Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Thoughts on this?

I love Park Lore, but I disagree on this one. I'm not a DAK purist exactly, but this seems like a stretch. The park is about man's relationship to nature with animals (Real, extinct, and fictional) as a major focal point and "Adventures into the wild or ruins reclaimed by nature" as a recurring theme. A Verne land with similar rides to TDS could work, but as a straight clone its too much of a slant rhyme.

Considering Parklore (Brian) is like an armchair imagineer without contact (like Harry Potter, a (∩ ` -´)⊃━━☆゚.*・。゚ legend among muggles), what are the chances we can get him to check out the forums?

This is in fact one of the only communities for sole Imagineering discussion…
He's a really great guy on Twitter (or at least he was before I left the site) and pretty friendly. But if he does this as a job for his site I'm not sure he'd want to pick it up as a hobby. But like I said he's pretty friendly and it can't hurt to reach out if you want!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There's a run off for the Imagineering Awards! 48 Hours to break a few ties! Not to influence anyone, but Tegan likely put hours if not weeks if not months of work into What If, I wrote more than one prompt for the 1SC on my phone. So, one of us is probably more deserving and its the same one of us who is probably not a full season behind on Harley Quinn​
Runoff time!

We have two different votes that are tied! So we will have a 48-hour runoff ballot to determine the winner of these two before announcing all of the winners!

Vote on the last two categories now!

DisneyManOne

Honestly, Tropical Americas is probably the project I'm most excited for, regarding future additions to Walt Disney World. I happily welcome whatever gets rid of Dino-Rama, which has always been the worst part of the park to me; and likewise, I welcome the chance of finally getting Indiana Jones Adventure on the East Coast.

Plus, the moment I saw the concept art, I was like "Okay, I need this to be a thing yesterday." It was that beautiful!

Animal-Kingdom_Full_52946.jpg

Chaos Cat

Has anyone noticed that Iger confirmed an avatar mini-land coming to Disneyland that literally nobody asked for? What are your opinions about it?
JUST BUILD THE DAMN THIRD-GATE ALREAD

Disneyland is already cramped for space and the IPs they keep pushing don't fit Californa Adventure. Just save this stuff for a third park, please, for the love of god.

cdunlap

Honestly, Tropical Americas is probably the project I'm most excited for, regarding future additions to Walt Disney World. I happily welcome whatever gets rid of Dino-Rama, which has always been the worst part of the park to me; and likewise, I welcome the chance of finally getting Indiana Jones Adventure on the East Coast.

Plus, the moment I saw the concept art, I was like "Okay, I need this to be a thing yesterday." It was that beautiful!

Animal-Kingdom_Full_52946.jpg
Seeing that I'm the local ancient Latin America enthusiast, I gladly welcome another Mesoamerican step pyramid to WDW!

AceAstro

Has anyone noticed that Iger confirmed an avatar mini-land coming to Disneyland that literally nobody asked for? What are your opinions about it?
I asked for it :angelic: Regardless of how people feel about the avatar franchise, Pandora is the most stunning land Disney has built since Cars land. I would gladly take one in Disneyland that’s a lot closer to home for me than going all the way to WDW so I’m very excited. I expected it to be a small experience like the walk through I made in OSC so curious to see where they put the land!

DisneyManOne

The only way I'd welcome it is if it's the thing that finally replaces the Submarine Voyage and Autopia. I mean, among many of us Armchair Imagineers, our ideas for updating Disneyland involve getting rid of those two rides and doing something new with the space; and now, Disney has the chance to do it for real!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
There's a run off for the Imagineering Awards! 48 Hours to break a few ties! Not to influence anyone, but Tegan likely put hours if not weeks if not months of work into What If, I wrote more than one prompt for the 1SC on my phone. So, one of us is probably more deserving and its the same one of us who is probably not a full season behind on Harley Quinn​
Awwwww!!!! Pi, you’re the absolute sweetest 💖

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Question of the Day
If you had to choose a Disney park to live in, just like a little apartment somewhere inside it, where would it be?
I am actively packing my bags and moving to EPCOT. My apartment is in the GM Lounge in the former World of Motion/present day Test Track building. And I would spend many a day just enjoying the view 🥰🥰

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The only way I'd welcome it is if it's the thing that finally replaces the Submarine Voyage and Autopia. I mean, among many of us Armchair Imagineers, our ideas for updating Disneyland involve getting rid of those two rides and doing something new with the space; and now, Disney has the chance to do it for real!
I believe there was a prompt to do exactly that in sywtbai 20! I remember I hadn't seen Way of Water but I was helping with the E Ticket based on that movie so I had to keep guessing at what plots/themes were. Basically pitched a surf movie plot but with aliens and then the rest of the team (I wanna say I worked with @AceAstro on that one but could be remembering wrong) translated it into Avatar hahaha

PerGron

Question of the Day
If you had to choose a Disney park to live in, just like a little apartment somewhere inside it, where would it be?
The boma build on Kilimanjaro Safaris for the Wild Africa Trek had long been the place I’ve wanted to live. Views of all the animals including the lions, plus if they bring me that Wild Africa Trek lunch every day, I’d be a happy camper

AceAstro

I believe there was a prompt to do exactly that in sywtbai 20! I remember I hadn't seen Way of Water but I was helping with the E Ticket based on that movie so I had to keep guessing at what plots/themes were. Basically pitched a surf movie plot but with aliens and then the rest of the team (I wanna say I worked with @AceAstro on that one but could be remembering wrong) translated it into Avatar hahaha
We did do that!

It was a great project considering most of the team knew nothing about Avatar 🤣

WaltWiz1901

Why do I get the feeling he's saying this, among many, many other things, out of impulse?
I don't know, there's quite a couple of other options I'd take for that space over another Pandora. A Fantasyland expansion, a reborn Discovery Bay, a wintery sub-area...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom