'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

Bocabear

Oh. I never get pictures with the characters. Couldn't care less. It's just the Villains theme...darn it, Disney, why won't you build a ride around them or something?
I remember years back there were rumors of just that...A huge mountain at the back of Fantasyland and an attraction where you are visiting the Villain's Lair during a membership meeting of the Villains...and they are all there.... You get noticed and they chase you...some sort of hybrid flume/coaster ride....Which would have been absolutely amazing. They just don't seem to build that kind of attraction anymore. ..but what a hit it would be...

Greenlawler

Is this event "all you care to drink"? With the speciality cocktails I reckon my wife and I could make this a value proposition.

Little chance, had the same delusions of grandeur at Hoop Dee Doo, I would wager your server intentionally spaces out the time it takes them to refresh your beverage. The most anyone at our table got was a couple of refills.

Also, while I respect Disney's insight and marketing. What made those villains events sell out were the rarities. Does not seem like a list that will fill that many Saturday nights at that price to me, although I might be wrong. All they had to do is add one rare villain, and they would be turning the character fans away.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just got a call from Disney, and they said that due to " entertainment changes," they are canceling Club Villain for all of March. January and February are still scheduled to go on as planned.

Translation, Ticket sales were a bust. Once again proving that WDW can indeed screw up a free lunch. Non-AP holders said $200/pp for a not very impressive event, naaahh I'll pass.

Bet there is panic in the halls of burbank now - upcharge event failed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Little chance, had the same delusions of grandeur at Hoop Dee Doo, I would wager your server intentionally spaces out the time it takes them to refresh your beverage. The most anyone at our table got was a couple of refills.

Also, while I respect Disney's insight and marketing. What made those villains events sell out were the rarities. Does not seem like a list that will fill that many Saturday nights at that price to me, although I might be wrong. All they had to do is add one rare villain, and they would be turning the character fans away.

That would require that Disney put forth some effort in exchange for the $99 bucks + park admission, Sadly this is something Disney is no longer in the habit of doing.

MandaM

Translation, Ticket sales were a bust. Once again proving that WDW can indeed screw up a free lunch. Non-AP holders said $200/pp for a not very impressive event, naaahh I'll pass.

That's a definite possibility, of course. However, I'm not sure if they ever fully opened March up for reservations. I made mine right after tickets went on sale, and I've seen a few others who've posted that they were able to purchase for March around the same time I did, but others who tried later weren't able to book past February. Seems like there might have been a glitch that allowed some March bookings, but one that they closed quickly. The website also says you can reserve it at 90 days, not 180, which, if correct, would make March unavailable.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's a definite possibility, of course. However, I'm not sure if they ever fully opened March up for reservations. I made mine right after tickets went on sale, and I've seen a few others who've posted that they were able to purchase for March around the same time I did, but others who tried later weren't able to book past February. Seems like there might have been a glitch that allowed some March bookings, but one that they closed quickly. The website also says you can reserve it at 90 days, not 180, which, if correct, would make March unavailable.

But since they took and subsequently cancelled your reservation I suspect it was not selling to expectations (i.e. sold out 3 months in advance) the 90 day thing was probably added later to provide plausible deniability. Disney is so whacked out these days it just boggles the imagination.

SirLink

More like Disney wanted/needed a venue to put an additional entertainment offering whilst they rip out of LMA. And if new entertainment that potentially go into Sunset showcase has large sets, I'm doubting that operations would remove them then set up for Club Villain.

It would be interesting to find out capacity for the event vs sell through % though.

Dad 2 M & M

Just checked,,,,,Feb 27th is the ONLY date with availability for a party of 2....March is open now and no availability for any Sunday. BTW ....I see only Sunday dates.

Either the ressies are not yet available, or this is not nearly the bust people we thinking. $99 is more than I would pay, but I must admit the "apparent" lack of availability has piqued my interest.

Sweet Thing

Is anyone planning on going the opening night of this? I was unable to secure reservations for any of the nights it's running. Any word on if it's being extended beyond February?

TabulaRasa

The March dates were not necessarily a failure. When this ticketed event was announced, I tried to book for a date in March. There was availability on the first day reservations were being accepted, and then it was sold out the subsequent day (most likely due to Spring Break season). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were cancelled in March in lieu of a more permanent show. Wasn't Club Disney advertised as a 'limited time' event?

asianway

Is anyone planning on going the opening night of this? I was unable to secure reservations for any of the nights it's running. Any word on if it's being extended beyond February?
This reeks of a bust I would keep checking and not plan on it being offered again

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I remember years back there were rumors of just that...A huge mountain at the back of Fantasyland and an attraction where you are visiting the Villain's Lair during a membership meeting of the Villains...and they are all there.... You get noticed and they chase you...some sort of hybrid flume/coaster ride....Which would have been absolutely amazing. They just don't seem to build that kind of attraction anymore. ..but what a hit it would be...
That was the Villain Village idea years prior to New Fantasyland (mostly the Enchanted Forest section). Villain Mountain was going to be the headliner attraction with an Ursula spinner (like Kang and Kodos at USF) and that's when Gaston's Tavern was originally created.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom