Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

SirLink

And I believe they're building one in Beijing....

I think you mean South Korea...and Russia, which I believe 3 or 4 interesting ride concepts will be bought and paid for my their partners in those countries and then come to US Parks after that.

maxairmike

I think you mean South Korea...and Russia, which I believe 3 or 4 interesting ride concepts will be bought and paid for my their partners in those countries and then come to US Parks after that.

They're also getting the JP jeep ride instead of a river raft ride, and the updated concept looks pretty darn awesome.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Beijing. Did they dump the South Korea park concept, or are they moving forward with both? I have a hard time keeping all the foreign concepts straight.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like Comcast will be mighty busy.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/0...-of-the-tallest-buildings-in-the-country.html

It's remarkable that this is the same company that had such a poor reputation for customer service as a cable provider, they made up a word (Xfinity) and rebranded so people would forget.

Yeah, they are dumping 1.2 billion into this project. Does anyone truly love their cable provider? Isn't it really just a case of which provider you hate the least?

SirLink

They're also getting the JP jeep ride instead of a river raft ride, and the updated concept looks pretty darn awesome.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Beijing. Did they dump the South Korea park concept, or are they moving forward with both? I have a hard time keeping all the foreign concepts straight.

Didn't dump that ... It was going to open 2012 now 2016.

Tony Perkis

Im not saying that universal doesn't use other big movie franchises. But things like despicable me and transformers aren't really draws. They have their place, but its not like them being there has anything to do with most people coming to universal. There are two reasons most people go to universal and thats the universal park brand or harry potter.

I can say, with 100% certainty, that Despicable Me and Transformers have a substantially greater draw than Cars. And Disney built a whole land around that mediocre film franchise.

Matt_Black

100% certainty? Where are you getting this information from?

From the gut! That's where all the important facts come from!

stephen-colbert.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom