Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

Chaos Cat

Question of the Day
This one might seem familiar if you've been to Tumblr lately, but it's really interesting seeing how people respond
It is the middle of a Thursday afternoon. You have nothing on, and aren't expecting visitors, deliveries or post. Unexpectedly, there is a knock at the door. Which of these would surprise you more to find on your doorstep: A Fairy or a Walrus?
Walrus. After my Vegas trip, I would not be surpised by the existence of faires

Disney Warrior

Question of the Day
This one might seem familiar if you've been to Tumblr lately, but it's really interesting seeing how people respond
It is the middle of a Thursday afternoon. You have nothing on, and aren't expecting visitors, deliveries or post. Unexpectedly, there is a knock at the door. Which of these would surprise you more to find on your doorstep: A Fairy or a Walrus?
Technically both but fairies since their mythological creatures

Chaos Cat

No. It doesn’t fit thematically at all.

Only acceptable DAK additions are:

- South America
- North America
- Australia/Oceania
- Tundra (Antarctica or Arctic)
- Updated Dinoland

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk
In hindsight, I probably should of linked his explanation as well...

I will admit I would prefer an Updated Dinoland, though. This is just something fun to think about.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
In hindsight, I probably should of linked his explanation as well...

I will admit I would prefer an Updated Dinoland, though. This is just something fun to think about.

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

WaltWiz1901

Thoughts on this?

As cool as it sounds, I'd rather not see Mysterious Island cloned lock-stock-and-barrel. Wouldn't want one of DisneySea's biggest draws (if not their absolute biggest) - and their icon - to be less special than they already are, and besides, while I have no problem with cloning every now and then (particularly for the evergreens), it should be important to have at least a few attractions unique to one park to entice one into booking a trip there.

That being said, though...if it's at all possible (or probable) for Disney to let the OLC accept a clone of one of the rides they financed, I wouldn't mind a variant of 20K Leagues being part of a revitalized Discovery Bay.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Considering Parklore (Brian) is like an armchair imagineer without contact (like Harry Potter, a (∩ ` -´)⊃━━☆゚.*・。゚ legend among muggles), what are the chances we can get him to check out the forums?

This is in fact one of the only communities for sole Imagineering discussion…

JokersWild

What does Mysterious Island have to do with animals?
It makes sense if you really squint. The first half of both Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20k are basically just guests watching exotic (and fictional) animals.

I really disagree with the idea, though. If you’re going to bring it over 1:1 there isn’t really a place in the park where it could go and make sense. Neither ride is really about the animals they feature either; they’re more about the sheer adventure of the journeys - much more in line with DisneySEA’s thesis.

Question of the Day
Answer: Option 3: Your Mom!

WaltWiz1901

It makes sense if you really squint. The first half of both Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20k are basically just guests watching exotic (and fictional) animals.

I really disagree with the idea, though. If you’re going to bring it over 1:1 there isn’t really a place in the park where it could go and make sense. Neither ride is really about the animals they feature either; they’re more about the sheer adventure of the journeys - much more in line with DisneySEA’s thesis.
Pretty much this
Considering Parklore (Brian) is like an armchair imagineer without contact (like Harry Potter, a (∩ ` -´)⊃━━☆゚.*・。゚ legend among muggles), what are the chances we can get him to check out the forums?
That would be so cool, NGL. Someone probably should let him know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom