Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

WDWDad13

The responsibility is on WDW to prove they still have what it takes to be an innovator and do it better than their competition. They don't get a free pass or he benefit of the doubt anymore; they have to prove that they are as creative, if not moreso, than the neighbors.

I agree except for they don't HAVE to do it better than Uni

Different strokes for different folks

maxairmike

I agree except for they don't HAVE to do it better than Uni

Different strokes for different folks

They don't? So you're fine with riding the coattails of nostalgia, doing the bare minimum (if even that), and letting others create the new standards in themed entertainment?

Indeed different strokes for different folks. I'll continue to be excited with the amazing new experiences Universal and the Disney parks outside of Florida are providing instead of coasting on old fumes.

Disneyhead'71

Well, perhaps when the brand and nostalgia sells so well you're right. But that will only take you so far....
That's what I said 10 years ago. And they have more people than ever. You literally have to pay me to go to WDW these days and yet people are eating up the tired, stale, and ill maintained offerings. Maybe it's because that I often get paid to cover stuff at WDW and media is treated in a very special way down there (like we are the enemy that they HAVE to play nice with). I have been down there twice in the past 2 weeks and it is always a tremendous pain in the ***.

Cesar R M

That's what I said 10 years ago. And they have more people than ever. You literally have to pay me to go to WDW these days and yet people are eating up the tired, stale, and ill maintained offerings. Maybe it's because that I often get paid to cover stuff at WDW and media is treated in a very special way down there (like we are the enemy that they HAVE to play nice with). I have been down there twice in the past 2 weeks and it is always a tremendous pain in the ***.
Because they are riding now 24/7 on "first trip" travellers and catering to them specifically?
( and not on building a loyal fanbase that returns again and again?)
It seems like its that way now.
But now that there are parks everywhere.. The "first trip travellers" trick will be more likely to go to other closer sources of entertainment now that they have them.

celluloid

I think one of the best and most interesting aspects is how family oriented the new attractions are. The new Escape from Gringotts ride will be more family friendly than Forbidden Journey(which is not really a wild thrill) and it will feature a very low height requirement that most families will be able to enjoy together. This as well as The Hogwarts Express that will have no height requirements will mean that the family appeal with be bigger than the original Wizarding World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom