Club 32 Lounge

Brer Oswald

For other possible land ideas --- there's a member @Figments Friend who is a very talented artist, designing logos like this
1f37b4_f83ca4edbf56480aa80cf26e6721d863.jpg

Maybe we could basically have a "Baxterland?" (Without calling it that:p) Figment any thoughts on that? To catch you up to speed -- we are designing a Magic Kingdom from scratch - here's our progress so far:bookworm:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-recaps-and-final-projects.925202/
I had a great chat with Figment's friend awhile back about our love for splash mountain. I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only one that was that big of a Splash fan :happy:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Overview of the shops so far!
7615291583854516964%253Faccount_id%253D9

1 - Bonjour Gifts/Belle Storytime
1.5 - Cinderella Chateau (in-between Beauty and the Beast and Snow White)
2 - Gaston's Tavern
3 - Hundred Acre Goods
4 - Mr. Toad - fish and chips restaurant
5 - Practically Perfect
6 -
7 - Mary Poppins Meet and Greet
8 - Mickey and the Beanstalk
9 - Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall
10 - (Mad Hatter?)
11 - Pinocchio Village Haus
11.5 - Gepetto's Wood Shop
12 - Merlin's Treasures
13 - The Steadfast Tim Soldier
14 - Bibbity Bobbity Boutique
*The Nutcracker Suite
*Fantasy Gifts
*Fantasy Faire

JackWatkinson

Overview of the shops so far!
7615291583854516964%253Faccount_id%253D9

1 - Bonjour Gifts/Belle Storytime
1.5 - Cinderella Chateau (in-between Beauty and the Beast and Snow White)
2 - Gaston's Tavern
3 - Hundred Acre Goods
4 - Mr. Toad - fish and chips restaurant
5 - Practically Perfect
6 -
7 - Mary Poppins Meet and Greet
8 - Mickey and the Beanstalk
9 - Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall
10 - (Mad Hatter?)
11 - Pinocchio Village Haus
11.5 - Gepetto's Wood Shop
12 - Merlin's Treasures
13 - The Steadfast Tim Soldier
14 - Bibbity Bobbity Boutique
*The Nutcracker Suite
*Fantasy Gifts
*Fantasy Faire
6 could be 'Captain Hooks Gallery'

D Hulk

Elements from Fantasy Faire can be picked and chosen as we like.

The Royal Theatre does small scale live shows around an ever-changing rotation of Disney tales. It is largely call-and-response interactive and is really quite charming. That's the best thing to include in our Fantasyland - fold it into the theater venue I believe is being discussed.

Maurice's Treats is a snack cart resembling Maurice's (Belle's father's) cart contraption, which sells big specialty pastries and Le Fou's Brews. It's good, and can be placed anyplace...near the other Beauty and the Beast stuff we're doing.

Otherwise they have the Royal Hall meet 'n' greet, and the Fairy Tale Treasures Shop, which I think are less interesting.

JackWatkinson

Might I suggest an alternative method of putting a Captain Hook restaurant right in front of the Peter Pan building? This is originally what I had intended with a piece of concept art that gave me idea to start this project in the first place :D. View media item 2621
Yes it was just an idea because something Pan related would fit well there. Something more original would be even better.

D Hulk

No I love your idea for having a Captain Hook quick service! I just wanted to incorporate it into my ride building. The only thing is that the building would have to be mirrored to fit our map.
Pic included is from Disneyland's opening, the Captain Hook-themed Chicken of the Sea restaurant. Sounds like what you're discussing, @Brer Oswald

Attachments

• IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 51

michmousefan

Hi all:

A few thoughts on the track the Casey Jr/Peoplemover might follow. Using Space's fine diagram/map, I have laid out a possible track of the train, with exterior portions in green and interior portions in orange. I'd kinda see the interaction with a dragon or some kind of spectacle in the Castle as the "finale" of the ride, with a final send off from Mickey in Sorcerer's before you take a last pass over the center of Fantasyland and journey back to the station.

Thoughts? I know this doesn't hit Snow White and a couple of other attractions... it certainly could... but it doesn't need to. I like the occasional "peeks" of the train as you can see at the teacups, between Poppins and Toad, and even between the castle and Sorcerer's. I really like the idea of there being some sort of sound effect audible from ground level as the train exits the castle... maybe some lighting effects as well... making people wonder "just what did they see inside that castle, and I HAVE TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF."

Attachments

• caseyJR_ridepath.jpg
    caseyJR_ridepath.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 44

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hi all:

A few thoughts on the track the Casey Jr/Peoplemover might follow. Using Space's fine diagram/map, I have laid out a possible track of the train, with exterior portions in green and interior portions in orange. I'd kinda see the interaction with a dragon or some kind of spectacle in the Castle as the "finale" of the ride, with a final send off from Mickey in Sorcerer's before you take a last pass over the center of Fantasyland and journey back to the station.

Thoughts? I know this doesn't hit Snow White and a couple of other attractions... it certainly could... but it doesn't need to. I like the occasional "peeks" of the train as you can see at the teacups, between Poppins and Toad, and even between the castle and Sorcerer's. I really like the idea of there being some sort of sound effect audible from ground level as the train exits the castle... maybe some lighting effects as well... making people wonder "just what did they see inside that castle, and I HAVE TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF."
Great path! I really enjoy the peaks of the train like you mentioned...so it's subtle and not seen constantly. Peoplemover doesn't hit the Speedway other than looking at it as well as a couple other things, so if Casey Jr. doesn't go through Snow White I think we should be fine. It could just breeze past it.

Also to blend in even further...especially in the forest, you could have train bridges over the walkway that blend in with the forest setting
train-track-train-bridge-trestle-forest-old-50714687.jpg

Then in Wonderland, you could have a zainy, colorful bridge...and then in Storybook Land --- more of a circus theme?

The one area maybe we could tweak just a bit is by Beauty and the Beast?
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/04/beast-castle-art.jpg
Right now the train looks like it goes right down the path to Be Our Guest. Maybe it could wrap around the back of the attraction and behind Belle's Cottage, then as it crosses over to Tangled..it uses a bridge that creates a transition between Snow White, Tangled, and then to Beauty and the Beast?

Corey

Hi all:

As a newbie, I'm not entirely certain what park you had in mind for this attraction. If it is a new park, I think the castle on your map would need to be considerably larger, unless the other attractions are located under other parts of the castle aside from its' keep. (Not being critical, but just trying to understand how you plan to fit a majestic castle into the given land you illustrated.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom