Club 32 Lounge

Poe Dameron

Looking at Google Earth

Tokyo Disneyland perimeter is 3.76 miles -- I found a plot of land north of Sydney that has 4.28 (minus a few small homes but ..eminent domain :p) That may be a good spot right on the Pacific Ocean -- which would allow you to install a DCL dock as well -- and would provide amazing views of the ocean.

Plus it would be just up the road from Sydney and the airport to the south. I know @LSCreative is from Australia and maybe he can help manage the intricacies of the area as we get more in depth with it!
I'm still catching up but I very much like Sydney as the location for the Resort.

Poe Dameron

Just tagging @Voxel @D Hindley and others for some possible feedback on this

@OvertheHorizon and myself were working on a side project for a new Horizons pavilion -- titled Century 22.

We have some details down and began designing a website for it (Horizon did the website)
http://century22pavilion.weebly.com/

I'm reading again and StevenU had mentioned something about the ocean and using it to look at the horizon from Progressland. I'm wondering if this Century 22 attraction, tweaked a little to fit the Magic Kingdom moreso than an Epcoty attraction -- would fit perfectly in this land -- just wanted to get your thoughts on it!
@OvertheHorizon as always your websites are superb. If you need any help with this just let me know the specifics of what you'd need done. This is going in Progressland?

Brer Oswald

Hi everyone. My name is Megan and I'm friends with Figment. She had a relapse and won't be online for a while. She wanted to let everyone know she's working hard on her assigned projects. I'll try to keep her up to date but this website isn't familiar to me so it's slow going.
I hope she's okay. Wish her the best from her friends from Club 32.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hi everyone. My name is Megan and I'm friends with Figment. She had a relapse and won't be online for a while. She wanted to let everyone know she's working hard on her assigned projects. I'll try to keep her up to date but this website isn't familiar to me so it's slow going.
Thanks Megan for the update -- Figment can take all the time she needs! Health comes first -- just hope she gets better!

OvertheHorizon

@OvertheHorizon as always your websites are superb. If you need any help with this just let me know the specifics of what you'd need done. This is going in Progressland?
My interest in this project was in developing a "new" Horizons type pavilion for Epcot. But @spacemt354 said that perhaps it would fit into this project's Progressland. Since this is armchair imagineering, not likely to get built in my lifetime... ;) I said that would be fine.The next element that could use help is the content of the IMAX movie (which I envision as a 3 minute look at cutting edge technology of today that will most likely shape what the "achievable future" will look like. For example, Space had shared (on a different thread) the research that allows for genetic repairs. That type of technology could transform medicine in the not too distant future. Other innovations I've been reading about lately include turning roofs into solar arrays. If you are aware of other ideas, share them. Thanks for the offer to help.

OvertheHorizon

In case anyone missed it on the other thread, one of our best imagineers on here @FigmentPigments has been suffering from migraines and had a relapse so she can't be online (looking at screens and stuff like that):(

Just let's all pray that she gets better and hope she's able to re-join us again soon.
Sorry to hear that. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Poe Dameron

Praying for you, Figment. :( Sad to hear. You're such a great teammate and were always so encouraging.

Poe Dameron

My interest in this project was in developing a "new" Horizons type pavilion for Epcot. But @spacemt354 said that perhaps it would fit into this project's Progressland. Since this is armchair imagineering, not likely to get built in my lifetime... ;) I said that would be fine.The next element that could use help is the content of the IMAX movie (which I envision as a 3 minute look at cutting edge technology of today that will most likely shape what the "achievable future" will look like. For example, Space had shared (on a different thread) the research that allows for genetic repairs. That type of technology could transform medicine in the not too distant future. Other innovations I've been reading about lately include turning roofs into solar arrays. If you are aware of other ideas, share them. Thanks for the offer to help.
Interesting. Have you thought of robotics at all? Not just in daily like but health and wellness too. I could help research some on the horizon futuristic technology.

kmbmw777

Oh no! Figment will be in my thoughts tonight and I hope she gets better! Wish her best from all of us!

MonorailRed

Applebees
:( Best wishes and prayers Figment! We all sincerely hope you get better soon...

StevenU

Oh...I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for you tonight Figment for a speedy recovery:)

Suchomimus

This is goes out to FigmentPigments in the hopes that she'll be alright.
images

Imagineerland

Ah that's awesome -- thank you so much!

As I was telling someone else with all the progress over the last few days I will do a recap post tonight to bring it all together. The project has no definitive timetable that it needs to be complete by, but since everything seems to be flowing nicely the last few days I wouldn't be shocked to see a basic outline of the entire park by this weekend or early next week.

And based on your design style for maps -- the details of @D Hindley 's Tower of Terror for instance, wouldn't need to be complete for the map -- it'd just be a location, so we will try our best to get you as much info as possible so you can plan out with your schedule whenever you have time! Thank you again!

Ok, well I'm working on a project for a new post to start May, so I could work on it after that. If all the ideas are there, shouldn't take too long once that is the only think I'm working on.

So definitely keep working it out and refining the ideas until closer to then, and then I'll check in with the progress when I really can start!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok, well I'm working on a project for a new post to start May, so I could work on it after that. If all the ideas are there, shouldn't take too long once that is the only think I'm working on.

So definitely keep working it out and refining the ideas until closer to then, and then I'll check in with the progress when I really can start!
Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to your project -- and will keep you up to date with the progress, thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom