Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey all,
I was encouraged to come join here by some fellow former Imagineers to be part of this great group of people. Feel free to contact me under my name on Facebook.
I have had an extensive career with both Disney, Universal and others as a concept design arts and art Director. Favorite accomplishment was the concept and design for "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ride in Tokyo Disney Seas. Here is a blog on my work creating this ride: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/04/tribute-to-tom-thordarson-aka-thor_06.html

It's a pleasure to be part of this gang! Feel free to contact me on Facebook or write me at stareeknight@aol.com.
Magic Wishes! ~~~Tom (THOR)Thordarson
Just wanted to say welcome to the forums to @Tom Thordarson :)

I must say after reading the blog http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/04/tribute-to-tom-thordarson-aka-thor_06.html -- your sketches and designs for Journey to the Center of the Earth are incredible! That ride is on my bucket list for an attraction I want to ride one day.

Anyways -- this thread (and this section of the forum) is a fun group of "armchair" imagineers that enjoy designing concepts together, if you ever wanted to take a look around and chime in. The last few pages offer some of the summaries of our work over the last few weeks. Welcome once again!

Brer Oswald

I was just scrolling through forum list and saw it haha -- yeah that was interesting:p
I don't get people. I'm trying to stop hatred from continuing to spread, but that seems impossible, even on this niche part of the internet. I'll admit I don't know all about the person we are talking about, but I definitely watch his videos more than the other people do (I'm subscribed to him). Continuing to argue is just making me look like a bad person :oops:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I don't get people. I'm trying to stop hatred from continuing to spread, but that seems impossible, even on this niche part of the internet. I'll admit I don't know all about the person we are talking about, but I definitely watch his videos more than the other people do (I'm subscribed to him). Continuing to argue is just making me look like a bad person :oops:
What I don't understand is I read through the pages, and you asked several times to just drop the debate because both sides don't agree. Then they say you can't do that because it's a discussion forum.

Now when I point out a flaw in their argument, they say it's pointless to focus on their words. Logic!

Brer Oswald

What I don't understand is I read through the pages, and you asked several times to just drop the debate because both sides don't agree. Then they say you can't do that because it's a discussion forum.

Now when I point out a flaw in their argument, they say it's pointless to focus on their words. Logic!
That's because there is no logic :hilarious:! I feel like they don't watch him as much as they say they do. I watch him everyday and I see a kind, excitable man, who is very nice to his fans in the comment section. Opinions are opinions, but when cruel things are said, the discussion needs to stop. I'm also losing my own logic through this whole thing :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
That's because there is no logic :hilarious:! I feel like they don't watch him as much as they say they do. I watch him everyday and I see a kind, excitable man, who is very nice to his fans in the comment section. Opinions are opinions, but when cruel things are said, the discussion needs to stop. I'm also losing my own logic through this whole thing :p
Yeah some people just like to be contrarian and hear themselves argue. I think we've all done that at one point or another, but this is one that is pretty silly to continue to engage in. I would probably suggest clicking "unwatch" to the thread...so you don't feel the need to respond anymore. Pretend it doesn't exist;)

Brer Oswald

Yeah some people just like to be contrarian and hear themselves argue. I think we've all done that at one point or another, but this is one that is pretty silly to continue to engage in. I would probably suggest clicking "unwatch" to the thread...so you don't feel the need to respond anymore. Pretend it doesn't exist;)
I'll do exactly that right now!

JackWatkinson

Thought I would reply because I've not mentioned why I have not had the time to post here me and a group of friends are here at Orlando for Celebration so I wont have time till Sunday. BTW they gave us all some great posters with Luke and Rey on and they are awesome. Thought this post was relevant as the trailer was shown at the panel and we have just taken a little break because all this excitement is killing me! "It's time for the jedi...to end!"

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Thought I would reply because I've not mentioned why I have not had the time to post here me and a group of friends are here at Orlando for Celebration so I wont have time till Sunday. BTW they gave us all some great posters with Luke and Rey on and they are awesome. Thought this post was relevant as the trailer was shown at the panel and we have just taken a little break because all this excitement is killing me! "It's time for the jedi...to end!"
Lucky!! Have a great time!

I just watched the livestream -- that poster looks amazing. So many questions about the trailer...most anticipated movie of the year. I love how these trailers just give us speculation instead of ruining the whole plot

JackWatkinson

Lucky!! Have a great time!

I just watched the livestream -- that poster looks amazing. So many questions about the trailer...most anticipated movie of the year. I love how these trailers just give us speculation instead of ruining the whole plot
I have not really had the chance to properly sit down and pick up on the little details as I am sure there are many. I honestly can't wait for December! Yes I am lucky it has been hard to get this all organised and flying from the UK its not been cheap either! The sleepover nights were a pain but we stuck through it and have been worth it! I honestly don't know whats happening in this movie and I love the speculation anyway I probably won't be able to post again until later goodbye for now and may the force be with you!

StevenU

I have not really had the chance to properly sit down and pick up on the little details as I am sure there are many. I honestly can't wait for December! Yes I am lucky it has been hard to get this all organised and flying from the UK its not been cheap either! The sleepover nights were a pain but we stuck through it and have been worth it! I honestly don't know whats happening in this movie and I love the speculation anyway I probably won't be able to post again until later goodbye for now and may the force be with you!
Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom