Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

BryceM

Funny then how Transformers has upped attendance at around 20% per day. Please Minions are becoming as common as Mickey Ears in Orlando ... plus cooler too.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts have
Can I ask why people continously insult Jimmy Thick? I fail to see what he's doing wrong and some people follow him around specifically to insult him. Any insight in this matter would be helpful.
Because he starts a new thread weekly restating the same exact thing and completely disregards anything anyone says that doesn't 100% agree with him.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What's a troll mean here? On Reddit people labled trolls are the one who do the insulting not the ones who get insulted. I really don't understand why people insult others on a forum dedicated to Disney World of all places, its rather silly for people to stoop to such levels of behaviour.

If you have only been reading for a few weeks, you haven't seen the depths of the stooping yet. We have periodic knock down drag out fights that end up with people banned and large numbers of posts being deleted.

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

Then when you look at average price hikes over those periods, your not far maybe 0.25 percentage point out of each of those quoted. All of the increases are coming from increasing the prices on property. Which doesn't seem healthy of a product to me, you should be gaining those increases from more organic means, i.e. have unique merchandise, etc. But this is the perfect of TWDC short-sightedness - if they had of kept consistently investing in CapEx projects in all 4 parks, as well as not becoming One Disney. Well those increases would of been organically created.
Yes, by their nature, PCGS and PRGS mostly represent higher prices. That's true nearly every year. What needs to be considered is how those huge price increases affected the absolute numbers.

Based on statements made at the last 4 earning calls, WDW attendance was up 1-to-2% for FY2013 despite 7% higher ticket prices.

Occupied room nights rose from 7.98M to 8.34M, driven largely by the opening of Art Of Animation (AOA). Disney hasn't seen that kind of jump in onsite stays since 2006.

Iger wasn't kidding when he said back in 2012 that he saw opportunities for further price leveraging. Disney jacked up prices a ton and people kept on coming anyway.

This in a year when the global economy continued to struggle and WDW's biggest "news" was continued testing of a plastic wristband.:rolleyes:

Tack on the 8% higher PCGS and 4% higher PRGS and, by any measure, WDW had a very healthy year financially.

Now, a lot of that growth was driven by the South American market but that same market also helped boost Universal's numbers.

We might not like it but, all things considered, both WDW and Uni had pretty good years in 2013.

Imagine how well WDW would do if they actually added something worth visiting. :banghead:

Matt_Black

post-19058-You-are-not-acting-like-the-pe-c3ft.png

SirLink

Occupied room nights rose from 7.98M to 8.34M, driven largely by the opening of Art Of Animation (AOA). Disney hasn't seen that kind of jump in onsite stays since 2006.

Yet Spirit said last year lots of CM discounts as well as lots of discounts at AoA - so again Iger trying to manipulate the numbers so he still has control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom