Closing of Tower of Terror (WDW)

Kman101

I truly feel that I am the only person who did not care one whit for Inside Out. I wasn't crazy about Zootopia either; so what do I know?!? :hilarious:

I thought Moana was outstanding, if that redeems my taste in movies at all.

I'm kind of the opposite. I loved Inside Out and Zootopia.

montyz81

But it will be a very different park to today's and yesterday's.
I can't get my head around it, I promise I will try though.
I know others have asked, but will there be any thought or move back to the 1982 opening concept? I sort of feel like, in the mind of Disney leadership, Epcot is moving towards an IoA park. The roller coaster inside SSE feels like it is closer then ever!

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't get my head around it, I promise I will try though.
I know others have asked, but will there be any thought or move back to the 1982 opening concept? I sort of feel like, in the mind of Disney leadership, Epcot is moving towards an IoA park. The roller coaster inside SSE feels like it is closer then ever!
Personally I'd say no closer to the 1982 concept.

Matt_Black

So there is still the potential that people get fed up with superheroes for the moment (specially at the rate Marvel/DC is throwing them)

Possibly, though Marvel (and DC, too, if they wanted too) have enough non-superhero IPs that they could continue making movies when the superhero bubble bursts.

jt04

I don't think I will be visiting again. It will be too depressing. I hope the folks at WDI are aware that this could potentially destroy me, Not that they care.

Future World is ubiquitous these days. There is no way it can be properly displayed/demonstrated in such a finite space even If you could find enough willing sponsors. Not sure they can.

I would recommend KSC and the new Miami Museum of Science to get your fix.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am pretty close to abandoning all hope for Epcot's future.

I don't think I will be visiting again. It will be too depressing. I hope the folks at WDI are aware that this could potentially destroy me, Not that they care.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Although Future World has needed TLC for quite a few years, it does seem like Disney management is finally getting around to doing something about it. I haven't a clue how this will all end up, but I don't think they'll completely discard edu-tainment for either their long-term core fans, or newer fans,

It may not be the same EPCOT of the 80s and 90s, but don't completely write it off just yet.

I'd like to see them create a new attraction about the science of robotics--there are so many different applications they could present. Robotics could be a fascinating, learning experience, that I think would appeal to all ages. (The Disney animatronics aspect could also be a fun tie-in here.) There seems to be space available in the old WOL paviliion that they could utilize . . . ;)

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Although Future World has needed TLC for quite a few years, it does seem like Disney management is finally getting around to doing something about it. I haven't a clue how this will all end up, but I don't think they'll completely discard edu-tainment for either their long-term core fans, or newer fans,

It may not be the same EPCOT of the 80s and 90s, but don't completely write it off just yet.

I'd like to see them create a new attraction about the science of robotics--there are so many different applications they could present. Robotics could be a fascinating, learning experience, that I think would appeal to all ages. (The Disney animatronics aspect could also be a fun tie-in here.) There seems to be space available in the old WOL paviliion that they could utilize . . . ;)
I agree, lets see what ideas and concepts the imagineers have. A lot of people wrote off Pandora, but now the majority of people are very impressed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom