• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Kamikaze

Advertisement
I'm not jealous. It's just frustrating to know that Disney has turned a special, hidden part of Disneyland (and Tokyo Disneyland) into a gaudy franchise that can be plopped down anywhere. It's Walmarting the concept of Walt Disney's original idea for Club 33 and it rubs me the wrong way.
The only thing hidden or special about Club 33 is that it costs $25k to be a member and its a waiting list. You don't need to know a current member (like a high end country club) and/or be recommended. You just need to pay. This is probably something they should have put in WDW a long time ago. If it had been here when MK opened, your sorts of complaints would be void.

rreading

Premium Member
So I seemed to have missed this: where exactly did the Epcot location land? And is the DHS one attached to Brown Derby?

Thanks

trainplane3

The DHS location is open, but no others, right? Or is Epcot open too?
I believe Epcot and DSH are both open. MK is under construction but I'm not sure about AK. It was mentioned they might use the Dinosaur lounge but that seems to have changed a while ago (I'm probably out of date).

doctornick

I believe Epcot and DSH are both open. MK is under construction but I'm not sure about AK. It was mentioned they might use the Dinosaur lounge but that seems to have changed a while ago (I'm probably out of date).
I think the latest scuttlebutt is the DAK location will be in Africa and will be a new build. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct if I am wrong.

StudNubbles

Thanks. I figured with so few invites being talked about that there was only 1 club open, but it seems they are just going really slow. I would guess things would open up a bit more when the MK Club opens.

ABQ

Big missed opportunity to create a classy, retro Epcot-inspired space. Just looks like a hotel bar
I'm not saying I like what they made here, especially considering the tiny glimpse the image provides, but considering the location, inside the World Showcase, not Futureworld, the design is sort of ok, albeit boring.

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
Ugh... My curiosity got the best of me and I went to that site to see the picture. Looks very uninspiring. But then again, I'm not going to be among its clientele. Maybe those with the wherewithal to drop $25k+ on a membership like that sort of thing?

I feel dirty now...

Top Bottom