Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Could I propose that for our new resort, we could have an animation/fantasy based park, a wilderness/adventure based park, and a futuristic fair/city based park? Essentially it would still cover the types of ideas we already had, but it gives room for even more expansion, and a cohesive story that would fit the whole park, instead of a bunch of separate ones.
To get slightly back on the topic -- I completely missed this and before I got back will comment that this is a cool idea -- my one hesitation with this (which isn't your fault this was before you came over here) is that we just did a massive project like this last year in WDW 1966
haha with each park taking a Magic Kingdom theme and becoming an actual park.

But great minds think alike!

I'm almost wondering if we can merge a bit of what @D Hindley was talking about -- with different styles of classic lands, with a bit of Tokyo Disney SEA.

However the main goal we should look at is -- what do we want this park to accomplish. If we go the route of designing a new Disney Resort Complex...what do we want this first park we tackle to entice the guests with. What's our overall scope.:bookworm:

JackWatkinson

To get slightly back on the topic -- I completely missed this and before I got back will comment that this is a cool idea -- my one hesitation with this (which isn't your fault this was before you came over here) is that we just did a massive project like this last year in WDW 1966
haha with each park taking a Magic Kingdom theme and becoming an actual park.

But great minds think alike!

I'm almost wondering if we can merge a bit of what @D Hindley was talking about -- with different styles of classic lands, with a bit of Tokyo Disney SEA.

However the main goal we should look at is -- what do we want this park to accomplish. If we go the route of designing a new Disney Resort Complex...what do we want this first park we tackle to entice the guests with. What's our overall scope.:bookworm:
I propose LucasLand an entire park themed around all those star wars movies and videogames we spent our childhood playing haha!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
To me -- Disneyland represents quaintness, cleanliness, and charm. Any staple Disney park regardless of whether or not it's a castle park -- I think this is a hallmark of an original park in a complex.

Meaning if we decide for some reason to ax the castle in favor of another vision -- I still think our goal should be to transport people into lands of charm and tranquility...with the second park in the complex dealing more large scale, grand, and epic in comparison...(for example MK vs Epcot Center, Tokyo Disneyland vs Tokyo DisneySEA)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I propose LucasLand an entire park themed around all those star wars movies and videogames we spent our childhood playing haha!
Haha just a straight up Star Wars park
9HOidMU.jpg

kmbmw777

Or -- we could also decide on a specific location in the world...and design a new resort from scratch (whether it be in Brazil, Australia, etc) which could also help us hone our vision.
Disneyland Atlantis

After discovering the Lost Continent Underwater, Disney representatives decided to do the logical thing - introduce earth culture to them by building a mega theme park.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Alrighty so the Easter festivities have ended -- going off of our talks before I'm just going to sketch out a few options for park layout, each one different than the next...and we can decide what we like best, or tweak from the examples given.
I wanna draw!!
What's everyone drawing?

Can I draw something?!
PLEASE! maybe. I need something to doddle with at work, LOL.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Perfect. Just tell me what is in the park or the inspiration for the park
So this was the first version we had
33090186763_f984a2b4e2_b.jpg

(Land Unknown = American Wharf which is an old fashioned San Francisco inspired land.)

Basically what I'm going to do is try and organize this around in different formats, and add in a few things that we've discussed recently (like World's Fair as the Main Street, small world as the castle, and some of my own ideas) so that we have a lot of options to bring together and discuss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom