Club 32 Lounge

kmbmw777

My few hesitations to this would be

a) Imagineerland already did it
b) most importantly -- our park would have to confine to those specific orientations (unless you just start building into the harbor) as of now -- our park looks different.
c) little expansion room
I agree. I was by no means saying to build it there, but I thought it could be valuable to know.

Also, I think the world would love a space v voxel debate. ;)

Voxel

President of Progress City
@spacemt354 @Voxel
would you guys like to take on that prompt?
I might. I'm gonna see if space is going too.

@spacemt354 I present Space Base Delta:
image4.JPG

Voxel

Okay so there are three entrances to Space Base Delta: 2 are 'Attractions' and one is a standard sliding door.
Space Base Delta is in Geostationary Orbit over this resort.

image1.JPG

Rocket to Space is the first of such attractions, based on the chambers used for Rocket to the Moon and Alien Encounter, this ride into space is full of interesting antics of the captain.

The next option is the space elevator that is depicted below, thinks Hydrolator with high tech/real time projection technology to show the guest rising above the Disney Park to Space Base Delta.
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Finally we have the ride vehicle for the un-named space ride which is basically a spaceship guest get into and explore the out reaches of space. It runs over a over head rail and features a hydraulic system to pitch the ride in multiple directions.
image5.JPG

Attachments

• image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 33

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Okay so there are three entrances to Space Base Delta: 2 are 'Attractions' and one is a standard sliding door.

View attachment 199948
Rocket to Space is the first of such attractions, based on the chambers used for Rocket to the Moon and Alien Encounter, this ride into space is full of interesting antics of the captain.

The next option is the space elevator that is depicted below, thinks Hydrolator with high tech/real time projection technology to show the guest rising above the Disney Park to Space Base Delta.
View attachment 199949 View attachment 199950

Finally we have the ride vehicle for the un-named space ride which is basically a spaceship guest get into and explore the out reaches of space. It runs over a over head rail and features a hydraulic system to pitch the ride in multiple directions.
View attachment 199952
Reaction:

*insert new Kendrick Lamar album title*

MonorailRed

Applebees
Yeah just hold on to your horses lol -- once we have the basic storyline and placement for the land -- then we can start making the individual threads which will hone the brainstorming and make sure its productive and not counterproductive throwing out ideas that go against the established outline.

Sounds Good!

Thank you!

I was giving some in-depth thinking to a location for this park -- while it may have been used before I think it would actually make sense.

Sydney, Australia

Pros:
- English speaking nation (for simply creative purposes, so that we don't have to have foreign language sub-titles under everything)
- Business Hub
- Close(ish) proximity to major population nations of Indonesia, Thailand, China, Japan, South Korea
- Allows expansion of Disney Cruise Line from Sydney Harbor to New Zealand and other nations
- Unique location
- Fair weather

Cons:
- Distance/travel time.
- Smaller local population compared to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo

For me it had the best Pro/Con ratio

If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free!

I'm assuming realism is going to be factored in, so no Matrix location. However, I think that Sydney Australia is by far the best option to start compared to others (Dubai (Middle Eastern tensions), Brazil (Questionable Crime rate), Russia (Tensions...))

The only other country I would like to consider is Greece. The Greek Islands are reasonably distanced from Paris. The country is in financial debt so they would be desperate in working with Disney to make this project happen. Also, could have a Mediterranean port, and the country has fair weather. Also the country has an epic history which could be easily integrated somehow.

Though I love the Greek Islands idea, but with the financial debt going on I think Australia is my pick. Plus, then we don't have to deal with language differences like Paris :bookworm:

If you go that route we have to build the docks in view of the castles. Ie advertisement videos for the cruise line will show the castle in the background. Thick about how bad a that will be

That would be such a fun art piece to work on :eek::D

My few hesitations to this would be

a) Imagineerland already did it
b) most importantly -- our park would have to confine to those specific orientations (unless you just start building into the harbor) as of now -- our park looks different.
c) little expansion room

I Agree with Space on this one..... It'd be cool to work with a little mo
I might. I'm gonna see if space is going too.

@spacemt354 I present Space Base Delta:
View attachment 199947

View attachment 199948

View attachment 199952

AMAZING work Vox!! I love the Space Base Delta concept!

Suchomimus

View attachment 199948

View attachment 199952
giphy.gif

Voxel

Sounds Good!

Though I love the Greek Islands idea, but with the financial debt going on I think Australia is my pick. Plus, then we don't have to deal with language differences like Paris :bookworm:

That would be such a fun art piece to work on :eek::D

I Agree with Space on this one..... It'd be cool to work with a little mo

AMAZING work Vox!! I love the Space Base Delta concept!
Yes :D:D It's really good!
I've been playing with this idea for months, trying to find a great way to implement it. I even had the logic of what happens when a window ('display') goes dark in the space station. lol

Imagineerland

Ok I'll comment about the location debate first.

I fully agree with the choice for Sydney, based on your reasons and the reasons I picked it for my project.

But definitely don't use the same site I used. Way too small for the ambition you all are going for. I chose it intentionally as an exercise in limitation and adapting to site conditions, and it definitely ended up being a huge challenge to the point that I don't think my result is actually possible. So find something larger outside of the city.

But I think it is the perfect city for a project based on geographic distance from existing parks and world density. It may not be a huge 4 park resort market, but I could believe a moderate 2 park resort, like Hong Kong will eventually become. So I vote you go with that.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ok I'll comment about the location debate first.

I fully agree with the choice for Sydney, based on your reasons and the reasons I picked it for my project.

But definitely don't use the same site I used. Way too small for the ambition you all are going for. I chose it intentionally as an exercise in limitation and adapting to site conditions, and it definitely ended up being a huge challenge to the point that I don't think my result is actually possible. So find something larger outside of the city.

But I think it is the perfect city for a project based on geographic distance from existing parks and world density. It may not be a huge 4 park resort market, but I could believe a moderate 2 park resort, like Hong Kong will eventually become. So I vote you go with that.
Thank you for the response!

I'd like to hear from @D Hindley as well just to confirm and @Brer Oswald being the other sub-leads for the park lands. Once everyone is on the same page then we can press forward with the specifics.

I definitely agree in that a moderate 2 park resort would fit very well there (similar to Hong Kong like you mentioned)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom