Park History nut
Premium Member
Taken less than 18 months apart...

image.jpg

Wowzer!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't wait to see how Jimmy spins this to try to convince people that it has been "value engineered".
It's no secret Gringotts E ticket has had elements removed by budget, though more juggled around here and there to come in on budget. This attraction however will be absolutely stunning. It will one-up Forbidden Journey in scale and scope. Technically it's another stunning milestone too from ride system element to show scene execution and even down to the RCS and wayfinding.

And FJs ride system and RCS is still state of the art!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Can I ask why people continously insult Jimmy Thick? I fail to see what he's doing wrong and some people follow him around specifically to insult him. Any insight in this matter would be helpful.

In the case of my post I don't see that as an insult. If you read his posts you will see where constantly belittles that first phase of Potter and often says that it was "value engineered". He doesn't like Universal and will take every opportunity to take a shot at it. I guarantee you will see him trying the same thing when Phase 2 opens. If you read enough of his posts you will get the impression that he fights for his point of view not because he feels it's right, but just because he likes to get a rise out of people who don't agree with him. With that said he rarely resorts to bashing or attacking others so he has every right to be here.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Can I ask why people continously insult Jimmy Thick? I fail to see what he's doing wrong and some people follow him around specifically to insult him. Any insight in this matter would be helpful.

My pet peeve with Jimmy is how he has his disciples. These are people that would normally be reasonable in their disagreements, but, because they can piggyback on Jimmy's hyperbole and ignorance, wind up intentionally shielding themselves from truths they don't want to believe. I can put Jimmy on my "Ignore" list, but I can't stop the harm he's causing this forum.

SirLink

Per Disney's 10K filings, Per Capita Guests Spending (PCGS) (that's the amount spent per guest at the theme parks):

- 2011: up 8%
- 2012: up 7%
- 2013: up 8%

Those are the 3 highest percent increases this century.

Disney has maintained aggressive PCGS growth in recent years. Some might suggest too aggressive growth since median household income has trailed far behind.

Similarly, Per Room Guest Spending (PRGS) (the amount spent at the hotels):

- 2011: up 8%
- 2012: up 7%
- 2013: up 4%

People only have so much to spend on their vacations and WDW's hotels are so damned expensive.

What Disney wants to do with MyMagic+ is to bring "value" into Disney's hotels in order to bridge the growing gap between the price of onsite and offsite hotels. Increase the perceived value of WDW's hotels enough and more guests will shift from offsite to onsite stays.

PCGS also includes ticket sales:

2010-2011 Percentage increases in ticket prices said:
Adult
1 day ticket - 85(82) - 3.65%(I)
5 day ticket - 251(237) - 5.9%(I)
7 day ticket - 267(247) - 8.09%(I)

Child
1 day ticket - 79(74) - 6.75%(I)
5 day ticket - 232(214) - 8.41%(I)
7 day ticket - 248(224) - 10.71%(I)

2011-2012 Percentage increases in ticket prices said:
Adult
1 day ticket - 89(85) - 4.7%(I)
5 day ticket - 268(251) - 6.77%(I)
7 day ticket - 288(267) - 7.86%(I)

Child
1 day ticket - 83(79) - 5.06%(I)
5 day ticket - 250(232) - 7.75%(I)
7 day ticket - 270(248) - 8.87%(I)

2012-2013 Percentage increases in ticket prices said:
Adult
1 day(MK) ticket - 95(89) - 6.74%(I)
1 day(Other) ticket - 90(89) - 1.12%(I)
5 day ticket - 289(268) - 7.83%(I)
7 day ticket - 309(288) - 7.29%(I)

Child
1 day(MK) ticket - 89(83) - 7.23%(I)
1 day(Other) ticket - 84(83) - 1.20%(I)
5 day ticket - 270(250) - 8%(I)
7 day ticket - 290(270) - 7.41%(I)

Then when you look at average price hikes over those periods, your not far maybe 0.25 percentage point out of each of those quoted. All of the increases are coming from increasing the prices on property. Which doesn't seem healthy of a product to me, you should be gaining those increases from more organic means, i.e. have unique merchandise, etc. But this is the perfect of TWDC short-sightedness - if they had of kept consistently investing in CapEx projects in all 4 parks, as well as not becoming One Disney. Well those increases would of been organically created.

lebeau

Based on your message count, you haven't been here very long. Jimmy Thick is one of the biggest trolls around.

He's a troll.

He gets the excessive insults because he deserves them.

My pet peeve with Jimmy is how he has his disciples. These are people that would normally be reasonable in their disagreements, but, because they can piggyback on Jimmy's hyperbole and ignorance, wind up intentionally shielding themselves from truths they don't want to believe. I can put Jimmy on my "Ignore" list, but I can't stop the harm he's causing this forum.

Asked and answered.

He's a troll.

I've seen other trolls on this board, and yet they don't get the insults that he does. Besides, even if he were a troll, trolls are cute and helpful!

Trolls_frozen_disney2013.jpg
What's a troll mean here? On Reddit people labled trolls are the one who do the insulting not the ones who get insulted. I really don't understand why people insult others on a forum dedicated to Disney World of all places, its rather silly for people to stoop to such levels of behaviour.

PhotoDave219

What's a troll mean here? On Reddit people labled trolls are the one who do the insulting not the ones who get insulted. I really don't understand why people insult others on a forum dedicated to Disney World of all places, its rather silly for people to stoop to such levels of behaviour.

Welcome to the internet. Around here, people troll for responses.

Sometimes? Sometimes they get exactly the response they're looking for.... and whine & complain once they get it.

As for Jimny Thick? He raises some valid points. I have no problem with him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom