Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

Question of the day!
What are some of your favorite books?
I read "Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow" by Gabrielle Zevin for a book club last month and it absolutely blew me away. It's a very recent book released only a couple years ago, but it's up there with some of the most powerful things I've read. The book has some amazing asexual representation which I really responded to as well as an extremely well fleshed out and complex male/female platonic friendship at the center of the story which is something I very much advocate that we need more of when it comes to modern fiction.

The prose in itself was extremely well done with some really thought provoking and memorable passages as well as a narrative that occasionally changed up the writing style. We get sections that go back and forth between the two main characters perspectives, a chapter focusing on a supporting character written in second person, a chapter that entirely takes place within a video game, and more. It feels like every section had some kind of cool twist like that to change things up. The narrative revolving around video game designers is also something that I'm sure will resonate with a modern audience, and the depiction of gaming culture as a whole is basically everything Ready Player One wishes it was. I cannot recommend enough.

Other than that I mostly have stuck to the classics. Watership Down is perhaps the most satisfying "epic" I've ever read, completely unironically for it being a book about rabbits. When I was in college I was a total "Gatsby Bro" who would try to spread the gospel of The Great Gatsby being essentially the perfect book, and as cringe as that behavior was I still kind of hold that opinion when it comes to the novel's pure prose. I'll also advocate for "Bridge to Terrabithia" being another excellent example of a male/female friendship and a super hard hitting first encounter with the concept of death for young readers. It's a super important book that I feel lucky to have been exposed to at the age I was.
Question of the Day
Favorite Adventureland attraction? What makes it special?
I mean, it's gotta be the Tiki Room, but specifically the Disneyland version. While the WDW version might be slightly larger scale, the abrupt edits to cut down on the show length along with the obviously inferior preshow area really go a long way towards hurting its impact. The Disneyland version is a stone cold classic, with so much great history. Even though at this point I'm honestly a bit sick of the actual show itself, I still make a point to do it as many times as I can while I'm in the park.

I love the vibe, I love being in the building and literally surrounded by the history, I love that you can take food into the theater unlike WDW, I love just hanging out in the Tiki Gardens which might be my single favorite spot in all the park. I use it less as an attraction and more as a safe haven and probably THE only reliable place to actually get away from the crowds for the most part. The show itself does function incredibly well as being essentially a Silly Symphony that you walk into and surrounds you on all sides. As much as I love the Country Bears, this will always be the superior show to me because of its stronger emphasis on individual characters and rising action leading to the thunderstorm climax. It's just perfect theme park storytelling from beginning to end.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Question of the Day
I’m going to go with pirates on this one. I love the treehouse, the tiki room, and the jungle cruise but Pirates of the Caribbean was a large part of my childhood, the ride and the movies, actually pirates in general was a large part of my childhood, my favorite game is literally a pirate game.

PerGron

I’m going to go with pirates on this one. I love the treehouse, the tiki room, and the jungle cruise but Pirates of the Caribbean was a large part of my childhood, the ride and the movies, actually pirates in general was a large part of my childhood, my favorite game is literally a pirate game.
I gotta say Pirates. I really regret not going on that or the Jungle Cruise during my last visit
Pirates of the Caribbean. No matter where it is or how long (or short it is), easily one of the exemplars of how to pull off an atmospheric AA/effects-heavy E-ticket
It should surprise absolutely nobody based on the nature of the attraction, but mine is easily The Jungle Cruise.

A combination of animal theming and terrible jokes, I don’t think anything could represent my interests more
I read "Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow" by Gabrielle Zevin for a book club last month and it absolutely blew me away. It's a very recent book released only a couple years ago, but it's up there with some of the most powerful things I've read. The book has some amazing asexual representation which I really responded to as well as an extremely well fleshed out and complex male/female platonic friendship at the center of the story which is something I very much advocate that we need more of when it comes to modern fiction.

The prose in itself was extremely well done with some really thought provoking and memorable passages as well as a narrative that occasionally changed up the writing style. We get sections that go back and forth between the two main characters perspectives, a chapter focusing on a supporting character written in second person, a chapter that entirely takes place within a video game, and more. It feels like every section had some kind of cool twist like that to change things up. The narrative revolving around video game designers is also something that I'm sure will resonate with a modern audience, and the depiction of gaming culture as a whole is basically everything Ready Player One wishes it was. I cannot recommend enough.

Other than that I mostly have stuck to the classics. Watership Down is perhaps the most satisfying "epic" I've ever read, completely unironically for it being a book about rabbits. When I was in college I was a total "Gatsby Bro" who would try to spread the gospel of The Great Gatsby being essentially the perfect book, and as cringe as that behavior was I still kind of hold that opinion when it comes to the novel's pure prose. I'll also advocate for "Bridge to Terrabithia" being another excellent example of a male/female friendship and a super hard hitting first encounter with the concept of death for young readers. It's a super important book that I feel lucky to have been exposed to at the age I was.

I mean, it's gotta be the Tiki Room, but specifically the Disneyland version. While the WDW version might be slightly larger scale, the abrupt edits to cut down on the show length along with the obviously inferior preshow area really go a long way towards hurting its impact. The Disneyland version is a stone cold classic, with so much great history. Even though at this point I'm honestly a bit sick of the actual show itself, I still make a point to do it as many times as I can while I'm in the park.

I love the vibe, I love being in the building and literally surrounded by the history, I love that you can take food into the theater unlike WDW, I love just hanging out in the Tiki Gardens which might be my single favorite spot in all the park. I use it less as an attraction and more as a safe haven and probably THE only reliable place to actually get away from the crowds for the most part. The show itself does function incredibly well as being essentially a Silly Symphony that you walk into and surrounds you on all sides. As much as I love the Country Bears, this will always be the superior show to me because of its stronger emphasis on individual characters and rising action leading to the thunderstorm climax. It's just perfect theme park storytelling from beginning to end.
All of us really screwed this up by not mentioning the true best Adventureland attraction: Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
All of us really screwed this up by not mentioning the true best Adventureland attraction: Magic Carpets of Aladdin
1709672908016.png

JokersWild

Question of the Day
I’d say Pirates(specifically Tokyo’s since it’s more like DLR’s and WDW’s,) but no one has said Indy and it’s an absolute crime

Pirates is my favorite attraction. It’s always been my favorite attraction and will forevermore be my favorite attraction. It’s the perfect dark ride, rivaled only by Haunted Mansion.

Indy however is the perfect example of “modern” imagineering. From the incredible setting and immersion of the queue to the perfectly paced ride, it’s a peak that I’m not sure has truly been met. RotR is the only attraction that I can think of that could probably match it.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I’d say Pirates(specifically Tokyo’s since it’s more like DLR’s and WDW’s,) but no one has said Indy and it’s an absolute crime

Pirates is my favorite attraction. It’s always been my favorite attraction and will forevermore be my favorite attraction. It’s the perfect dark ride, rivaled only by Haunted Mansion.

Indy however is the perfect example of “modern” imagineering. From the incredible setting and immersion of the queue to the perfectly paced ride, it’s a peak that I’m not sure has truly been met. RotR is the only attraction that I can think of that could probably match it.
Probably due to the fact that most of us don’t have the luxury of an Indy ride at Walt Disney World, in this case magic kingdom’s Adventureland

Since Everyone is changing their Profile Picture, I decided to to the same thing and I swapped it to:
IMG_0312.jpeg

A Evil-Abandoned Animatronic Version Of Brer Rabbit, I also was going to include some black smoke, but my Pen Died while I was Drawing This and I couldn’t get it to work. That will be added though! Edit: I have changed my pic to Brer fox

Also, as for the Question, It’s Indiana Jones Adventure ~ Temple Of The Forbidden Eye at Disneyland. Why has no one mentioned it yet? It’s just so Fun and Has so much Detail, Hope if that Tropical Americas Land Concept Replaces Dinoland, I hope A new version of Indy is included!

Last edited:

WaltWiz1901

Probably due to the fact that most of us don’t have the luxury of an Indy ride at Walt Disney World, in this case magic kingdom’s Adventureland
Or any unique E-tickets at the Magic Kingdom...

...like there isn't enough land to develop and build some on instead of ignoring it, adding by subtracting, and placing natural fits in the wrong parks (Frozen and Moana in EPCOT especially)

Chaos Cat

Since Everyone is changing their Profile Picture, I decided to to the same thing and I swapped it to:View attachment 771605
A Evil-Abandoned Animatronic Version Of Brer Rabbit, I also was going to include some black smoke, but my Pen Died while I was Drawing This and I couldn’t get it to work. That will be added though!

Also, as for the Question, It’s Indiana Jones Adventure ~ Temple Of The Forbidden Eye at Disneyland. Why has no one mentioned it yet? It’s just so Fun and Has so much Detail, Hope if that Tropical Americas Land Concept Replaces Dinoland, I hope A new version of Indy is included!
Most people here: switches to comfy looking pfps

DUF: Five Nights at Brer'Rabbit's

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Most people here: switches to comfy looking pfps

DUF: Five Nights at Brer'Rabbit's
Oh trust me. Fozzie does not want to be in this orange grove, I just teleported him there and haven’t been able to contact him since. The reason why he is smiling is because he found the first real food that wasn’t oranges. Also,

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY’S

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom