Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As a newbie, I'm not entirely certain what park you had in mind for this attraction. If it is a new park, I think the castle on your map would need to be considerably larger, unless the other attractions are located under other parts of the castle aside from its' keep. (Not being critical, but just trying to understand how you plan to fit a majestic castle into the given land you illustrated.)
This project is essentially starting over from scratch with a new Magic Kingdom -- I tried to scale the castle to something akin to Shanghai's Castle (which is pretty large) compared to the size of other show buildings. It's not exact, if needed it can always be enlarged, but my thoughts for the castle as of now are...

First Floor
- Queue for Sorcerer's Apprentice Ride
- Walking path to Fantasyland proper
- Walkway to "castle shops"

First/Second Floor Annex (that's the part to the right of the main castle on the map)
- Sorcerer's Apprentice Show Building
- 3 shops (can be entered through the castle interior, as well as from the outside of Fantasyland)\

Second Floor
- Restaurant

Third/Fourth Floor
- Maintenance/Storage

Fifth Floor
- Nutcracker Suite

In the coming days I would like to brainstorm more in-depth on this because I think we could make this very detailed :bookworm:

Brer Oswald

Hi all:

A few thoughts on the track the Casey Jr/Peoplemover might follow. Using Space's fine diagram/map, I have laid out a possible track of the train, with exterior portions in green and interior portions in orange. I'd kinda see the interaction with a dragon or some kind of spectacle in the Castle as the "finale" of the ride, with a final send off from Mickey in Sorcerer's before you take a last pass over the center of Fantasyland and journey back to the station.

Thoughts? I know this doesn't hit Snow White and a couple of other attractions... it certainly could... but it doesn't need to. I like the occasional "peeks" of the train as you can see at the teacups, between Poppins and Toad, and even between the castle and Sorcerer's. I really like the idea of there being some sort of sound effect audible from ground level as the train exits the castle... maybe some lighting effects as well... making people wonder "just what did they see inside that castle, and I HAVE TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF."
Great work!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Here's the San Fransokyo Institute of Design (I think was the queue for a shooter attraction)
20160111_155927-1-1_zpsft4qlleh.jpg

2016-01-13%2010.55.32_zpstrbop5x0.jpg

D Hulk

@D Hindley I wonder what your opinion is on a Baymax skyway type attraction that would take you from the American Wharf/San Fran area to Tomorrowland (for a Big Hero 6 attraction)
A Skyway connecting Tomorrowland to American Wharf would probably have to cross the hub and block views of Fantasia Castle. If we want to connect these lands, maybe something like the Hogwarts Express would be less intrusive?

As for putting Baymax and Big Hero 6 in American Wharf...The land as I see it is period-set anywhere from the 1890's to the 1940's, which is better suited to the historical themes of Adventureland and Frontierland on the park's west side. Of course, these are plenty of modern Disney stories set in San Francisco - Big Hero 6, Inside Out, Ant-Man - so it's entirely possible to do a version of American Wharf set in the present, which is a conversation worth having. Still, I personally think Big Hero 6 is a better fit for Tomorrowland, with the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology nicely fitting Tomorrowland's optimism about technology and the future.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
A Skyway connecting Tomorrowland to American Wharf would probably have to cross the hub and block views of Fantasia Castle. If we want to connect these lands, maybe something like the Hogwarts Express would be less intrusive?

As for putting Baymax and Big Hero 6 in American Wharf...The land as I see it is period-set anywhere from the 1890's to the 1940's, which is better suited to the historical themes of Adventureland and Frontierland on the park's west side. Of course, these are plenty of modern Disney stories set in San Francisco - Big Hero 6, Inside Out, Ant-Man - so it's entirely possible to do a version of American Wharf set in the present, which is a conversation worth having. Still, I personally think Big Hero 6 is a better fit for Tomorrowland, with the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology nicely fitting Tomorrowland's optimism about technology and the future.
I agree that Big Hero 6 fits much better in Tomorrowland.

Personally I'd rather go with the historical route with less emphasis on IPs in the American Wharf. I like the "historical" left side of the park (Adventureland, Frontierland, American Wharf) and then going more towards IPs in Fantasyland/Tomorrowland.

CraniumCommand89

STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS - Conceptual artwork
View attachment 198758
Here is a quickie hand drawn effort to visualize a new trackless version of Storybook Land Canal Boats in the courtyard/garden space directly beyond the castle walls. Storybook Land sits alongside and compliments the Peoplemover-style Casey Jr. ride, which traverses all of Fantasyland. Meanwhile, Storybook Land summarizes Fantasyland in miniature, with quaint models depicting locations from dozens of Disney animated films. Looking over this plan, I'd like to incorporate more waterfalls and waterways feeding Storybook Land from other nearby attractions (such as the Pinocchio boat ride), really connect everything together.

Casey Jr. is elevated overhead (it even passes over the canals). Storybook Land is sunken below the main walkways. Vantage points along the walkways provide partially-obscured views of the models below (assume more landscaping than drawn). The ride's layout mirrors Fantasyland as a whole; Toad Hall is located in the same location in Storybook Land as in Fantasyland, and so on. It's like a map of the land found at its entrance! Note the observation deck and stairs south of the ride (inspired by the castle in Paris).

View attachment 198759
View attachment 198760

Storybook Land Canal Boats use the DisneySea Aquatopia LPS ride system. Three-person boats continually load from a roofed dock and glide freely from one model scene to another. On-board speakers play Disney songs to go with the models. Each model has little scenes which play out for each boat. Using Neverland as an example, pixie dust sparkles and Hook's pirate ship flies up from the waters. The trackless boats will occasionally spin in place and dance around each other. Each boat visits each model, but in no set order. Add arcing water sprays and other fun decorative elements, and the total effect is very kinetic.

This is a solid C-ticket, to be sure, but a charming one, and I think a lovely introduction to the land.
Very impressed by this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom