Club 32 Lounge

StevenU

If you have some initial thoughts -- you can post it to the Worlds Fair/Tomorrowland/Discoveryland thread!

We may or may not keep that one depending on how organized it is (when originally made it followed the "this is the brainstorming thread" trajectory with no vision other than the idea itself) so I think it would be helpful to everyone involved if we started off with the concrete vision, make the thread with that vision at the top, then work from there designing it.
Posted!

kmbmw777

Going with the idea of revolutionary -

WHAT IF - no Entrance Land in which everyone flows through.
Guests enter the park through tunnels underneath and come up in Fantasia Gardens through massive elevators and/or stairs. Then right from the beginning it is a Choose Your Own Adventure and no guest has the same experience.
or instead of underground, boats can flow in through a river and deposit guests in the middle. Or both.

D Hulk

ALTERNATE PARK-WIDE CONCEPT

Since we are in wild brainstorming mode, I thought I'd toss out another crazed idea, one which actually goes against many of the directions we might now be headed, but still preserves the castle, Fantasyland, Fantasia Gardens and Villains Land, at the very least.

Proposal: Since Fantasia Castle is the central park icon...what if the entire park related more directly back to the castle, and it all took place in that castle's "universe?" (Like how Paris' Frontierland has an overarching narrative to connect Big Thunder, Phantom Manor and the entire town.)

So the whole park has a sort of medieval/Renaissance high fantasy setting, with updated versions of all the classic "castle park" lands to reflect this. So Fantasyland becomes Fantasialand. Tomorrowland becomes, say, Cloudcuckooland, based on futuristic concepts of Da Vinci's time (in the manner of Fortress Explorations), all magnets and clockwork and alchemy. Frontierland becomes Explorationland, examining the New World from an Age of Exploration standpoint. Critter Country becomes Beastlie Countrie - imagine a Splash Mountain with unicorns, griffins and basilisks! The idea is still percolating - I have no permanent idea yet for Adventureland, and I could already write pages on the new Utopian version of Main Street and Yensid's castle backstory - so I'll just toss it out there right now.

Granted we can't use futuristic sci-fi, the World's Fair, or most IPs, but it's brainstorming! Going bold, as Tom proposed.

JackWatkinson

I mean I like Star Wars :) Any plans for that? Just asking whilst sat watching the closing ceremony on the Galaxy stage here at celebration. In terms of a land I don't no where my ideas would fit best.
Wow. Its all over now and I can concentrate on this again. I met Rian Johnson and Daisy Ridley and saw George Lucas and Harrison Ford on stage. I saw the Disney Parks panel and Mark Hamils tribute to Carrie Fisher was brilliant. The Last Jedi panel was great but seeing John Williams live was my highlight however its over till 2019 so I can work on this :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Since we are in wild brainstorming mode, I thought I'd toss out another crazed idea, one which actually goes against many of the directions we might now be headed, but still preserves the castle, Fantasyland, Fantasia Gardens and Villains Land, at the very least.

Proposal: Since Fantasia Castle is the central park icon...what if the entire park related more directly back to the castle, and it all took place in that castle's "universe?" (Like how Paris' Frontierland has an overarching narrative to connect Big Thunder, Phantom Manor and the entire town.)

So the whole park has a sort of medieval/Renaissance high fantasy setting, with updated versions of all the classic "castle park" lands to reflect this. So Fantasyland becomes Fantasialand. Tomorrowland becomes, say, Cloudcuckooland, based on futuristic concepts of Da Vinci's time (in the manner of Fortress Explorations), all magnets and clockwork and alchemy. Frontierland becomes Explorationland, examining the New World from an Age of Exploration standpoint. Critter Country becomes Beastlie Countrie - imagine a Splash Mountain with unicorns, griffins and basilisks! The idea is still percolating - I have no permanent idea yet for Adventureland, and I could already write pages on the new Utopian version of Main Street and Yensid's castle backstory - so I'll just toss it out there right now.

Granted we can't use futuristic sci-fi, the World's Fair, or most IPs, but it's brainstorming! Going bold, as Tom proposed.
Even nuttier idea (which I mostly say in jest because I know we've done a lot of work on Fantasyland and this proposal would throw most of it out the window....BUT

What if this is just the 5th WDW theme park ....or 2nd Shanghai Disneyland park...or just an extension of an already existing resort. It would give us a grounded presence...and location...which could help drive the narrative as everything would have to be original and unique.

We don't have to do this...but just as long as we are throwing it out there...we would be able to keep rides like Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Tangled, Storybook Canals, etc depending on where the new park would be located. I have no qualms with ridding of my own projects but at the same time I don't want to force others to do the same so if so I'd like to be able to keep most of them.

kmbmw777

Or -- we could also decide on a specific location in the world...and design a new resort from scratch (whether it be in Brazil, Australia, etc) which could also help us hone our vision.
hmmmm...

The Nuttiest Idea

Make this park be entirely virtual. Guests hook into their VR experiences from home, and or explore the park. This would be extra fun, because everyone on Earth would be living underground in massive city-like bunkers as the entire world was destroyed in a nuclear war.

Virtual means it can be as blue sky as it gets. ;)

Brer Oswald

latest

Did someone say cloudcuckooland? :p I like these ideas, although the splash one seems a little too much ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
hmmmm...

The Nuttiest Idea

Make this park be entirely virtual. Guests hook into their VR experiences from home, and or explore the park. This would be extra fun, because everyone on Earth would be living underground in massive city-like bunkers as the entire world was destroyed in a nuclear war.

Virtual means it can be as blue sky as it gets. ;)
Ok woah lol -- that's too nutty even for me:hilarious:

JackWatkinson

Or -- we could also decide on a specific location in the world...and design a new resort from scratch (whether it be in Brazil, Australia, etc) which could also help us hone our vision.
To be honest I prefer this instead of building upon an existing resort. With our own we could have a chance to create our own story our own theme that can inspire own own parks and hotels and everything!

Brer Oswald

Could I propose that for our new resort, we could have an animation/fantasy based park, a wilderness/adventure based park, and a futuristic fair/city based park? Essentially it would still cover the types of ideas we already had, but it gives room for even more expansion, and a cohesive story that would fit the whole park, instead of a bunch of separate ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom