Club 32 Lounge

D Hulk

My thought process for Frontierland was kind of a prequel to National Parks era Frontier. So somewhere within the Timeline of Pacific Wharf.

Western River Expedition - Suspended Dark Ride - https://carouselofprojects.wixsite....017/03/11/A-Western-River-Expedition-Revivial

Tall Tales Mountain - More Disney Tall Tales theme of a Mine Train level coaster....

____'s River Rafts - Water/Outdoor version of Crush's coaster. Hopefully featuring scenery/animals from True life adventures or maybe go in search for a lost buffalo heard.
2017-04-18.png

Davy Crockett Canoes - Similar to DLR

Geyser Mountain (Adventureland Transition) - Big Thunder/Journey to the Center of the Earth/Dinosaur Hybrid. A Dinosaur Excavation team in South Dakota goes deep into the earth to uncover real dinosaurs living under the sediments of Geyser Mountain.

Railroad Scene #1 (Pacific Warf) - New take on Native American Scene in WRE original concept... Maybe telling a legend?
2017-04-18.png

Railroad Scene #2 (Frontier/Adventureland) - Dinosaurs from DLR

Timber Peak - Quick Service
Ooh, this would be an entirely unique Frontierland!! It's feels very John Muir, very John Wesley Powell - Incidentally, maybe Powell's river expedition could influence the River Rafts. And seeing these original attraction types, I rescind my proposal to switch WRE and Geyser Mountain; they're perfectly located as is for space and theme and such.

I wonder slightly if having 3 height limit rides (Geyser, River Rafts, Tall Tales) is too many for one Disney land. The themes for each are ideal, and the outdoor/water Crush Coaster concept is really unique (Geyser Mountain of course HAS to be a thrill ride!), so I trust @MonorailRed's judgment.

D Hulk

IMG_2238.JPG
Different proposal for Pacific Wharf layout. Maintains the peninsula shape, but guests enter from Colonial Street along the Oakland Bay Bridge route rather than from below. The bridge to Frontierland, in the Golden Gate location, leads in my mind to the river raft / Geyser Mountain side of that land. And the bay PW shares with FL is home to Alcatraz (not as centralized as in my rough map, but closer to the PW harbor). That's roughly where Alcatraz really is anyway. I've kept your relocation of Chinatown - which could be a side street of shops and food to compliment the attraction.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Ooh, this would be an entirely unique Frontierland!! It's feels very John Muir, very John Wesley Powell - Incidentally, maybe Powell's river expedition could influence the River Rafts. And seeing these original attraction types, I rescind my proposal to switch WRE and Geyser Mountain; they're perfectly located as is for space and theme and such.

I wonder slightly if having 3 height limit rides (Geyser, River Rafts, Tall Tales) is too many for one Disney land. The themes for each are ideal, and the outdoor/water Crush Coaster concept is really unique (Geyser Mountain of course HAS to be a thrill ride!), so I trust @MonorailRed's judgment.

Thanks! I wanted to make this a bit different take on a "Frontierland" more about conservation and the actual animals and mountains of the west and less about the cowboys and miners.

Eh, you may have a point on that o_O Maybe Tall Tales should just be a Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland-type slow moving ride.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok much better.

I based most of this off of the descriptions given to try and place everything where people wanted (I will describe this first then look at yours Douglas so we can compare!)

In order to give the Cable Cars (dotted lines) a lot of eclectic scenery to look at, they travel around the main hub of Pacific Wharf. As a guest walking in -- you'll be pulled in by the Tower, and a lighthouse on the pier, angled ever so where guests can see it peaking over the edge of the Tower. On the left, guests can see Lombard Street and the wild mouse coaster. Next to the tower is the seedy underbelly of the city, Chinatown, with the trackless ride.

The Cable Cars have two stops as described. One in front of the Tower, and one by the Pier.

The Pier is in the back of the land and is raise up so that cliffs can be seen from the water. Guests can walk to the boathouse where they can grab a canoe and go all through the Magic Kingdom rivers, up through Frontierland (with a stop), and Adventureland (with a stop)

A raft takes you to Alcatraz and a rope bridge is attached to the entrance to the San Fran Lighthouse.

Some shops, QS, and TS are scattered throughout the city streets.

As you go north -- you enter Frontierland. (Basically the same as @MonorailRed 's design. There's a bridge that leads you to the Frontierland Station (giving easy access to all close lands from the train station). There's also a hidden path that will transition you into the western side of Frontierland and into Critter Country.

All of these then condense down over a bridge up north -- which is the guide into Adventureland and @JackWatkinson 's idea for the Isla Tortuga, Lost Coast, Arabian Coast, and Tiki Island -- which transitions into Neverland and Fantasyland.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok much better.

I based most of this off of the descriptions given to try and place everything where people wanted (I will describe this first then look at yours Douglas so we can compare!)

In order to give the Cable Cars (dotted lines) a lot of eclectic scenery to look at, they travel around the main hub of Pacific Wharf. As a guest walking in -- you'll be pulled in by the Tower, and a lighthouse on the pier, angled ever so where guests can see it peaking over the edge of the Tower. On the left, guests can see Lombard Street and the wild mouse coaster. Next to the tower is the seedy underbelly of the city, Chinatown, with the trackless ride.

The Cable Cars have two stops as described. One in front of the Tower, and one by the Pier.

The Pier is in the back of the land and is raise up so that cliffs can be seen from the water. Guests can walk to the boathouse where they can grab a canoe and go all through the Magic Kingdom rivers, up through Frontierland (with a stop), and Adventureland (with a stop)

A raft takes you to Alcatraz and a rope bridge is attached to the entrance to the San Fran Lighthouse.

Some shops, QS, and TS are scattered throughout the city streets.

As you go north -- you enter Frontierland. (Basically the same as @MonorailRed 's design. There's a bridge that leads you to the Frontierland Station (giving easy access to all close lands from the train station). There's also a hidden path that will transition you into the western side of Frontierland and into Critter Country.

All of these then condense down over a bridge up north -- which is the guide into Adventureland and @JackWatkinson 's idea for the Isla Tortuga, Lost Coast, Arabian Coast, and Tiki Island -- which transitions into Neverland and Fantasyland.
Oh shaded = water (just fyi)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
View attachment 200093 Different proposal for Pacific Wharf layout. Maintains the peninsula shape, but guests enter from Colonial Street along the Oakland Bay Bridge route rather than from below. The bridge to Frontierland, in the Golden Gate location, leads in my mind to the river raft / Geyser Mountain side of that land. And the bay PW shares with FL is home to Alcatraz (not as centralized as in my rough map, but closer to the PW harbor). That's roughly where Alcatraz really is anyway. I've kept your relocation of Chinatown - which could be a side street of shops and food to compliment the attraction.
Ok so I really like this a lot! One thing I would combine with both of ours is...leave most of the layout the same (with Tower being in the far back, and Alcatraz closer to WRE) -- I really like that adjustment...but have the Cable Cars see more...I think we can get really creative with the Cable Cars, even if going in a circle or square shape.

D Hulk

Ok so I really like this a lot! One thing I would combine with both of ours is...leave most of the layout the same (with Tower being in the far back, and Alcatraz closer to WRE) -- I really like that adjustment...but have the Cable Cars see more...I think we can get really creative with the Cable Cars, even if going in a circle or square shape.
Good call on sprucing up the Cable Car route. You can have first shot at that if you're inclined. My lunch is nearly over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom