Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Frontierland Map (Critter Country is Splash/Country Bear but can have more later on @DlpPhantom @Brer Oswald ) .... Thoughts?

2017-04-18.png

Ok so -- goal for today!

This is amazing...love the layout...I'm going to try and combine this with @D Hindley 's Pacific Wharf to see what kinda of overview we have!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Crazy idea.... What if we connected your Tower of Terror to Frontierland in some measure? :eek:

I know in the DisneySea version of tower, Hightower steals the cursed idol. What if Your Tower of Terror character steals from a mine in Frontierland and curses the tower and in place also causes trouble in Frontierland?

Just a thought to make a good story flow between both areas.:bookworm:

Another thought Storywise....

If we connect the ToT story to Geyser Mountain, we could have a SEA outpost transition into Adventureland as well! :D

D Hulk

Crazy idea.... What if we connected your Tower of Terror to Frontierland in some measure? :eek:

I know in the DisneySea version of tower, Hightower steals the cursed idol. What if Your Tower of Terror character steals from a mine in Frontierland and curses the tower and in place also causes trouble in Frontierland?

Just a thought to make a good story flow between both areas.:bookworm:
Absolutely agreed that story should flow between the areas, and your proposal (TOT's William Barbary steals sacred gold from a Frontierland mine) absolutely does that.

The real-life Winchester story in my proposed version of TOT also ties in nicely with the Old West (I think), though with maybe more violence than Disney likes. The Winchester rifle was "the gun that won the West," basically by killing many, many people. The ghosts at Pacific Wharf's Tower of Terror (and the real world Winchester Mystery House) are of those slain by these rifles. So dotting Winchester/Barbary company merchandise throughout Frontierland is another option. Heck, like the East India Trading Co., Barbary Inc. could be a horizontally-integrated "super company" throughout the West.

Hmm, Geyser Mountain idea just popped up! Perhaps Barbary could be both a thief (like DisneySea's Hightower) and a death merchant! Tie TOT in with many aspects of Frontierland!

D Hulk

As for the Frontierland map, @MonorailRed, I like it. I love Splash on the island! Seems you've already accommodated connecting the waterways with Pacific Wharf, maybe with big boats traveling along.

I think maybe WRE and Geyser Mountain could flip places. (BTW, I take it Geyser Mountain is largely subbing in for Big Thunder?) WRE, like POTC, needs a massive show building, possibly behind the berm (a railroad trestle along its facade could be really awesome!). Geyser Mountain is then the entry weenie, and WRE the weenie drawing guests further to the back.

JackWatkinson

upload_2017-4-18_16-14-6.png

As you can see my art is amazing :) This is the best I could do. Blue is water. I would try and see the land surrounded by water if possible- Adventure Island?- The numbers represent each land and you would access each land by taking a boat ride with each boat path marked in yellow and would travel through a dark jungle whilst slowly introducing the theme of the area. This is all i've got. Thoughts?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
View attachment 200058
As you can see my art is amazing :) This is the best I could do. Blue is water. I would try and see the land surrounded by water if possible- Adventure Island?- The numbers represent each land and you would access each land by taking a boat ride with each boat path marked in yellow and would travel through a dark jungle whilst slowly introducing the theme of the area. This is all i've got. Thoughts?
Nice job!

I could see this working in -- and I'll try to add it now as I combine Pacific Wharf, Frontierland, and now Adventureland!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As for the Frontierland map, @MonorailRed, I like it. I love Splash on the island! Seems you've already accommodated connecting the waterways with Pacific Wharf, maybe with big boats traveling along.

I think maybe WRE and Geyser Mountain could flip places. (BTW, I take it Geyser Mountain is largely subbing in for Big Thunder?) WRE, like POTC, needs a massive show building, possibly behind the berm (a railroad trestle along its facade could be really awesome!). Geyser Mountain is then the entry weenie, and WRE the weenie drawing guests further to the back.
Basically I'm seeing the left side of the park all connected by water -- which will really look amazing from a visual standpoint once we get everything in order.

The only thing that has me considering leaving WRE in its location is due to its connection to Critter Country (the armadillo, singing animals, etc) which would be a nice transition into and out of Critter.

I love Splash on the island too!

I'm not entirely sure what Geyser Mountain will be (I'm assuming a bit different to go along with our themes of originality) but maybe @MonorailRed can clarify!

MonorailRed

Applebees

I'm not entirely sure what Geyser Mountain will be (I'm assuming a bit different to go along with our themes of originality) but maybe @MonorailRed can clarify!

My thought process for Frontierland was kind of a prequel to National Parks era Frontier. So somewhere within the Timeline of Pacific Wharf.

Western River Expedition - Suspended Dark Ride - https://carouselofprojects.wixsite....017/03/11/A-Western-River-Expedition-Revivial

Tall Tales Mountain - More Disney Tall Tales theme of a Mine Train level coaster....

____'s River Rafts - Water/Outdoor version of Crush's coaster. Hopefully featuring scenery/animals from True life adventures or maybe go in search for a lost buffalo heard.
2017-04-18.png

Davy Crockett Canoes - Similar to DLR

Geyser Mountain (Adventureland Transition) - Big Thunder/Journey to the Center of the Earth/Dinosaur Hybrid. A Dinosaur Excavation team in South Dakota goes deep into the earth to uncover real dinosaurs living under the sediments of Geyser Mountain.

Railroad Scene #1 (Pacific Warf) - New take on Native American Scene in WRE original concept... Maybe telling a legend?
2017-04-18.png

Railroad Scene #2 (Frontier/Adventureland) - Dinosaurs from DLR

Timber Peak - Quick Service

Last edited:

OvertheHorizon

Very nice attraction so far! I could see this being in Progressland. @OvertheHorizon did you want to have an ascent where you speed up through several floors to add thrill to the attraction?
Yes, @StevenU we've been discussing the inclusion of a "speed lift", as you said for an added thrill, to take trackless ride vehicles up six or seven stories near the middle of the ride (think the way the elevator system in the Tower of Terror bounces you up before dropping you). We've also been talking that the speed lift could represent the spot where future vision goes from an "achievable future" (that which we can see based on current advances in technology) to a more far out vision of the future that might look ahead a century.

Ideas are welcome.

StevenU

Yes, @StevenU we've been discussing the inclusion of a "speed lift", as you said for an added thrill, to take trackless ride vehicles up six or seven stories near the middle of the ride (think the way the elevator system in the Tower of Terror bounces you up before dropping you). We've also been talking that the speed lift could represent the spot where future vision goes from an "achievable future" (that which we can see based on current advances in technology) to a more far out vision of the future that might look ahead a century.

Ideas are welcome.
Ooo so would it be like the trackless vehicles go onto a platform that then elevates up all the floors? They would have to lock in but maybe it could be a conveyer belt where several floors are rotated through
Carnival-Rides-62.jpg

I don't know if I'm describing it right. But imagine this standing vertical with flat floors rotating through the scenes. The floors ascend and descend quickly and then slow down at the top and the bottom so the ride vehicles can go on and off. Does that make sense?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ooo so would it be like the trackless vehicles go onto a platform that then elevates up all the floors? They would have to lock in but maybe it could be a conveyer belt where several floors are rotated through
Carnival-Rides-62.jpg

I don't know if I'm describing it right. But imagine this standing vertical with flat floors rotating through the scenes. The floors ascend and descend quickly and then slow down at the top and the bottom so the ride vehicles can go on and off. Does that make sense?
That is a really inventive idea!

JackWatkinson

More bad art from me anyone?
upload_2017-4-18_19-1-33.png

I'll just keep adding more ideas as I think of them. Red is a bridge to enter the land. AC is Arabian Coast. LC is Lost Coast (South America). TI is Tiki island. IT is Isla Tortuga. FT is room for possible future expansion. I thought it would be more unique if the only way to enter the areas was with the boat and like before those paths are marked in yellow. In the middle of the river I was playing with the idea of having a cliff/ mountain-
150206173430-romantic-south-pacific-yasawa-aerial-super-169.jpg

Looking like this with rivers flowing through the middle. Obviously the rest of the island would look a bit different to this but giving it a similar look would be along the lines of what type of look i'm trying to achieve.

Lost Coast- With stories of the Aztec, Inca, and Maya civilizations, a South America land. With Mayan temples, cities of gold, Peru’s Machu Picchu, and the ornate European towns constructed by the arriving Spanish. Cities of Gold would be heavily inspired by the myth of City Of The Caesars.
machu-picchu-ciudadela.jpg

Lamanai.jpg

raging_spirits_1.preview-590x394.jpg

Tiki Island- A theme suggested by @D Hindley and inspired by artwork from @Tom Thordarson. Toms great art-
m6SXtVG1ONG-3w2BwCE3KCeLtZ1LF020sZxUg8lKFKA_aojAr6G_uZqJhjRKW-n_dpVu7YDEaexKTmLyPtAaAh4_grande.jpg

Mai-Tai-at-the-Moai-Art_Thor_grande.jpg

Arabian Coast- Yes, it's the name from DisneySea and if anyone has any other names that fit the theme I would be very willing to change ( like I would if you think it is necessary or have some good ideas for any other part of the land). This land is inspired by Agrabah and recreates an exotic Arabian harbour. Doing my best to keep the land unique I would change this land if you feel it is not original enough (which i'm not sure it is).
37952040-Tokyo-Japan-May-29-2013-Arabian-Coast-is-an-exotic-Arabian-harbor-combined-with-an-enchanted-world-f-Stock-Photo.jpg

Isla Tortuga- Inspired by the concept art of old, Isla Tortuga is the pirate themed area of the park.
pirate%20land%20hkdl.preview-590x185.jpg

RIght so thats what I have figured out so far. Like I mentioned this page is for discussion so obviously all your ideas are wanted to help make this land better. Thoughts on Arabian Coast? Thoughts on the land overall?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
More bad art from me anyone?
View attachment 200070
I'll just keep adding more ideas as I think of them. Red is a bridge to enter the land. AC is Arabian Coast. LC is Lost Coast (South America). TI is Tiki island. IT is Isla Tortuga. FT is room for possible future expansion. I thought it would be more unique if the only way to enter the areas was with the boat and like before those paths are marked in yellow. In the middle of the river I was playing with the idea of having a cliff/ mountain-
150206173430-romantic-south-pacific-yasawa-aerial-super-169.jpg

Looking like this with rivers flowing through the middle. Obviously the rest of the island would look a bit different to this but giving it a similar look would be along the lines of what type of look i'm trying to achieve.

Lost Coast- With stories of the Aztec, Inca, and Maya civilizations, a South America land. With Mayan temples, cities of gold, Peru’s Machu Picchu, and the ornate European towns constructed by the arriving Spanish. Cities of Gold would be heavily inspired by the myth of City Of The Caesars.
machu-picchu-ciudadela.jpg

Lamanai.jpg

raging_spirits_1.preview-590x394.jpg

Tiki Island- A theme suggested by @D Hindley and inspired by artwork from @Tom Thordarson. Toms great art-
m6SXtVG1ONG-3w2BwCE3KCeLtZ1LF020sZxUg8lKFKA_aojAr6G_uZqJhjRKW-n_dpVu7YDEaexKTmLyPtAaAh4_grande.jpg

Mai-Tai-at-the-Moai-Art_Thor_grande.jpg

Arabian Coast- Yes, it's the name from DisneySea and if anyone has any other names that fit the theme I would be very willing to change ( like I would if you think it is necessary or have some good ideas for any other part of the land). This land is inspired by Agrabah and recreates an exotic Arabian harbour. Doing my best to keep the land unique I would change this land if you feel it is not original enough (which i'm not sure it is).
37952040-Tokyo-Japan-May-29-2013-Arabian-Coast-is-an-exotic-Arabian-harbor-combined-with-an-enchanted-world-f-Stock-Photo.jpg

Isla Tortuga- Inspired by the concept art of old, Isla Tortuga is the pirate themed area of the park.
pirate%20land%20hkdl.preview-590x185.jpg

RIght so thats what I have figured out so far. Like I mentioned this page is for discussion so obviously all your ideas are wanted to help make this land better. Thoughts on Arabian Coast? Thoughts on the land overall?
Nice! One suggestion i would make is to flip Tiki Island and any polynesia inspired lands to the right side...because that will merge with Neverland in Fantasyland creating an awesome transition!

OvertheHorizon

Carnival-Rides-62.jpg

I was thinking of a rapid ascent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom