Club Cool - is OPEN!!!

LeeSeeBabe

Mezzo Story

I went to Europe last summer for a class trip. While we were in Germany, there really was Mezzo mix!! I was soo excited. No where else I went over there had Cool Station stuff that they said was from certain countries.

I guess that was my story. Thought it was going to be more exciting before I typed it out. :lol:

Would you believe that till I came on here I thought Ice Station Cool was a restraunt so never went near it. :eek:

Definately got to try this out next time I'm over including the infamous beverly.

How many different flavours are there in total?

I'd like to track down a drink called Fanta Green that I've only seen sold in Thailand...

Hurricane

For as much as you guys hate Beverly, you certainly talk about it a lot. Considering the purpose of the attraction is to advertise Coca-Cola, it certainly seems to be doing its job.

CTXRover

Thanks for the pics. Looks good and more appropriately themed to Future World than a random ice glacier. While I liked walking through the igloo, it wasn't anything I'm going to miss. The actual inside of the old version past the igloo was relatively bland and not very colorful and kind of cheap looking imo. Club cool looks very similar though, but a bit more of a hip, brighter and future-world appropriate take on things. Until I see it in person, I give it a thumbs up from the pics.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures and giving once a year visitors like me a preview. We'll definitely hit Club Cool next August to pick up some stuff as I have a "Coca Cola" kitchen.

The virtual vacations, via shared photos and videos, provided on this site are priceless!

foxfire

WDWScottieBoy said:
I do my best to keep this site as the first place to get any information.

Also, for the Build your own Bottle I belive it was $12.

The little machine where you get to wrap the bottle yourself was $2.50 I believe. (MyStyle Coke)

$12..not bad considering it'll probably cost that much from the vending machines before the end of the year...

Magicot

jedimaster1227 said:
It is in the same location as it was before, right next to the Electric Umbrella

First of all, my question was what was in Ice Station Cool's location before it was? And secondly, Club Cool isn't located right next to the Electric Umbrella. It's in Innoventions West, no?

WelshBatman

Club Cool is in the same location as Ice Station Cool which is in Innoventions West and right next to the Electric Umbrella. The entrance is outside of Innoventions West. If you face the fountain looking towards World Showcase and look Northwest, you won't miss it. Before there was a big Ice berg at the entrance, but it's still very easy to spot now. So it hasn't moved and it's not really "in" innoventions, more or less in the same building just accessed from the outside.

a2grafix

Magicot said:
Does anyone know what was in Ice Staion Cool's location before it was?

(pulling out the Epcot flip-top handy-dandy 1982 cardboard "compliments of Kodak" multi-page map from the early 1980s) ....

Innoventions West used to be called Communicore West, as we all know. I am not sure exactly where Ice Station Cool is located now (since my last visit to Epcot was in August 1993) but from what the map says, there (was) the Sunrise Terrace Restaurant and something called FutureCom.

FutureCom was this -- "presented by Bell System; Experience tomorrow's communications today; WorldKey Information Satellite; Themed games."

I am not too sure, but I think some never developed space was supposed to be the Tron arcade, but that idea never materialzed.

Anyone know of what else replaced "Sunrise Terrace Restaurant" and "FutureCom" (?), or is the restaurant still in its place? Or is the Sunrise Terrace the Electric Umbrella?

WelshBatman

Club Cool (and Ice Station Cool for that matter) is like in the basement of Innoventions West. That's a bad explanation, but it's the best I can think of at the moment.

As for what used to be there, I can't really recall anything. I've been every year since 1989 and nothing comes to mind. No attraction like Club Cool anyway. Someone else may be able to recall more.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Someone pointed out that there was a robotics demonstration there for a while last time the question was asked.

There was also a stage on the LAND/Imagination side of the building, but that was torn down in the last year. The long corridor that makes up most of the building has been used for Flower/Garden and Food/Wine for the last few years - this years overlay for Food/Wine being the most elaborate.

Sunshine Terrace became Pasta Piazza (italian quick service) and i'm not sure if the Fountainview Cafe grew out of it, or was always its own thing. The pasta place can still be seen in the black-white checkered tile motif toward the front of the building.

mitros

Nerts! We missed the opening by One day! Oh well, guess we will check it out December 13 when we go back for the holidays.:xmas:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Also on a side note, in the building where all the wine bottles were for the F&W, is now being turned into Character Connection - opening November 2005. The whole place is starting to get themed, with the windows in the walkway getting stuff put on them.

I haven't seen anything posted about this, and I still don't know exactly what it is they're doing there.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Something i noticed my last trip through Epcot.. have the windows for Innoventions with all the techno-junk covers always been lit up? Or atleast were they supposed to? Becuase this trip they had a nice glow at night as the colorful covers were backlit, whereas the areas always seemed so dark.

Anywho, the character "corridor" or whatever is replacing the on Holiday bus. Maybe it'll get some nice traffic into that part of Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom