Club 32 Lounge

StevenU

As I was closing out I realized I missed citing two people for the contributors list and it was going to bother me so I went back and added them in. Mystery hunt I guess to see if you can find the additions haha. Night everyone!

You uploaded the whole video again just so two people wouldn't feel left out? That's really caring.

For your attraction @OvertheHorizon would it be okay if I helped out with the theater portion too?:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I love this format space! It was very helpful!
Great - thank you! If everyone else likes it I'd be happy to continue it.

Though please don't be afraid to critique/comment on anything to improve because these are for you all so it needs to be something that works for you.
You uploaded the whole video again just so two people wouldn't feel left out? That's really caring.

For your attraction @OvertheHorizon would it be okay if I helped out with the theater portion too?:)
Eh nah -- people who have contributed deserve to be on there and that is my bad for just trying to do it by memory instead of actually having a list of everyone involved (which I do now!):bookworm:

JackWatkinson

I was thinking we could use your backstory you were starting in the previous post -- but include Jack Sparrow on a different adventure than seen in the films. Or have him be a minor character in the ride. I'm only saying this because given the box office success of the films and Jack Sparrow being now synonymous with Pirates of the Caribbean, I could see an average guest wondering why Jack Sparrow isn't there (like Figment not being in Imagination)

Similar to Star Wars Land where we take the characters we know....but put them in a new story/planet/environment...I think we could mess around with a new Pirates plot...which would be different than any Pirates attraction before (trying to stay away from reusing the same tricks from the past)

If we had an epic villain for the attraction -- that could add a layer of depth to it and the darker feel that I enjoy especially in Pirates, but then contrasted with the levity of a Jack Sparrow so it's still family friendly.
Ok I see now. I'll begin thinking on a plot and looking at improving the plot for the Ghost Ship.

I think I'm going to start taking this an area at a time and it may not come on as quick as other lands it will allow me to make sure that everyone has a land that they are happy with and i'm happy with then construct a map of the area. What I have been looking at is some problems with the boats to each area which could potentially put people off because you might end up queuing for a boat. That led my to use a hidden path maybe that would go around the perimeter of the river? Thoughts?

FigmentPigments

Just a personal thought before I type Figment's comments.

You guys are completely insane. I am so impressed and overwhelmed by everything I'm seeing. That video above is just unreal and from what Figment told me, having a former imagineer giving advice is mind blowing (i'll take her word on that). I don't understand half of what is going on and i hope Figment understands because i sure don't.

Figment says that she "likes the revised direction that this project is going. If we're starting over, are we going to not do Fantasia Castle? If not i can stop working on the castle and the boat ride. Also if villains land is no longer happening i can stop working on the restaurant, mueseum of the wierd, and Big Hero 6. i love the new land names, and will think on some new ideas"

MonorailRed

Applebees

You guys are completely insane. I am so impressed and overwhelmed by everything I'm seeing. That video above is just unreal and from what Figment told me, having a former imagineer giving advice is mind blowing (i'll take her word on that). I don't understand half of what is going on and i hope Figment understands because i sure don't.

Figment says that she "likes the revised direction that this project is going. If we're starting over, are we going to not do Fantasia Castle? If not i can stop working on the castle and the boat ride. Also if villains land is no longer happening i can stop working on the restaurant, mueseum of the wierd, and Big Hero 6. i love the new land names, and will think on some new ideas"

Thanks Megan for your opinion on the project! :D It's always good to see we're heading in a good direction from others! :)

I know Fantasia Castle is still a "go" for the project.....Villains land wasn't in Space's recap video... but I think we decided to relocate it and it's still in the project? o_O I'll tag @spacemt354 , because I'm not sure :bookworm:

If not, I know there's going to be ToT in Pacific Wharf, the Museum of the Weird project could hopefully fit near there :D

D Hulk

Thanks Megan for your opinion on the project! :D It's always good to see we're heading in a good direction from others! :)

I know Fantasia Castle is still a "go" for the project.....Villains land wasn't in Space's recap video... but I think we decided to relocate it and it's still in the project? o_O I'll tag @spacemt354 , because I'm not sure :bookworm:

If not, I know there's going to be ToT in Pacific Wharf, the Museum of the Weird project could hopefully fit near there :D
If for whatever reason Museum of the Weird needs to relocate to Pacific Wharf, I think it could fit in quite nicely thematically and spatially between the TOT and Chinatown (let it share some Winchester Mystery House elements with TOT!). There was some thought that the ghost-filled TOT maybe clashes with the Haunted Mansion in Villains Land, so let's see how space feels about all this.

And kudos to Megan for helping out for @FigmentPigments lately!

FigmentPigments

Figment is slowly telling me how to respond to certain people so sorry if i mess this up.

yeah i saw how many pages you guys already have and its really incredible. Figments says the museum would work there too. its reminiscent of mystic manor where mystic as a courtyard full of curiosities.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Hi Megan! You can tell Figment that we are keeping all of her content (Fantasia Castle and the Boat ride) she doesn't need to make any changes to either of those (along with @mickeyfan5534 's stage show in front of the castle) All of those will be the same!

In addition -- Villains Land will also remain because I know Figment is working on it...the only thing that may slightly change is its location within the park, but it will border Tomorrowland regardless because the last I remember talking with Figment we were discussing a transition Villain ride from Villains Land to Tomorrowland. One of the write-ups had Villains Land go beyond the brim of the railroad so its separated from the rest of the park.

Hopefully that clears anything up!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If for whatever reason Museum of the Weird needs to relocate to Pacific Wharf, I think it could fit in quite nicely thematically and spatially between the TOT and Chinatown (let it share some Winchester Mystery House elements with TOT!). There was some thought that the ghost-filled TOT maybe clashes with the Haunted Mansion in Villains Land, so let's see how space feels about all this.

One last thing since it was mentioned, especially if Museum of the Weird can easily be moved but not change so much from what Figment has been working on -- I think it'd be great in Pacific Wharf!

FigmentPigments

its no problem. i stay at home with my daughter so i have a little free time to spend with Figment so shes no bored all day. my daughter doesnt understand that Figment can't watch finding nemo with her.

Figment said that the space mentioned the winchester house too so this direction sounds like a winner. either way, i think the museum could still work. i'm really excited for all these new ideas.

FigmentPigments

Hi Megan! You can tell Figment that we are keeping all of her content (Fantasia Castle and the Boat ride) she doesn't need to make any changes to either of those (along with @mickeyfan5534 's stage show in front of the castle) All of those will be the same!

In addition -- Villains Land will also remain because I know Figment is working on it...the only thing that may slightly change is its location within the park, but it will border Tomorrowland regardless because the last I remember talking with Figment we were discussing a transition Villain ride from Villains Land to Tomorrowland. One of the write-ups had Villains Land go beyond the brim of the railroad so its separated from the rest of the park.

Hopefully that clears anything up!
okay. she knows but she will try to keep things fluid if for some reason this changes. she says she'll put big hero 6 on the back burner until it's decided if its needed as a transition.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
its no problem. i stay at home with my daughter so i have a little free time to spend with Figment so shes no bored all day. my daughter doesnt understand that Figment can't watch finding nemo with her.

Figment said that the space mentioned the winchester house too so this direction sounds like a winner. either way, i think the museum could still work. i'm really excited for all these new ideas.
Thanks Megan for keeping up with this -- it's really thoughtful!

If you can tell Figment is I can't wait for her Mystic Manor style museum! One last thing I probably should mention is a winchester/medieval inspired Haunted Mansion felt redundant with Pacific Wharf, so I took out my own Haunted Mansion project out of Villains Land, and might convert it to part of the Pacific Wharf backstory with George Bluebeard.

This means that Villains Land will be much more whimsical and fanciful (which is what the imagineer who gave us some feedback had suggested we make this project as a whole)

D Hulk

@spacemt354, I'm mostly unfamiliar with the Bluebeard version of Haunted Mansion you've developed, other than its nautical theme. Most certainly, piracy and brigands were a big part of historical San Francisco (heck, it could tie into Adventureland!), so very very spur-of-the-moment we could make like a Bluebeard walkthrough near PF's piers, in like a dockside warehouse. There's actually plenty of local Bay Area legends to cull from as wanted - there's even a Treasure Island out there!

FigmentPigments

Thanks Megan for keeping up with this -- it's really thoughtful!

If you can tell Figment is I can't wait for her Mystic Manor style museum! One last thing I probably should mention is a winchester/medieval inspired Haunted Mansion felt redundant with Pacific Wharf, so I took out my own Haunted Mansion project out of Villains Land, and might convert it to part of the Pacific Wharf backstory with George Bluebeard.

This means that Villains Land will be much more whimsical and fanciful (which is what the imagineer who gave us some feedback had suggested we make this project as a whole)
its been interesting so far. Figment tries to explain what she does on her and i see some of her art but i never really understood it until i started to help her with this. Figment says shes glad your not getting rid of the haunted mansion completely as she really liked the story and the details.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@spacemt354, I'm mostly unfamiliar with the Bluebeard version of Haunted Mansion you've developed, other than its nautical theme. Most certainly, piracy and brigands were a big part of historical San Francisco (heck, it could tie into Adventureland!), so very very spur-of-the-moment we could make like a Bluebeard walkthrough near PF's piers, in like a dockside warehouse. There's actually plenty of local Bay Area legends to cull from as wanted - there's even a Treasure Island out there!
Here's the backstory (I tweaked the year I bit so that it would fir relatively with the 1905 San Fran timeline
Thanks to @MonorailRed for the portrait
georgebluebeard-png.195939

In 1885, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.

haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom