CM Appreciation Ideas Needed

sweetpee_1993

Hello all!

For our upcoming trip to WDW I'd like to gather ideas for things we can do to show our appreciation to CMs who go above and beyond. I know there are CMs who frequent these boards so I'm interested to see what they'd have to say.

During our last trip I made thank you cards for each night of our stay for our mousekeeper. Every morning we'd tuck some money inside and leave the card out for him/her. We did bump into the mousekeeper a few times during the stay and she was extremely thankful and sweet. Also, I had read a tip on allearsnet where in addition to doing autographs/photographs with the characters it's fun to get various CMs who aren't usually in the spotlight get involved. We did that by taking pics with some parking lot/tram attendants (who were a hoot) and an oober-sweet older gentleman security guard at AK (he absolutely lit up when we asked to have pics with him).

Can anyone else think of other ideas for things we can do to show CMs that we notice them, we appreciate them, and bring a little pixie dust into their days as they do ours???

Thanks muchly, gang!

disneydudette

One of the newer things I've seen is people making business cards that they hand out. The business card reads along the lines of:

The Smith Family wants to thank you for making such an amazing impact on our vacation:
- John, Jan, Jon Boy, and Janey

The Business cards are decorated with Disney clip art/a family photograph/etc. I'm sure if you got creative, you could come up with some pretty neat phrases to use too!

Upvote 0

beanbunny

We contact their supervisor to let them know if a CM was especially helpful - that way it can be documented in their personnel folder. I miss the "We're All Ears" folder that used to be in the hotel rooms - that really helped!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

One of the newer things I've seen is people making business cards that they hand out. The business card reads along the lines of:

The Smith Family wants to thank you for making such an amazing impact on our vacation:
- John, Jan, Jon Boy, and Janey

The Business cards are decorated with Disney clip art/a family photograph/etc. I'm sure if you got creative, you could come up with some pretty neat phrases to use too!

That is such a nice idea! I think it's great to let CMs know that they are appreciated.:)

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
We've made very small goody bags (think childs birthday party) with some hershey's kisses and dum dum lollipops in them and a short but sweet note saying, "Thanks!" and handed them out to deserving CMs.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

At Christmas time we always bring along appropriate candies. Prewrapped, non-melting candies, things like individual bags of M&M's, skittles etc., then we let the kids hand them out. The kids love it and so do the CM's. Occassionally, the CM's will say 'no thanks' but often times, they light up with a smile of appreciation and tuck the sweets away until break time.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

I think the best thing that you could do for a CM is: get their name, their approximate location and time, and then go to Guest Relations and fill out a card thanking them. Not only will the CM recieve their thanks, but their supervisors will also know what a wonderful job they did. A little gift to the CM would never be bad, but knowing that those above them also know that they are are a great CM never hurts.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
All the suggestions are nice, but if you just acknowledge their efforts to their face it means a lot...Thank you can never be undervalued.

They don't do as much hard copy of accomodations for CM's, but do write down their name, remember the location and approximate time of day and write about them at :

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
They will be recognized by their peers and supervisors.

Upvote 0

BradB2

I'd have to agree with ClemsonTigger, while making note of a CM's work to their supervisors is appreciated, telling them "thanks" to their face can make a world of difference. I can think of more than one time when I was having a long day that was completely turned around just by a guest offering a thank you. I'm amazed by the great ideas on here and now I may have to do something myself (outside of the normal "follow the rules and thank the CM") :animwink:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I should note that our kids offered the candies to every CM they met on Christmas Day because we appreciated the fact that the CM's showed up to work so we could spend Christmas Day in Disney with our family. But I do agree a note to management about CM's who go above and beyond are never out of line!

Upvote 0

disneyfreak174

for our next trip...

My little brother(18) came up with the idea of creating awards for CMs like best smile and funniest and the likes we are going to make them fancy like an oscar, with our family name and all thanking them...and of course we will go to guest relations for outstanding service.

Upvote 0

HS0411

As a former CM...

Two things that work great when you wish to recognize CMs for their work:

1) Let their supervisor know. Most times (at least in my case) they will give us a "Great Service FANatic" card. They do two things. They go on our record card. And they also will allow us to enter monthly drawings for anything ranging from Disney dining passes to DVD players to even non-WDW Disney vacations (DL, CL, etc.)

2) Just let them know. It really makes my day when the littlest thing I do and be such a big deal for a family. I worked the front desk, so I usually handled complaints, but its always nice to hear some good.

One of the funniest good stories is that I had made some dinner reservations for a family at EPCOT one night and told them that I would see them at Illuminations. They asked me my favorite viewing spot and told them it was near Norway because I had to eat some school bread and watch the show. Sure enough at the end of Illuminations, they went out to find me to thank me for my help earlier that day. That meant so much to me that night.

Upvote 0

JoeRhode4ever

For my opinions on how to treat a CM here they are

1. Dont annoy them. If you get in an arguement with you about anything they'll ruin youre day

2. Make them feel like family. My dad usually treats them well knowing that if you work there system they give you little extras (IE: Extra Fastpasses):D

3. Let them know you appreciated there hard work. Honestly, these guys are out all day in the hot Floridian sun in either costumes, long sleeve shirts, suits, and other stuffy clothing, make there day and let them know how they made your trip better.

Upvote 0

Gorjus

1. Stop by Guest relations in the morning and ask for a stack of Guest Service Fanatic Cards. When a cast member does something wonderful, fill out the card and hand it to them. Some of the info can be pre written, so all you are doing is adding the date, name, and what they did.
2. If someone went above and beyond a Guest Service Fanatic card, write a letter or email when you get back home.
3. Perhaps have some goody like a lollypop (a little boy gave me one on St. Valentine's Day), a fake flower, mints, something very small and simple that they can accept without breaking the rules.
4. And remember, If playing the "game" is part of your thing; for some cast members, you can be as nice to them as you want, but some of us have no ability whatsoever to get you fast passes, free photos, front of the line, etc. It isn't that we don't want to, it is just that we don't have the ability or resources.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
1. Stop by Guest relations in the morning and ask for a stack of Guest Service Fanatic Cards. When a cast member does something wonderful, fill out the card and hand it to them. Some of the info can be pre written, so all you are doing is adding the date, name, and what they did.
2. If someone went above and beyond a Guest Service Fanatic card, write a letter or email when you get back home.
3. Perhaps have some goody like a lollypop (a little boy gave me one on St. Valentine's Day), a fake flower, mints, something very small and simple that they can accept without breaking the rules.
4. And remember, If playing the "game" is part of your thing; for some cast members, you can be as nice to them as you want, but some of us have no ability whatsoever to get you fast passes, free photos, front of the line, etc. It isn't that we don't want to, it is just that we don't have the ability or resources.

And that really isn't the point of this discussion anyway. We want to recognize the special contributions of CM's, not find ways to suck up so that you can get something for yourself!

I'm not familiar with the "Fanatic cards", are they just for the CM or are they supposed to be shared with the supervisor? While I always try to thank CM's at the time of the "event", I feel strongly that they deserve to be formally recognized by their management in the business sense.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

[/b]

And that really isn't the point of this discussion anyway. We want to recognize the special contributions of CM's, not find ways to suck up so that you can get something for yourself!

I'm not familiar with the "Fanatic cards", are they just for the CM or are they supposed to be shared with the supervisor? While I always try to thank CM's at the time of the "event", I feel strongly that they deserve to be formally recognized by their management in the business sense.
Fanatic Cards get marked on that particular person's permanent record, they get a copy to keep for themselves, they get recognized in their local area, and get their name entered in a monthly and/or quarterly drawing for some great prizes (100 disney dollars, dinner, hotel stays, ect).

If you need more suggestions for thanking CMs, you're MORE than welcome to send me a check for $60,000 so I can purchase that wonderful boat I've been eye-ing. I'm always open to cash donations...

;)

Upvote 0

HS0411

If you need more suggestions for thanking CMs, you're MORE than welcome to send me a check for $60,000 so I can purchase that wonderful boat I've been eye-ing. I'm always open to cash donations...

;)

And I have a trip to make to Brasil to see my Disney roomie, so a plane ticket would be a great thank you for me... :wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Fanatic Cards get marked on that particular person's permanent record, they get a copy to keep for themselves, they get recognized in their local area, and get their name entered in a monthly and/or quarterly drawing for some great prizes (100 disney dollars, dinner, hotel stays, ect).

;)

And I have a trip to make to Brasil to see my Disney roomie, so a plane ticket would be a great thank you for me... :wave:

No problem, let me go get my Mac card....:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom