CM Appreciation Ideas Needed

sweetpee_1993

Hello all!

For our upcoming trip to WDW I'd like to gather ideas for things we can do to show our appreciation to CMs who go above and beyond. I know there are CMs who frequent these boards so I'm interested to see what they'd have to say.

During our last trip I made thank you cards for each night of our stay for our mousekeeper. Every morning we'd tuck some money inside and leave the card out for him/her. We did bump into the mousekeeper a few times during the stay and she was extremely thankful and sweet. Also, I had read a tip on allearsnet where in addition to doing autographs/photographs with the characters it's fun to get various CMs who aren't usually in the spotlight get involved. We did that by taking pics with some parking lot/tram attendants (who were a hoot) and an oober-sweet older gentleman security guard at AK (he absolutely lit up when we asked to have pics with him).

Can anyone else think of other ideas for things we can do to show CMs that we notice them, we appreciate them, and bring a little pixie dust into their days as they do ours???

Thanks muchly, gang!

HS0411

Wow, I always assumed that supervisors were the only ones that could give a FANatic card. Great idea!

That's what I thought too, unless my managers and supervisors lied to me.

They can only be given by fellow cast members, managers, supervisors, etc. I've have received a few from turning down YOMD gifts while I was a guest in the parks, but that's as far as I've seen them work.

Sorry for misleading anyone!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I used to work for another park in Orlando. Disney employees did not get into the other two parks, so I would bring park tickets with me and if they really made my day, I'd give them a pair. Most would ask if I wanted to swap, but no, I don't need tickets to WDW (I have an AP).

The CM's were always very happy to get to go to Universal or SeaWorld.

No, I didn't have a ton of tickets, but I never used the allotment given to me by the company I worked for, so why not let the CM's go to someone Else's house to play for a day!

Upvote 0

Gorjus

That's what I thought too, unless my managers and supervisors lied to me.

They can only be given by fellow cast members, managers, supervisors, etc. I've have received a few from turning down YOMD gifts while I was a guest in the parks, but that's as far as I've seen them work.

Sorry for misleading anyone!

I am in possesion of a Guest Service Fanatic card that was written out by a guest. She gave it to guest relations, who gave it to my supervisor, who gave it to me. So yes, guests can fill out GSM cards and it does go on your permanent record.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

In the past I have made a autograph book just for cm's- if they are really neat people or just make my children laugh- I get their autograph and take their picture so I can put it next to the autograph for the memories. :) I also say thank you to them for being such a great CM.

Upvote 0

MGMBoy

Getting a Guest Service Fanatic card for a Guest to fill out is actually kind of a hit and miss thing. I know some areas have actually been told specifically that those cards are cast to cast ONLY. The e-mail is actually a better idea a lot of the time. On the face to face level, a heartfelt thank you is, often, all it takes. I have seen in the parks before though buttons and the like. People will make buttons that say the family names and year on it and a thank you for helping make the magic. Things like that mean a lot. I've seen CM's who have them on their bags and the buttons are dated as many as 3-4 years ago.

Upvote 0

Gorjus

Getting a Guest Service Fanatic card for a Guest to fill out is actually kind of a hit and miss thing. I know some areas have actually been told specifically that those cards are cast to cast ONLY. The e-mail is actually a better idea a lot of the time.

If you get the cards ahead of time and hand them to the cast member, it is NOT a hit or miss thing. They fill out their Empoyee # and stick it in a box. It DOES go on their permanent record.

They are not Cast to Cast only.

Email or letter is a beautiful thing. You get extra special recognition in terms of a pin and a note from Erin Wallace. However, in terms of your permanent record, it is the same as a Guest Service Fanatic Card.

As much as being recognized by Erin is a beautiful thing, I like having GSFC notations on my record card as well. If I am 1 minute late clocking in for my shift, I get 1/2 a point. These points affect your ability to apply for advancement. If I have 3.5 points on my card, I'd like to also have 10 GSFC's on my record as well.

Upvote 0

HS0411

I am in possesion of a Guest Service Fanatic card that was written out by a guest. She gave it to guest relations, who gave it to my supervisor, who gave it to me. So yes, guests can fill out GSM cards and it does go on your permanent record.

Well, my managers told me otherwise... Oh well...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom