News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

trainplane3

The DHS location is open, but no others, right? Or is Epcot open too?
I believe Epcot and DSH are both open. MK is under construction but I'm not sure about AK. It was mentioned they might use the Dinosaur lounge but that seems to have changed a while ago (I'm probably out of date).

doctornick

I believe Epcot and DSH are both open. MK is under construction but I'm not sure about AK. It was mentioned they might use the Dinosaur lounge but that seems to have changed a while ago (I'm probably out of date).

I think the latest scuttlebutt is the DAK location will be in Africa and will be a new build. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct if I am wrong.

StudNubbles

Thanks. I figured with so few invites being talked about that there was only 1 club open, but it seems they are just going really slow. I would guess things would open up a bit more when the MK Club opens.

ABQ

Big missed opportunity to create a classy, retro Epcot-inspired space. Just looks like a hotel bar
I'm not saying I like what they made here, especially considering the tiny glimpse the image provides, but considering the location, inside the World Showcase, not Futureworld, the design is sort of ok, albeit boring.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ugh... My curiosity got the best of me and I went to that site to see the picture. Looks very uninspiring. But then again, I'm not going to be among its clientele. Maybe those with the wherewithal to drop $25k+ on a membership like that sort of thing?

I feel dirty now...

Timothy_Q

Might be time to change the name of the company if said company doesn't wish to stick to the original ideals that made the company beloved in the first place, don't you think?
Recreating a Disneyland-original concept at WDW is not "sticking to the original ideals"? lol ok

Don't mind every other restaurant, ride and land built at WDW that were originally from Disneyland.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

The picture of the space looks more appropriate for DHS, as that look would certainly fit alongside the Brown Derby. I wonder how certain they are of the location?

The new lounge they added at Disneyland's Club 33 looks like a chain restaurant, so WDI hasn't been on their best form lately.

castlecake2.0

first thought: I dont like it at all.

second thought: looking and thinking about it closer... the World Showcase pavilions are supposed to reflect a certain time period in the host nation's history that highlights the country in its coming of age so to speak. Originally the colonial motif along with the cast member costumes set the American Adventure's time period around Independence. In 2012 the costumes were changed to more tour guide looking than colonial, which made the pavilion more fluid in time period options. Now looking at this 40's style design of the club, it could be argued the pavilions time period is now more set in a WW2 era, which is also an important time period of that country.

Surfin' Tuna

It is indeed the Epcot location, but the DHS is not all that much more inspired. There are some features that will make the Epcot lounge a lot "cooler," but they are not shown in his picture. Of the two, Epcot is definitely nicer. IIRC it is a nautical or cruising theme in Epcot.

Old Mouseketeer

It is indeed the Epcot location, but the DHS is not all that much more inspired. There are some features that will make the Epcot lounge a lot "cooler," but they are not shown in his picture. Of the two, Epcot is definitely nicer. IIRC it is a nautical or cruising theme in Epcot.

I still haven't found it. < sigh >

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom