Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

WDWDad13

Seriously some of your thinking explains why you are so in love with over Uni vs Disney. Nothing wrong with that but I get it now

It's your perception and how you all take in a theme park

lazyboy97o

Intentionally?

I refuse to see these trees. I will only see the forest, dammit!

Yes, people travel from far and wide to visit the pretty zoo. Rides are just an added bonus. :facepalm:
I really am not all that focused on the rides. I said earlier that Main Street, USA at Disneyland was the most important piece of themed entertainment and its rides were nothing more than the Main Street Vehicles. Even at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the notions of exploration and discovery are key to how the park is supposed to operate. Even if the park had been built as originally planned it would still be "light" on rides but that doesn't mean it would not be more fleshed out. The park itself is supposed to be an attraction and that can work, as it has at Disneyland Paris or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Cesar R M

He laughes it off cause he is:

1) nervous Uni is kicking WDW's butt in areas where Disney used to be king
2) sees a shift from WDW to Uni so his business is going to start to hurt
3) is paid by the post despite the lack of content, which explains his one word answers
4) is just a world class idiot and knows nothing of what he tries to talk about, hence the one word WOW posts...
5) can only say WOW cause he has no argument... when you have no argument, and are losing the one you think you are winning, the last resort is just blowing it off, ignoring it, and giving sarcastic, usually immature responses like GO GET DRUNK ON YOUR BUTTERBEER HAHAHA

I find it hard when a well known individual now has to rely to child like troll tactics to derail a thread and secure a "win" despite the forum not being the real fight.
The ball is on disney.. they can up the game with Avatar or just sink it.

The difference is still.. there are a lot of parks in WDW that needs improvements.. and they seem to focus on making projects very slowly.

which is almost exactly what people are hammering WDW on about the possibility of avatar

avatarland right now doesn't exist..and DiagonAlley is there and almost finished!
Also; WDW as a trackrecord of cutting a lot of corners.
like I said before: If they do it well and put effort, it will be amazing!
but if they do start cutting corners everywhere.. We will see the disco lights yeti craptacular thing again.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
based on all the details they've released so far? lol
Not sure where the joke is, but based on the fact construction hasn't even started yet, and won't be completed for another three years. Or the fact that regardless of what Disney has released on Avatar, they've made a habit of proposal art not being the same as the final product. But I guess they think people still wanna be at Dis. Lol

71jason

which is almost exactly what people are hammering WDW on about the possibility of avatar

Haven't really seen that. My criticism of Avatar comes down to three things:
  • We've seen no examples of what the contents of Avatar's "street" would be. Diagon Alley has to have a Leaky Cauldron and a Whoever's Ice Cream Parlor and an Olivander's. Radiator Springs has to have a Flo's and a Sarge's and Luigi's. Pandora does not lend itself to obvious shops/restaurants, and in fact stores/restaurants as a concept feel forced onto the IP.
  • The IP hasn't entered the zeitgeist the way Cars or Potter or Star Wars or Frozen has. Is anyone truly excited to meet an Navi'i (?) stilt-walker in person?
  • SciFi isn't mythology/classical fantasy. I could see the latter in AK, but scifi feels like an odd fit with the existing theme.

SirLink

and some of you would like animal kingdom more without any animals and "landscaping" and with more coasters

Actually we want more rides, they can add rides in addition to landscaping and "animal" trails. This is not an either/or DAK needs more rides that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in well landscaped areas nor does it mean you can remove animals. However animals are very expensive operationally speaking. What people are annoyed about is they should of done the front of the park first then keep Asia as a phase II

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom