Club Cool - is OPEN!!!

Captain Hank

Great update, Scott! I kind of like the new look, though I agree it looks a tad sterile. Glad to see the place open again--I went into major Beverly widthdrawl on my last trip.
mhead said:
I hate to be the one to disagree with most - but Beverly is NASTY!!! In fact all of the free drinks are disgusting. I guess that is why they are the free ones.
Awww, you can't mean all of the free drinks. The Smart Watermelon and Mezzo Mix are among the best soft drinks I've tasted. (Why, oh why can't they release Smart Watermelon over here, perhaps under the Fanta label?) As for Beverly...well...it's unique in its own special way. It's sort of they Mystery Science Theater movie of soft drinks--it's absolutely awful, but you just can't stop drinking it. Mmmmmm...Beverly :slurp: :hurl:

As for the location of Club Cool, I believe it's in Innoventions West. As you enter the Innoventions Plaza from the Spaceship Earth area, it's on your right, near the breezeway that leads to the Land, the Living Seas, and Imagination.

AliceinWDW

WDWScottieBoy said:
Also, for the Build your own Bottle I belive it was $12.

Thanks for the update!! With the Build Your own Bottle thing, are you able to fill it up with the soda of your choice or does it not come with soda? If you could fill it up, that would be a great thing!!! I love the Chinese Watermelon soda!! My husband (believe it or not) LOVES Beverly. :dazzle:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
miles1 said:
You are being way, way too kind. More like carbonated brake fluid.:lol:
I spent a few years in the automotive repair industry and I have to say brake fluid has a much better taste than Beverly.

Jerm

I am so excited!!! While I will miss the Ice Station Cool...kinda like getting rid of Sea Base Alpha :drevil: I can't wait to spend hours in there drinking sodas that I will never drink unless I am in Fl or Atlanta. Plus the joy of watching some new guest try the taste of Beverly!!!

See it all in a month.

J

CoffeeJedi

AliceinWDW said:
Thanks for the update!! With the Build Your own Bottle thing, are you able to fill it up with the soda of your choice or does it not come with soda? If you could fill it up, that would be a great thing!!! I love the Chinese Watermelon soda!! My husband (believe it or not) LOVES Beverly. :dazzle:
if it doesn't come with regular soda, you could just keeping hitting the button until its filled up with Watermelon or Beverly
i don't know if the policy is changed, but i used to refill large cups all the time with Mezo Mix, and no CM ever batted an eye (considering that 16oz of fountain soda costs all of $.02)

crazygirley

It looks COOL!

But seriously, it seems like a modernized version of Ice Station Cool with a little more flair. I still can't wait to see it!!!

I also can't wait to have the first-timer I am taking try some Beverly!!! Thank goodness we will be able to prank her in January!!!

Rotel1026

miles1 said:
Beverly "stimulates the appetite"?! Somebody in imangineering must be getting a good laugh out of this!

Great Pictures. Thanks.

Maybe they mean, you'll rush to replace the nasty aftertaste by sticking any food item in your mouth? Of course, "stimulates the appetite" sounds better. :lol:

The interior looks like it fits in better with the rest of the Innoventions interiors. I only made it into Ice Station Cool once in all my trips since 2000, but the interior looks a lot bigger. Did they increase the size?

SirNim

Some observations:

1) It appears that the description plaque adorning our favorite Beverly has been corrected. In Club Cool's prior incarnation, the plaque featured a rather prominent grammatical error: "Beverly, with it's bitter flavor..."

Glad to see that "it's" has been properly changed to "its." I would have freaked if they had failed to catch that during the rehab.

UPDATE: I have just re-examined the photos Scottie posted. Are my eyes deceiving me, or does the Beverly label read "is a popular non-alcholic..." One of those words is spelled incorrectly, no?

2) The theming is sterile and bland. I personally would have enjoyed seeing a bit more imaginative recreation of Ice Station Cool. To me, it seems that the pop theme they went with will lose its appeal sooner or later, like all decorative trends. That's ok, it's bound to happen. I, eh, I just don't know.

It's certainly light and airy. And that's always good. After all, after drinking my way around the world, I have a tendency to feel rather bloated. The former heavy theme of arctic escapades and snowmobiles didn't do much to ease that plodding feeling. Perhaps this new theme will...

Further than that, I can't comment 'til I see it myself. I'm rather looking forward to it, I daresay.

Magicot

DznyRktekt said:
As for the look of Club cool...I think it fits into "Future World" better than the glacier that once stood in its place. I feel this is another step in the right direction in bringing EPCOT back to the glory days, pre 1996.

This is exactly what has happened! I completely agree! Club Cool has brought back the original Innoventions appearance by taking off all that fake snow and ice and returning with the original glass windows and classic beige Epcot look. Like DznyRktekt said, this is a positive step foward for Epcot- by bringing back the Future World atmosphere that was once there.

Compare:

^before...

Club_Cool_26.jpg

^and after!

^before...

Club_Cool_24.jpg

^and after!

And as far as the new sleek look goes, I think its more colorful, more "futuristic", and more appropriate for Future World. It reminds me alot of The Land's new look- much more modern and artistic. And I won't be surprised if The Living Seas has a similar look when it reopens Wednesday.

*(pictures from WDWScottieBoy and wdwmagic.com)

Wbnemo1

ohh!!! this is too cool..... look for me over there helping guests try the amazing Beverly, I've actually developed an amunity for it so i can drink it and play out how good it is........as far as true taste i was thinking it's more like carbonated Bear asprin water lol

gniko21

gniko21

Looks much much improved to me. I had not seen Club Cool prior to my visit last year. I thought it looked pretty bad, tacked on the outside of the building. The snow was 'plasticy' and dirty looking, and was crying out for an overhaul. The new look, I think, is much more in keeping with its surroundings.

DisneyDellsDude

I kind of like that they got rid of the snow theme.

Now it goes a little bit better with 'Future World'. It even adds in a bit of the 'World Showcase' because of the different flavors from around the world!

Valawen9

mhead said:
I hate to be the one to disagree with most - but Beverly is NASTY!!! In fact all of the free drinks are disgusting. I guess that is why they are the free ones.

The only one I like is the one from Israel.

Bytowner

It looks great! I also heard that you can buy any of the international sodas there.

I was kinda hoping that because it was a Coca-Cola exhibit, they could also dispense varieties of Coca-Cola from around the world. Not all Coke tastes the same. Canadian Coke tastes quite different than it's American counterpart.

:slurp:

TTATraveler

It looks like there is a more open floor plan at Club Cool. Perhaps this will help with crowd flow. I agree that it looks more futuristic and a bit bland.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom