern Ireland ( This country is part of the UK and consists of 6 counties )
In the Republic of Ireland they use the Euro as currency
In Northern Ireland they us the British Pound Sterling as currency.
BTW, we will return to Philadelphia the evening of Tues. August 16th
The first day arriving from the USA, is the toughest for me when I fly to Europe . I force myself to stay awake all day when I arrive but I actually fell asleep watching a bull fight in Madrid the first day in Spain.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Can’t wait! Have you watched Derry Girls on Netflix? It’s Northern Ireland based (but practically not) and I found it hilarious (YMMV). Might be fun to watch an episode or two before you head out (if you have time!)
I've seen a sample of Derry Girls on Youtube ;)

John park hopper

Next year is a trip to France and trying to decide if we should add another country. I would like Ireland or Iceland (probably flying Iceland Air) but my husband wants to add Germany (Bavaria).
My son and a bunch of friends (precovid) flew to Iceland and they rented 2 campers and drove all around Iceland. he sent pictures and it was unbelievable. That is a trip on the wife and my list.

cgersic

It's been over 10 years since my first trip to Ireland. I'm hoping it won't be my last because I absolutely fell in love! I'm am totally along for this ride!
irish GIF by Shaun the Sheep

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom