Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

mahnamahna101

Like.....BUT

you and others weren't Uni fan boys until very recent cause Disney is relatively dormant. ...The Circle of Life will continue and Disney will find its voice again and Uni will take a break.

This is a good thing I see. I am going to WDW in Sept only cause of Potter but I will be going to WDW in 2017 primarily of Pandora

and yes I realize that Kong may also be there by then but I feel Pandora and AK will be the more impressive overall draw to Orlando that year

Unless TDO -
Makes the Soarin' 2.0-style ride have the "4 rotating screens with show scenes in between" concept I originally heard about
Creates a Small World meets Spaceship Earth INDOOR boat ride
Makes the walkthrough insanely interactive
Put in a D-ticket Speed Bike coaster like rumored
Makes the theming on par with Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Tokyo DisneySea
Actually uses the budget wisely

I would say Universal will still be more appealing to me come 2017 ;)

rioriz

The reason I would say your faith is a bit misplaced is due to the external actors. Disney did not decide on their own to expand Hong Kong Disneyland, they were told they had to by the Government. Even in Anaheim, Disney was fearful of changes to the Resort District due to a growing sentiment that Disney had given up on serious invest in the Disneyland Resort.

Misunderstood my quote...my faith is not in the higher ups wanting to expand and grow

My faith is in the Imagineers and those who they work with to create an impressive product

rioriz

Unless TDO -
Makes the Soarin' 2.0-style ride have the "4 rotating screens with show scenes in between" concept I originally heard about
Creates a Small World meets Spaceship Earth INDOOR boat ride
Makes the walkthrough insanely interactive
Put in a D-ticket Speed Bike coaster like rumored
Makes the theming on par with Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Tokyo DisneySea
Actually uses the budget wisely

I would say Universal will still be more appealing to me come 2017 ;)

Don't forget "Rivers of Light" Nighttime show
Nighttime Safari

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Do you really think so? Even if the final product looks as good or better than the concept image, it's still a beautifully themed shopping area. It's an alley. If Hogwarts school uniforms are the be all, end all, then I guess so. Game over man, game over.

Uniforms are only part of it as Im sure you now know, but I suppose when you compare it to Walmart available generic Disney merchandise Uni is onto a loser.

lebeau

Do you really think so? Even if the final product looks as good or better than the concept image, it's still a beautifully themed shopping area. It's an alley. If Hogwarts school uniforms are the be all, end all, then I guess so. Game over man, game over.

No. I don't really think this one project spells doom and gloom for Disney. But DANG! Look at what Universal is doing!

If the two companies keep doing what they have been for the last several years, one can imagine Universal eventually overtaking Disney. Something I never would have conceived of just a couple years ago.

I never imagined Disney would ever allow itself to be so thoroughly shown up as they have been in recent years. And now, Universal is taking it to a whole other level.

ABQ

Uniforms are only part of it as Im sure you now know, but I suppose when you compare it to Walmart available generic Disney merchandise Uni is onto a loser.
Not at all what I meant. This is by no means a knock on what Uni built and you'll see I said it may be a beautifully themed shopping area. I said nothing about it being a bust and making Uni a loser. I just don't see how it can make WDW a loser either, which I assume is what the Game Set Match statement implied. I could be mistaken though.

WDWDad13

Well, there's also this:

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/01/01_Gringotts-Attraction.jpg
There's two mine train rides opening in Orlando this year. If I had to choose, I know which one I would rather ride.

Ask the kids you might be surprised

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not at all what I meant. This is by no means a knock on what Uni built and you'll see I said it may be a beautifully themed shopping area. I said nothing about it being a bust and making Uni a loser. I just don't see how it can make WDW a loser either, which I assume is what the Game Set Match statement implied. I could be mistaken though.
assumed the use of a ? by the OP indicated a question rather than a definative statement. much as I assumed the use of the words " its an alley" as being dismissive.
However my point that I was making is that Uni has created two areas with unique merchandise, that based on existing patterns is selling exceptionally well, at a time when Disney is doing the exact opposite. Uni is showing that for the right product there is demand, I cant recall the last piece of merchandise I purchased from Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom