Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I feel the same! But it's exciting because there are so many good ideas.

So I guess World's Fair is being scrapped?
Just re-organizing some stuff based on the feedback Tom gave us to be more "original" and creative.

The spirit of the World's Fair will still be an area (actually the name Progressland is taken from the World's Fair) and that land will be heavily inspired by it. If you'd still like to take the sub-lead on that or need help I'd be glad to assist.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Just re-organizing some stuff based on the feedback Tom gave us to be more "original" and creative.

The spirit of the World's Fair will still be an area (actually the name Progressland is taken from the World's Fair) and that land will be heavily inspired by it. If you'd still like to take the sub-lead on that or need help I'd be glad to assist.
Bingo the plan is to adapt many of the ideas for worlds fair into progresscity

StevenU

Also I'm sorry I forgot to add you in -- are you okay with the resort being located in Sydney, Australia?
Yes! I'm good with it. For Progressland if the theme park is on the water like it seems it will be, a Horizons ride where the finale you look out onto the horizon of the ocean to show that the world is your ocean. Bring the spirit of progress together.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Yes! I'm good with it. For Progressland if the theme park is on the water like it seems it will be, a Horizons ride where the finale you look out onto the horizon of the ocean to show that the world is your ocean. Bring the spirit of progress together.
Nice idea!

And sounds good. I'm sure we will work the water element into the resort a lot! Being located by one of the most famous harbors in the world we'd be foolish not to!

Voxel

Maybe jet pack/horizon mixed style ride that takes you through the wanders of tomorrow with a final scene over the ocean. I love the symbology of the ocean.

Voxel

The ideas for the 4 lands-Tiki,South America,Agrabah and Pirates- all seem to be a good fit for a coastal/ocean theme. Thoughts?
Interesting. If down right could work. But keep in mind the layout of the water ways and sight lines. If you have to consolidate that's okay. Iterate and iterate with the style and design and see what is best ;)

Voxel

To be honest I have not done much thinking yet but it's definitely something I will keep in mind.
:) nothing wrong with that. Like I said play with the idea. Sea what you can do and how it might work. You might realize there is no way to blend Arab architecture but there is enough similarities with pirate tiki and south that it works. Just gotta sketch it out, draw and see what might work

JackWatkinson

:) nothing wrong with that. Like I said play with the idea. Sea what you can do and how it might work. You might realize there is no way to blend Arab architecture but there is enough similarities with pirate tiki and south that it works. Just gotta sketch it out, draw and see what might work
I will do! I think I need to see how I could smoothly transition from area to area and find a mix that works. Thanks for the help, it was probably needed to help get me started :)

mickeyfan5534

Why does this happen? As bizarre as it may sound...the transition from a turn of the century Main Street to a Castle setting is deliberate and flows progressively...but a turn of the century Main Street to Fantasia Gardens? How does that flow?
What about a subtle progression of real to classy whimsical? Or extend the classy whimsical theme all the way through the street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom