Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The memes from this have been delicious.

Screenshot_20240303_151127_Reddit.jpg

It was recreated in Dreamlight Valley too

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I didn't reply to the second question because I don't play video games so 🙃
So..... which do you prefer? Projects dues at 10 PM for faster reviews/results/next prompt OR projects due at Midnight for simplicity? Or does it not matter as long as it is well communicated?
For me, because I'm in PST, the deadline is always 9 PM, which means I don't have that extra hour sprint that others mentioned, but I don't think it's better for 10 pm EST. I would highly prefer nothing due on Wednesday though.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Have any of you guys heard of this? It’s strange to say the least.
The painful truth is that it was simply a scam conducted by one guy who decided to use AI to trick families into giving money:

Fakery 1
Fakery 2

Just search up BIlly Coull. I'm surprised the poor parents and their kids didn't notice that it was blatantly AI-generated 😭

Chaos Cat

The painful truth is that it was simply a scam conducted by one guy who decided to use AI to trick families into giving money:

Fakery 1
Fakery 2

Just search up BIlly Coull. I'm surprised the poor parents and their kids didn't notice that it was blatantly AI-generated 😭
He's also apperently an anti-vaxer, as if being an AI-bro scam artist wasn't enough to make want to punch his lights out.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There should ironically be a prompt like this (maybe not in this comp because I‘m guessing that every prompt was already decided) where you have to make a bootleg super low budget experience based on a popular IP
I was thinking it could make a good practice prompt before the season begins? I feel like the meme will die by the time the game actually begins lol

Fakery 1
Fakery 2

He's also apperently an anti-vaxer, as if being an AI-bro scam artist wasn't enough to make want to punch his lights out.

Yeah none of that is particularly shocking to hear sadly lol. Not saying all generative AI is bad or there will never be legitimate uses or anything like that. But so far the vast majority of what it seems to be used for is either scams or using it save money at the expense of quality/passion/art. Often with their databases they build off of collected in either shady or unethical ways which makes it unsurprising when that leads to end products used in unethical ways. Again, not saying all generative AI is bad or will never be good or that everyone who uses it is automatically bad or anything extreme like that. There's definitely a future I see where it is more ethically sourced and used much in the same way stock images or clip art are used now for when you need some generic filler art. Or just as a neat gimmick here and there. Or as a tool to assist artists with busy work like on Spiderverse (though I'd argue despite the buzzword of AI being the same, that use has little in common with things like ChatGPT, Sora, and any AI Image generator). But there's a reason I said "No AI" in the One Sentence Comp and there's a reason that rule is gonna carry over here too

WaltWiz1901

But there's a reason I said "No AI" in the One Sentence Comp and there's a reason that rule is gonna carry over here too
And that is one rule I heavily applaud, as someone who fails to see any use for generative AI (both visually and textually). Things like the whole Wonka experience fiasco only prove to magnify the problems with using it unethically

JokersWild

I was thinking it could make a good practice prompt before the season begins? I feel like the meme will die by the time the game actually begins lol

Yeah none of that is particularly shocking to hear sadly lol. Not saying all generative AI is bad or there will never be legitimate uses or anything like that. But so far the vast majority of what it seems to be used for is either scams or using it save money at the expense of quality/passion/art. Often with their databases they build off of collected in either shady or unethical ways which makes it unsurprising when that leads to end products used in unethical ways. Again, not saying all generative AI is bad or will never be good or that everyone who uses it is automatically bad or anything extreme like that. There's definitely a future I see where it is more ethically sourced and used much in the same way stock images or clip art are used now for when you need some generic filler art. Or just as a neat gimmick here and there. Or as a tool to assist artists with busy work like on Spiderverse (though I'd argue despite the buzzword of AI being the same, that use has little in common with things like ChatGPT, Sora, and any AI Image generator). But there's a reason I said "No AI" in the One Sentence Comp and there's a reason that rule is gonna carry over here too
I do think it’s a discussion to be had for AI in future comps. I remember at least one person using AI art during the last SYWTBAI and I think that’s ok within reason. During the Broadway project in Season 18, someone used AI to pad out their music, which I would say is going too far. I’ve even played around with it a little bit to potentially use with Discovery Bay. It’s just something we all really need to be mindful to not overuse, or at least be very upfront with its usage.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I do think it’s a discussion to be had for AI in future comps. I remember at least one person using AI art during the last SYWTBAI and I think that’s ok within reason. During the Broadway project in Season 18, someone used AI to pad out there music, which I would say is going too far. I’ve even played around with it a little bit to potentially use with Discovery Bay. It’s just something we all really need to be mindful to not overuse, or at least be very upfront with its usage.
It's a tough thing because functionally it really isn't that different from just hopping on Google Images and finding a reference photo. But then again its easy to tell a reference photo and those are usually more generic filler. But if AI is being used to get super specific then at that point, its not replacing reference photos its replacing what should be your own unique art. And what's the point of doing that in a game that is about showing off, expanding, and celebrating your creative skills?

A quote I really liked about AI writing went "Why should I bother reading something you couldn't be bother to write?" But again, that's assuming AI art is used to replace what would've otherwise been original art instead of just replacing stock photos. I'm not totally against it always and forever in all circumstance. But I feel like I'd rather a horrible pencil sketch on a post it note over a masterpiece by AI. And for now with generative AI where it is and the ethics of what it references and how still being worked out, a rule against it seems better. But I do see a very real potential use for it in future games depending on how it develops

Fun fact: A very early idea I had for this game was to do sort of a Tron theme with human imagineers battling the MCP for control over creativity or whatever. With the gimmick being that the in addition to projects by the players, they'd also be competing against a third "team" that was fully AI Generated projects. But ultimately beyond the gimmick of it being neat, it just didn't seem fun. Plus, again, the ethical concerns with generative AI are still a thing being figured out which makes me definitely not want to use it for something big like that. But the humans vs machines gimmick is something that might be worth coming back to on down the line

cdunlap

Glasgow Willy Wonka is perhaps my favorite thing to happen in 2024
Mine as well. I think it's a prime example of why AI shouldn’t be involved in performance art!
There should ironically be a prompt like this (maybe not in this comp because I‘m guessing that every prompt was already decided) where you have to make a bootleg super low budget experience based on a popular IP
Oh yes!
If it had occurred like 2 weeks earlier than it did, it would’ve been in Manor of Mysteries 1000%
Wishing it did occur 2 weeks ago now!

Anyways, one of my PFPs on another site is THE UNKNOWN!

PerGron

Join myself and Tiki at 11pm (10 minutes) as we spoil Dune: Part 2 in gruesome detail.

(If you haven’t seen the movie yet, don’t watch. But do go see the movie)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom