Club 32 Lounge

JackWatkinson

Isla Tortuga is the pirate themed area of the park. It will feature two attractions- Pirates of the Caribbean: The signature dark ride that inspired its own film franchise and my personal favorite Disney ride so I wanted to include it :) and Captain ' insert name here' Ghost Ship: A dark ride that tells the famed ghost story of Captain' ' and his Crew, The story goes- Captain ' ' sailed the famous ship 'insert good ship name here' building his reputation to be one of the most feared pirates across the seven seas but one day a small group of man found his ship empty, drifting aimlessly in the sea with no crew members anywhere to be seen and no items were missing from the ship. Still till this day no body could figure out what happened to the Captain- This is the first draft of the story. It obviously needs improving and I will work on it. From now you will enter the ship and eventually find out what happened to the crew- because it happens to you. It sounds awful the way I have put it but trust me with some work it will turn out good.

The area will feature 1 restaurant- Tortuga Tavern

There will be 2 shops in the area- Pirate treasures and The captains chest.

At the port you will be able to board The Black Pearl and experience the most famous ship across the seven seas.

At the port there will also be a show on the water featuring the Black Pearl where cannons will fire there will be fountains etc. actors on the ship. They are just some random ideas.

Thoughts? This area will need a lot of work but I thought I would share the ideas I have at the moment and then see what your ideas are and how this can be improved.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Updated (Partial) Map:
1564718866282980459%253Faccount_id%253D9

Tan - Walkways
Light Blue - Water
Green - Trees/Shrubbery or Backstage
Dark Blue - Colonial Street
Yellow - Fantasyland

Brown - Critter Country
1 - Splash Mountain
2 - Country Bear Jamboree
Rest = TBD

Orange - Frontierland
1 - Western River Expedition
2 - Geyser Mountain
3 - Tall Tales Mountain
4 - River Rafts
5 - Frontierland Station
Rest = Assorted Restaurants/Shops

Red - Pacific Wharf

1 - Tower of Terror type attraction
2 - Lombard Street Coaster
3 - Chinatown Trackless
4 - Cable Cars (with 2 stops one at ToT and one at Pier
5 - Alcatraz Island
6 - Canoe/Boat Launch
Rest = Assorted Restaurants/Shops

Let me know what you think!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Isla Tortuga is the pirate themed area of the park. It will feature two attractions- Pirates of the Caribbean: The signature dark ride that inspired its own film franchise and my personal favorite Disney ride so I wanted to include it :) and Captain ' insert name here' Ghost Ship: A dark ride that tells the famed ghost story of Captain' ' and his Crew, The story goes- Captain ' ' sailed the famous ship 'insert good ship name here' building his reputation to be one of the most feared pirates across the seven seas but one day a small group of man found his ship empty, drifting aimlessly in the sea with no crew members anywhere to be seen and no items were missing from the ship. Still till this day no body could figure out what happened to the Captain- This is the first draft of the story. It obviously needs improving and I will work on it. From now you will enter the ship and eventually find out what happened to the crew- because it happens to you. It sounds awful the way I have put it but trust me with some work it will turn out good.

At the port you will be able to board The Black Pearl and experience the most famous ship across the seven seas.

At the port there will also be a show on the water featuring the Black Pearl where cannons will fire there will be fountains etc. actors on the ship. They are just some random ideas.

Thoughts? This area will need a lot of work but I thought I would share the ideas I have at the moment and then see what your ideas are and how this can be improved.
Excellent -- I'm on board with this!

D Hulk

Right I have some idea of where i'm going with Tiki Island and I have two attractions in mind- Tiki Room obviously. The next idea was a Rapids ride like the one at shanghai disney but themed to tiki. Does anyone else have some ideas for what they would like to see in this area?
While I adore the original Tiki Room, how about reimagining it into something grander, like a dark ride? Guests begin thinking they're in regular theater seating, until like Energy or The Great Movie Ride their theater seats begin to move!

Show idea: A live Moana musical.

D Hulk

Updated (Partial) Map:
1564718866282980459%253Faccount_id%253D9

Let me know what you think!
Looks good! Pacific Wharf is really getting detailed, and I like the modified Cable Car route. Would like to add pier walkways along more of the bay's edge, like the Embarcadero. Also, if we slightly move the Cable Car's terminus by the Tower in a little bit, there's room enough there for another major attraction. And have a street lead directly to the Lombard Street view...Now I'm getting hyper-detailed! Will start thinking of more stuff to add to this land.

Last edited:

JackWatkinson

While I adore the original Tiki Room, how about reimagining it into something grander, like a dark ride? Guests begin thinking they're in regular theater seating, until like Energy or The Great Movie Ride their theater seats begin to move!

Show idea: A live Moana musical.
Good ideas. I too love the tiki room. Would you like to expand that idea because I am interested!

D Hulk

Good ideas. I too love the tiki room. Would you like to expand that idea because I am interested!
Sure, I could play with the idea. It might take a while, though, because it was an off-the-top-of-my-head notion. If anyone else has any ideas for an extended Tiki Room dark ride, by all means share them!

Edited because of my phone's autocorrect function.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

In regards to the ride itself for Pirates -- will there be any ties to the films? At least the music (which is one of my favorite aspects)

JackWatkinson

In regards to the ride itself for Pirates -- will there be any ties to the films? At least the music (which is one of my favorite aspects)
I have rode 3 versions and Paris was my favorite so I was keeping the attraction itself similar to that however that might change because Paris happens to be the only version that has not used any characters from the films. I suppose I could work on some sort of combination or base upon Disneyland. What do you think?

Imagineerland

Thanks again Imagineerland for the feedback!

Yeah ha that is basically what Disneyland is when you narrow it down. It definitely does work -- I think our goal would be to tell that story again, but in a new way. I think Tom's example of Mary Poppins probably said it best in that -- you can use that IP, but display it in ways that haven't been seen before, be unique with it, and that will help the project as a whole.

And thanks! I'm really looking forward to drawing some concept art for the Boston area. I'm sure you have a busy schedule and I know you have personal imagineering commitments (just saw you posted the IoA update on your blog on the 10th!) -- but once we come to a consensus on the attractions and sketched layout...would you be able to make a map of the park?

Your maps are so exquisitely done that it would be the wow factor for readers to reel them into the project and give them a good sense of the park layout! If you have time that is!

Can't promise about how how long it would take, but yeah I could do that! It would probably take a little bit of time depending on how complicated and detailed this ends up being.

Any idea what timetable this project is on? When a lot of it will be finalized?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Can't promise about how how long it would take, but yeah I could do that! It would probably take a little bit of time depending on how complicated and detailed this ends up being.

Any idea what timetable this project is on? When a lot of it will be finalized?
Ah that's awesome -- thank you so much!

As I was telling someone else with all the progress over the last few days I will do a recap post tonight to bring it all together. The project has no definitive timetable that it needs to be complete by, but since everything seems to be flowing nicely the last few days I wouldn't be shocked to see a basic outline of the entire park by this weekend or early next week.

And based on your design style for maps -- the details of @D Hindley 's Tower of Terror for instance, wouldn't need to be complete for the map -- it'd just be a location, so we will try our best to get you as much info as possible so you can plan out with your schedule whenever you have time! Thank you again!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I have rode 3 versions and Paris was my favorite so I was keeping the attraction itself similar to that however that might change because Paris happens to be the only version that has not used any characters from the films. I suppose I could work on some sort of combination or base upon Disneyland. What do you think?
I like this. I think I will work on combining some ideas from all versions and some of my own and make it more original and do my best to feature this music!
I was thinking we could use your backstory you were starting in the previous post -- but include Jack Sparrow on a different adventure than seen in the films. Or have him be a minor character in the ride. I'm only saying this because given the box office success of the films and Jack Sparrow being now synonymous with Pirates of the Caribbean, I could see an average guest wondering why Jack Sparrow isn't there (like Figment not being in Imagination)

Similar to Star Wars Land where we take the characters we know....but put them in a new story/planet/environment...I think we could mess around with a new Pirates plot...which would be different than any Pirates attraction before (trying to stay away from reusing the same tricks from the past)

If we had an epic villain for the attraction -- that could add a layer of depth to it and the darker feel that I enjoy especially in Pirates, but then contrasted with the levity of a Jack Sparrow so it's still family friendly.

StevenU

I was thinking of a rapid ascent.
This would be fast. Not carnival style. That was just the example.
If both sides of that contraption move at the same speed, then you'd have a rapid ascent and descent! I like it!
Yes I was thinking somehow you could have each side go up and down fast, then slow down when the floors reach the top and bottom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom