Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

BryceM

WOW! really? :confused:

in what way? steel outdoor coasters?
Wow. What is it with the craziest Disney fans who demote IOA to just a park full of steel coasters? Can you not see the level of detail found in Port of Entry, Lost Continent, or Seuss Landing? Jurassic Park? No, the park is not perfect. I can see the disdain some may have for Marvel Island.. Loud rides, loud architecture, loud colors, etc. But for some reason, only a certain group of people look past everything that has been done extremely well from opening day and only see the quote on quote, "steel coasters".

rd805

There are people in this thread that might die before Avatar is opened....not wishing it upon anyone... but shouldn't that say something?

These arguements are so one-sided it is not even funny anymore. A year for Diagon Alley from "announcement", possibly 7 for Avatar? AND I'M EXCITED FOR AVATAR.

michmousefan

Brilliant post, but this just makes me shake my head. Even Amity/Jaws had its appeal, and IoA out-Disneyed WDW from Day 1. As impressive as Hogsmeade is--and Diagon Alley appears to be--they are not that much of a step up from Seuss Landing or Jurassic Park with fresh paint and everything open.
Jurassic Park feels like an unrealized land so far to me. Only one attraction that I can ride, lots of theming but in reality not much to do. Still, there is potential to make it more of a true "Island of Adventure."

Cesar R M

Not sure where the joke is, but based on the fact construction hasn't even started yet, and won't be completed for another three years. Or the fact that regardless of what Disney has released on Avatar, they've made a habit of proposal art not being the same as the final product. But I guess they think people still wanna be at Dis. Lol
Perhaps this is why they refuse to show too much information regarding the project.
because they know that, if they cut corners and make things different from what original was..the Fans WILL get disappointed and the entire project will be received with a groanfest.

Man this thread gives me headaches...I need a drink! Who wants to join?

If we play the drinking contest.. I bet we would die before midnight.

why does that matter, just curious?
probably because the conservatives have the same "Im right, you're all wrong" kind of behaviour?.
Its pretty usual in all political forums. (Ie they wont change their biased opinions even when they are shoved all the proof on their faces. Infact, sometimes it reaffirms their biased opinion even more. There was a study by experts about this behaviour.. and shockingly.. they did reaffirm the wrong information when they were confronted with the real facts; some even got violent.)
Of course, not all conservatives are like this.. but the most vocal ( in my experience..) ARE.

(edited for clarity)

WDWDad13

Rumor has it that the E-Ticket attraction for Avatarland (which, as a name, makes nonsense whatsoever) is a Soarin' extension.

Disney needs to try much, much harder.

Because it's rumored to be a flight ride with projections right so of course all it is is soarin nothing more.

We're saying Disney needs to try much harder when they have barely even moved dirt

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Perhaps this is why they refuse to show too much information regarding the project.
because they know that, if they cut corners and make things different from what original was..the Fans WILL get disappointed and the entire project will be received with a groanfest.
Yes, you're right. If there was only something they could do about that....

Tony Perkis

Because it's rumored to be a flight ride with projections right so of course all it is is soarin nothing more.

We're saying Disney needs to try much harder when they have barely even moved dirt
The responsibility is on WDW to prove they still have what it takes to be an innovator and do it better than their competition. They don't get a free pass or he benefit of the doubt anymore; they have to prove that they are as creative, if not moreso, than the neighbors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom