Club 32 Lounge

kmbmw777

Thank you!

I was giving some in-depth thinking to a location for this park -- while it may have been used before I think it would actually make sense.

Sydney, Australia

Pros:
- English speaking nation (for simply creative purposes, so that we don't have to have foreign language sub-titles under everything)
- Business Hub
- Close(ish) proximity to major population nations of Indonesia, Thailand, China, Japan, South Korea
- Allows expansion of Disney Cruise Line from Sydney Harbor to New Zealand and other nations
- Unique location
- Fair weather

Cons:
- Distance/travel time.
- Smaller local population compared to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo

For me it had the best Pro/Con ratio

If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free!
I'm assuming realism is going to be factored in, so no Matrix location. However, I think that Sydney Australia is by far the best option to start compared to others (Dubai (Middle Eastern tensions), Brazil (Questionable Crime rate), Russia (Tensions...))

The only other country I would like to consider is Greece. The Greek Islands are reasonably distanced from Paris. The country is in financial debt so they would be desperate in working with Disney to make this project happen. Also, could have a Mediterranean port, and the country has fair weather. Also the country has an epic history which could be easily integrated somehow.

JackWatkinson

Thank you!

I was giving some in-depth thinking to a location for this park -- while it may have been used before I think it would actually make sense.

Sydney, Australia

Pros:
- English speaking nation (for simply creative purposes, so that we don't have to have foreign language sub-titles under everything)
- Business Hub
- Close(ish) proximity to major population nations of Indonesia, Thailand, China, Japan, South Korea
- Allows expansion of Disney Cruise Line from Sydney Harbor to New Zealand and other nations
- Unique location
- Fair weather

Cons:
- Distance/travel time.
- Smaller local population compared to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo

For me it had the best Pro/Con ratio

If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free!
Good choice! I gave this a little bit of thought my only other option would be Singapore but I have pretty much ruled that out due to the small population not enough to support a Disney resort and is a 2-3 hour flight to Hong Kong so Sydney is a good choice in my opinion!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Good choice! I gave this a little bit of thought my only other option would be Singapore but I have pretty much ruled that out due to the small population not enough to support a Disney resort and is a 2-3 hour flight to Hong Kong so Sydney is a good choice in my opinion!
Ahh Disney Sydney. Man I'm going old school to my Disney unity park for my Australia park. And my downtown Disney with the dock for Disney cruise ships. Man. I need to revive some of those ideas.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Looking at Google Earth

Tokyo Disneyland perimeter is 3.76 miles -- I found a plot of land north of Sydney that has 4.28 (minus a few small homes but ..eminent domain :p) That may be a good spot right on the Pacific Ocean -- which would allow you to install a DCL dock as well -- and would provide amazing views of the ocean.

Plus it would be just up the road from Sydney and the airport to the south. I know @LSCreative is from Australia and maybe he can help manage the intricacies of the area as we get more in depth with it!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Looking at Google Earth

Tokyo Disneyland perimeter is 3.76 miles -- I found a plot of land north of Sydney that has 4.28 (minus a few small homes but ..eminent domain :p) That may be a good spot right on the Pacific Ocean -- which would allow you to install a DCL dock as well -- and would provide amazing views of the ocean.

Plus it would be just up the road from Sydney and the airport to the south. I know @LSCreative is from Australia and maybe he can help manage the intricacies of the area as we get more in depth with it!
Oh and by Tokyo Disneyland -- I meant the resort as a whole (Disneyland, DisneySEA, resorts, etc) is 3.76 miles along its perimeter.

Having 4.28 mile perimeter would allow us expansion space after this park.

kmbmw777

Looking at Google Earth

If we choose Sydney check out this read:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/walt-disney-company-proposed-a-disney-resort-in-sydney-20140111-30nfk.html
The original site is where Imagineerland built his Disney resort Sydney, near the Opera House

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If we choose Sydney check out this read:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/walt-disney-company-proposed-a-disney-resort-in-sydney-20140111-30nfk.html
The original site is where Imagineerland built his Disney resort Sydney, near the Opera House
disneyinsydney.jpg

Am I seeing things or is this a really small area for a theme park lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom