Club 32 Lounge

D Hulk

8753984848726971709%253Faccount_id%253D9

Ok so go with me a minute here...Carolwood (Frontierland) and Polynesia (Adventureland) kinda got messed up. Since @D Hindley had brought up the concept of Tom Sawyer Island being a Walt classic...I tried to make both lands part of a "mega" Tom Saywer Island...but I realized then it would be tough...so ignore that for now haha

The bolded lines and labels are ideas I'm comfortable with

Starting in a romanticized colonial era -- you walk down the Colonial Street (with a few side streets as well to truly envelope you in the area) but all roads lead to the Harbor.

The Harbor is the "hub" of the park -- and contains the mouth of the bodies of water throughout the park.

Walking over the bridge to the bottom left, you walk into the Pacific Wharf/American Wharf -- themed to old San Francisco -- the trainsition here would be similar to crossing America's Great Rivers. I'm thinking even a small Tom Saywer Island or Mark Twain inspired ship could be a good gateway transition to the American West from Boston.

Going clockwise from the Wharf entry, we have our 2nd bridge -- and this one would lead directly into the "past" (parallel to the opposite side in the "future" entrance)

This would be the entrance to Carolwood/Frontierland -- and old fashioned romanticized desert/cowboy town (inspired by Western River Expedition most likely)

The next entrance is straight from the harbor -- and that enters Old England. The castle appearing in front of you, and to facilitate more of what Tom was talking about -- I simplified "Storybookland"/Fantasyland into 3 areas

He said that we should have more "fantasy" elements into the land -- so I think the Canals, Neverland, and Wonderland should be basically the entire back portion of the land.

Neverland would also seamlessly flow into "Polynesia"/Adventureland in the back left portion of the park
5a0860c5cf2df9f89eeb50448164006c.jpg

Storybookland creates that whimsical/fantasy perspective...and Wonderland can be completely interactive and immersive.

Off of that would be Villains Land - whose castle can be seen from parts of the land, acting as a weenie.

Based on the map -- I also have guests walking under train bridges in order to get to Neverland, Wonderland, or Villains -- which will all be connected beyond the brim, but creates a more significant transition walking under a bridge than just entering the land from Old England. It's basically like the Storybook Canals open up the imagination -- and you walk further to see that childlike imagination (and nightmares (villains)) come to life!

Off of Mr. Toad/Mary Poppins, would be the "Hundred Acre Wood" -- and a Critter Country Mini-Land with Country Bears and Splash -- which would flow behind the show buildings for Toad and MP -- inspired by the American "south" -- which would transition into the Mississippi and Mark Twain, which you cross in order to reach the Wharf in the bottom left -- and the American Southwest (Carolwood/Western River) if guests decide to make a turn.

On the right side of Fantasyland we have the "forest" which is always on the outskirts of old england towns...that's where BatB is -- which transitions into the Wonderland forest.

Then on the right side I trust Vox's vision -- so I just have Tomorrowland and Progressland/World's Fair

-------------

I'm sorry it's a bit stream of consciousness -- but hopefully some of this makes sense lol Let me know what you think!
Very strong work reimagining things so far. Would be curious to hear what Tom thinks.

Some initial ideas which might impact layout. For Colonial Street, could there be arcades or side streets such as in Paris? They would add immeasurably to the land's depth, and help alleviate congestion during fireworks and such.

And what's the plan for the Rivers of America (or equivalent waterway) to likely connect Pacific Wharf, Frontierland and Critter Country? This is likely going to sizeably impact ideas for all these lands. Like, how does Big Thunder relate to the rivers? Could Splash Mountian be out on an island this time, like Paris' Thunder? What of our Tom Sawyer equivalent? And how to hide more modern Pacific Wharf from Frontierland? @MonorailRed, would like to work with you on connecting Frontierland with Pacific Wharf (which I'm sub-heading).

For Pacific Wharf (San Francisco) I can imagine a number of islands. Transitioning from Colonial Street, we could use a version of SF's Treasure Island, which relates to local maritime legends. I was also debating a stylized Alcatraz island attraction of some sort, provided that's not too dark a concept. Its backside, facing the rivers and other lands, could all be rocky ocean cliffs - like the crags which would've obscured Tony's Discovery Bay from DL's rivers. Might do some sketches later tonight, just starting discussion for now.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Very strong work reimagining things so far. Would be curious to hear what Tom thinks.

Some initial ideas which might impact layout. For Colonial Street, could there be arcades or side streets such as in Paris? They would add immeasurably to the land's depth, and help alleviate congestion during fireworks and such.

And what's the plan for the Rivers of America (or equivalent waterway) to likely connect Pacific Wharf, Frontierland and Critter Country? This is likely going to sizeably impact ideas for all these lands. Like, how does Big Thunder relate to the rivers? Could Splash Mountian be out on an island this time, like Paris' Thunder? What of our Tom Sawyer equivalent? And how to hide more modern Pacific Wharf from @MonorailRed, would like to work with you on connecting Frontierland with Pacific Wharf (which I'm sub-heading).

For Pacific Wharf (San Francisco) I can imagine a number of islands. Transitioning from Colonial Street, we could use a version of SF's Treasure Island, which relates to local maritime legends. I was also debating a stylized Alcatraz island attraction of some sort, provided that's not too dark a concept. Its backside, facing the rivers and other lands, could all be rocky ocean cliffs - like the crags which would've obscured Tony's Discovery Bay from DL's rivers. Might do some sketches later tonight, just starting discussion for now.
I'm actually working right now on redoing that side of the park so that it's more clear (or at least gives us something to go off of)

I will add these ideas into the sketch -- and look forward to yours tonight!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Actually.... I think I have a pretty cool location idea for this....

@Voxel - World's Fair Location for the 'Crazy Project' of '14?

I'd love to be a sub-lead for Frontierland! Should I make a separate thread for that? :bookworm:
Yeah just hold on to your horses lol -- once we have the basic storyline and placement for the land -- then we can start making the individual threads which will hone the brainstorming and make sure its productive and not counterproductive throwing out ideas that go against the established outline.

JackWatkinson

You got it!

For the record I will be involved anywhere needed so if you need someone for Adventureland I'd volunteer! I'm sure maybe @kap91 has some ideas as well.
Great! I'm not much of an artist whatsoever and couldn't draw to save my life so I would love to see any art work anyone could put together and I would like to hear @kap91 and your ideas as well!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

And what's the plan for the Rivers of America (or equivalent waterway) to likely connect Pacific Wharf, Frontierland and Critter Country? This is likely going to sizeably impact ideas for all these lands. Like, how does Big Thunder relate to the rivers? Could Splash Mountian be out on an island this time, like Paris' Thunder? What of our Tom Sawyer equivalent? And how to hide more modern Pacific Wharf from @MonorailRed, would like to work with you on connecting Frontierland with Pacific Wharf (which I'm sub-heading).

So for the Wharf I have it shaped like a downward facing peninsula because that seems to be how San Fran is shaped. Then off of the mainlaind, I have Alcatraz Island -- do you want to have rafts traveling to it? Or could the attraction begin in the mainland, and travel under the water to the Island similar to Big Thunder? Or have you not gotten that far? haha

Voxel

President of Progress City
Hey space I'm working on a mini transitional space that's part of progresscity and tomorrowand that I'm affectionately calling SpaceBase Detla (delta is for Disney). I have a bunch of images to upload later tonight that showcase what I'm thinking.

kmbmw777

Love what I've read! Space, you are doing an incredible job of leading us to build a great park.

I guess my big question is - What next?
As SWYTBAI comes to a close (3 projects left), I will be able to participate more here, and I definitely would be happy to!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Love what I've read! Space, you are doing an incredible job of leading us to build a great park.

I guess my big question is - What next?
As SWYTBAI comes to a close (3 projects left), I will be able to participate more here, and I definitely would be happy to!
Thank you!

I was giving some in-depth thinking to a location for this park -- while it may have been used before I think it would actually make sense.

Sydney, Australia

Pros:
- English speaking nation (for simply creative purposes, so that we don't have to have foreign language sub-titles under everything)
- Business Hub
- Close(ish) proximity to major population nations of Indonesia, Thailand, China, Japan, South Korea
- Allows expansion of Disney Cruise Line from Sydney Harbor to New Zealand and other nations
- Unique location
- Fair weather

Cons:
- Distance/travel time.
- Smaller local population compared to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo

For me it had the best Pro/Con ratio

If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom