Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@JackWatkinson and @Angels and Disney's
251841127322886961%253Faccount_id%253D9

I felt the urge to sketch out a bit more of Adventureland since Jack had mentioned some concept sketching assistance. Hope this helps.:)

1 - Pirates (Isla Tortuga)
2 - Lost Coast (Indiana Jones Temple maybe?)
some future expansion space next door
3 - Arabian Coast
4/5 - Tiki Island
Tiki Room Dark Ride, Moana maybe? A Hawaiian version of Swiss Family Robinson treehouse?
6 - Boat Dock (for the boat tour and for the canoes running through all of Frontierland, Critter, and Pacific Wharf.

The Excavator

I felt the urge to sketch out a bit more of Adventureland since Jack had mentioned some concept sketching assistance. Hope this helps.:)

3 - Arabian Coast
4/5 - Tiki Island
Tiki Room Dark Ride, Moana maybe? A Hawaiian version of Swiss Family Robinson treehouse?
6 - Boat Dock (for the boat tour and for the canoes running through all of Frontierland, Critter, and Pacific Wharf.
Love it!

And Jack yes Indiana Jones would be epic in this land!

JackWatkinson

3 - Arabian Coast
4/5 - Tiki Island
This is great! This is exactly what I would have done if I had a similar level of talent. It really is good thank you!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is great! This is exactly what I would have done if I had a similar level of talent. It really is good thank you!
No problem - anytime! If it changes or you want to add some more stuff in feel free!

I may have missed this but what was Arabian Coast themed to...Aladdin? I just gave it a generic Arabian design I didn't know if it was something specific:bookworm:

Also I'm totally on board with the Moana placement in Tiki Island as someone mentioned. Perfect fit!

JackWatkinson

Love it!

And Jack yes Indiana Jones would be epic in this land!
Do fancy working on Lost Coast? I had ideas to theme based on Mayan temples, cities of gold particularly something around city of the caesars , Peru’s Machu Picchu, and the ornate European towns constructed by the arriving Spanish. But I would love to see what you could come up with!

Also @spacemt354 I have been working on the pirates of the caribbean it will be similar to shanghai with the fact that it will use modern technology as well as physical theming. I'm working on putting the scenes together, thought i'd mention because you seemed quite interested in what would be happening so I can tell you that it will take more from the films and feature some of your suggested music!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Do fancy working on Lost Coast? I had ideas to theme based on Mayan temples, cities of gold particularly something around city of the caesars , Peru’s Machu Picchu, and the ornate European towns constructed by the arriving Spanish. But I would love to see what you could come up with!

Also @spacemt354 I have been working on the pirates of the caribbean it will be similar to shanghai with the fact that it will use modern technology as well as physical theming. I'm working on putting the scenes together, thought i'd mention because you seemed quite interested in what would be happening so I can tell you that it will take more from the films and feature some of your suggested music!
Awesome cant wait to see!

JackWatkinson

No problem - anytime! If it changes or you want to add some more stuff in feel free!

I may have missed this but what was Arabian Coast themed to...Aladdin? I just gave it a generic Arabian design I didn't know if it was something specific:bookworm:

Also I'm totally on board with the Moana placement in Tiki Island as someone mentioned. Perfect fit!
I think if it was Agrabah it would give the opportunity to have Aladdin themed attractions. I think Moana would fit well and was suggested by both @D Hindley and @S.P.E.W. A show was also suggested.

D Hulk

An alternate idea for Arabian Coast, @JackWatkinson, might be to place Indy there. At Disneyland he visits a Cambodian temple; at DisneySea, a Mayan temple. It might be fun to switch that up again and send Indy to like an Egyptian temple, with elements of Petra, a giant Sphinx head of doom, and all that fun Egyptian stuff from Raiders.

As for the Tiki Room dark ride, I'll try to provide some tentative ideas for that maybe this evening.

D Hulk

Here's the backstory (I tweaked the year I bit so that it would fir relatively with the 1905 San Fran timeline
Thanks to @MonorailRed for the portrait
georgebluebeard-png.195939

In 1885, George Bluebeard began construction on a sprawling mansion for his 7th wife, Lucretia. Featuring a plethora of eclectic rooms and a unique design, Bluebeard spent the next several years trying to build the perfect mansion for his perfect wife. Unfortunately for Bluebeard however, his situation took a turn for the worst.

haunted-mansion-interior.jpg

George had seven winsome wives, some of them were fat, some thin, but the seventh one did him in. George Bluebeard died in the mansion he built, and rumor has it at the hand of the woman he married he built it for. Lucretia took control of the mansion, but ever since she claimed her inheritance, she began experiencing ghostly appearances throughout the house and grounds.

The organ in the ballroom began to play on its own, doors would swing open, voices would cry out to her, and the clock never told the right time. She decided to bring in a seance in order to discover any ghosts in the mansion, and to possibly rid her of her daftly spirits. However, that just made matters worse.

The seance, named Leota, called on the spirits, wherever they're at, and George Bluebeard's mansion soon became a portal to 999 happy haunts from all around the world, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight. The spirit of George Bluebeard rose from the dead to haunt Lucretia, and drive her out of the mansion he built. Some say they can still hear her screams from the room in which she saw him. For the next few years, the mansion was known for its spiritual dwellings. Those who sought to dare venture inside were met with the ghouls within, touring the mansion at their own behalf and risk.
Neat backstory for Bluebeard. He can certainly have a home in Pacific Wharf! I'm a little concerned about tossing too many similar haunts into the land (as this Haunted Mansion style idea blurs together with the Winchester style Tower of Terror), but a quick idea for a Bluebeard ride suggests itself.

Rather than giving him a mansion, let's allow guests to visit Bluebeard's merchant marine ship on the harbor (furthest away in PW from TOT). Keep the story of his murderous seventh wife, and his spirit haunting her, though, like the legend of the Flying Dutchman. Upon his ship, guests enjoy a Vekoma Mad House ride - This is something Disney hasn't done before. It's a kaleidoscope room with a swinging floor. Hard to describe, but I see it as a way to start with a Stretching Room story told, then seemlessly transition to an eerily warping ship and a "storm at sea" scene. Full of effects and Bluebeard's vengeful ghost, and hopefully distinctive enough from TOT. One concern is Mad Houses have a slight height requirement, but I think Disney could work with Vekoma to tone that down and make this all-access. Thoughts?

JackWatkinson

An alternate idea for Arabian Coast, @JackWatkinson, might be to place Indy there. At Disneyland he visits a Cambodian temple; at DisneySea, a Mayan temple. It might be fun to switch that up again and send Indy to like an Egyptian temple, with elements of Petra, a giant Sphinx head of doom, and all that fun Egyptian stuff from Raiders.

As for the Tiki Room dark ride, I'll try to provide some tentative ideas for that maybe this evening.
I'm not so sure whether an Egypt themed area would fit well with the overall theme of the land with trees and rivers etc. However I considered reviving the idea of Lost Expedition-
indianajonesandthelostexpedition1.preview_0-590x259.jpeg

This was an Indy themed land and could have an attraction themed to Egypt and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Thoughts everyone Arabian Coast or Lost Expedition? Personally I like the indy themed land but i'd like to hear everyone else's opinion!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
While I was at it I also did a rough updated sketch for Pacific Wharf based on our discussions yesterday
6281647218340643950%253Faccount_id%253D9

Noticeable changes
- connected the pier, so that guest flow can travel all around (and it has 4 different entrances)
- George Bluebeard (shaded buildings on the coast) could be for a pacific themed semi-haunted shop (close to ToT) selling various nautical gear
- Museum of the Weird is added
- Cable Cars given slight edit.

1 - Tower of Terror
2 - Museum of the Weird
3 - Chinatown trackless
4 - Lombard St. Wild Mouse Coaster
5 - Alcatraz Island/Pier Dock
6 - George Bluebeard
7 - Cable Cars

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Neat backstory for Bluebeard. He can certainly have a home in Pacific Wharf! I'm a little concerned about tossing too many similar haunts into the land (as this Haunted Mansion style idea blurs together with the Winchester style Tower of Terror), but a quick idea for a Bluebeard ride suggests itself.

Rather than giving him a mansion, let's allow guests to visit Bluebeard's merchant marine ship on the harbor (furthest away in PW from TOT). Keep the story of his murderous seventh wife, and his spirit haunting her, though, like the legend of the Flying Dutchman. Upon his ship, guests enjoy a Vekoma Mad House ride - This is something Disney hasn't done before. It's a kaleidoscope room with a swinging floor. Hard to describe, but I see it as a way to start with a Stretching Room story told, then seemlessly transition to an eerily warping ship and a "storm at sea" scene. Full of effects and Bluebeard's vengeful ghost, and hopefully distinctive enough from TOT. One concern is Mad Houses have a slight height requirement, but I think Disney could work with Vekoma to tone that down and make this all-access. Thoughts?
Ah we think alike! I was thinking of a merchant shop (ship works too though) Much like the Wilderness Lodge...there is a full fledged backstory to that resort, but a novice guest wouldn't notice. Similar in this shop, I could have several easter eggs to the backstory (and guests can ask cast members if they are interested...so it would be like telling a ghost story) I also think some elements can be interactive (like the Haunted Mansion extended queue) and perhaps a hedge maze outside as that was my favorite part of the queue I designed previously as it was different and reminded me of the Shining.

Mad House would be good too -- though my one hesitation would be that I wouldn't want it to be too similar to Museum of the Weird or be too dark for a disney park

JackWatkinson

Ah we think alike! I was thinking of a merchant shop (ship works too though) Much like the Wilderness Lodge...there is a full fledged backstory to that resort, but a novice guest wouldn't notice. Similar in this shop, I could have several easter eggs to the backstory (and guests can ask cast members if they are interested...so it would be like telling a ghost story) I also think some elements can be interactive (like the Haunted Mansion extended queue) and perhaps a hedge maze outside as that was my favorite part of the queue I designed previously as it was different and reminded me of the Shining.

Mad House would be good too -- though my one hesitation would be that I wouldn't want it to be too similar to Museum of the Weird or be too dark for a disney park
When working on Theme Park projects non-disney i've used madhouses also by Vekoma ( never go on a Vekoma SLC you will have one of the roughest rides of your life- especially MP Xpress at Movie Park Germany.) It would be one one of the darker rides at the park might not be too dark. Have a look at Villa Volta at Efteling it was the first madhouse and is quite dark and make a decision.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
When working on Theme Park projects non-disney i've used madhouses also by Vekoma ( never go on a Vekoma SLC you will have one of the roughest rides of your life- especially MP Xpress at Movie Park Germany.) It would be one one of the darker rides at the park might not be too dark. Have a look at Villa Volta at Efteling it was the first madhouse and is quite dark and make a decision.
Cool! I'll do that later today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom