Cindy's Castle turning brown!

drnilescrane

*Imitating Iago* YUCK!!!

I never liked the Tokyo castle. It's nice to be accurate but it's Disney. And when you're in Disney World it's all about the fantasy. I have too many memories of being memorized at the sight of that castle. The moral of the story is: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

But then we get into the whole 'Disneyland/WDW is a Museum' debate - I think it is nice to have a change, and all this really is is a 'plus' to the castle to make it fell fresh rather than a radical change - It's Still Cinderella Castle.

CoffeeJedi

Could someone define "brown" please, or at least put up a decent picture of Tokyo's castle? Is it more of a bronze?
At any rate, it sounds like a terrible idea. I like our castle gleaming white with shiny blue spires thankyouverymuch.

tirian

Answers:

New paint scheme? Yes.

Completely brown tones? Probably not. But as the OP has already mentioned, some brown tones will be in the final product.

askmike1

Could someone define "brown" please, or at least put up a decent picture of Tokyo's castle? Is it more of a bronze?
At any rate, it sounds like a terrible idea. I like out castle gleaming white with shiny blue spires thankyouverymuch.
Like someone said earlier, just go here (pic 29 has a whole castle shot). The top part is kind of like a marble-brown and the bottom is more charcoal grey.

tirian

That's a nice color scheme...for Tokyo... :animwink:

I hope that the top of our castle stays gleaming, storybook white, instead of a realistic, dingy color. I don't know exactly what the new color scheme in Florida will be, but the new scheme is supposed to add greater depth to the castle, thus enhancing the forced perspective.

It'll be great as long as it doesn't look like Disneyland's New Tomorrowland of the 1990s vomited all over Cinderella Castle. :lol:

LilRoo714

An attractive castle has a *huge* bottom line that you completely miss. The #1 most sold park photo is with Cinderella Castle as the backdrop. Who's going to pay if the castle starts fading and looking like crap?

I didn't say they shouldn't paint the castle or fix it up at all. I simply stated that while Disney is putting extra money into the castle to change its color scheme other posters are saying that WDW has less money to spend on its park. Therefore my conclusion was that *changing* the color scheme will not bring more guests into the parks.

Obviously it needs to be painted after the HCOE stuff left holes and fade marks in the exterior. As you said, it's already the #1 photo in the park, so I meant that spending extra money to change what's already working doesn't make sense to me.

MissM

I like both. Tokyo's castle certainly has a drama to it. But it could of course be that it's different. I think a middle-ground between the depth of color on theirs and the classic white/grey would be a postive change. Thing is, we still don't know exactly to what extent the "browning" may take, so it's hard to get really flustered over something that is, at the moment, mere speculation.

And anyway, for those of you who don't like it, no worries. This is Florida. The sun fades everything here faster then you can say, "A Pirate's Life For Me." :lol:
-m

Montu

I didn't say they shouldn't paint the castle or fix it up at all. I simply stated that while Disney is putting extra money into the castle to change its color scheme other posters are saying that WDW has less money to spend on its park. Therefore my conclusion was that *changing* the color scheme will not bring more guests into the parks.

Obviously it needs to be painted after the HCOE stuff left holes and fade marks in the exterior. As you said, it's already the #1 photo in the park, so I meant that spending extra money to change what's already working doesn't make sense to me.

And like someone else already said- Do you truly believe that cans of paint in shades of gray and white cost less than cans of paint in shades of tan and light brown?

Montu

Is the Tokyo castle an exact duplicate of the MK castle? It appears so, but anyone know for sure?

Of course people know for sure! It's not a rumor- plenty of people have been to Tokyo Disneyland :D

The castle itself is the same castle. Tokyo's differs in that is a bit more *around* the castle itself - for example a few round castle towers that make for lighting rigs for shows and parades. They're themed to look like the same stonework as the castle, though are not *part of* the castle and actually set off on the left and right on each side of it. The other difference is the lack of hub and plants that makes the Tokyo castle feel a bit more standoff-ish towering over nothing but flat concrete wide open paths. These paths, though, are completely necessary in a park that gets *that* crowded on any given day.

But yes, same castle, nicer colors (for now).

MissM

Is the Tokyo castle an exact duplicate of the MK castle? It appears so, but anyone know for sure?
Wikipedia's Cinderella Castle article says this:

Tokyo Disneyland

It is generally considered to be a carbon copy of the Magic Kingdom's castle, however from 1986-2006, "Cinderella's Mystery Castle Tour" was a popular attraction featured within the castle. In June 2006, the castle was repainted, to differentiate it from Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom. The castle now has gold trimmings, the rooftops have been painted a different shade of blue, and the white stone of the turrets now has a tan/dirty-pink colour.
Hope that helps somewhat. Maybe someone will have more information on the subject. :)
-m

Figment1986

it doesn't have those missile silos... mainly because they had no need for them in the 80s... but the volcano in Disney seas has a big missile now... ;)

the colors are not that bad, but i think they clash a little.. but may be once they fade they will look right...

WDW can use that scheme when they repaint the majority of the castle soon..

Montu

Tokyo Disneyland

It is generally considered to be a carbon copy of the Magic Kingdom's castle, however from 1986-2006, "Cinderella's Mystery Castle Tour" was a popular attraction featured within the castle. In June 2006, the castle was repainted, to differentiate it from Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom. The castle now has gold trimmings, the rooftops have been painted a different shade of blue, and the white stone of the turrets now has a tan/dirty-pink colour.
Hope that helps somewhat. Maybe someone will have more information on the subject. :)
-m

See, the problem with credibility is that you can't justify a point with a link to wikipedia. I could, right now, go to wikipedia and change that information to say that the castle was painted brown because Oriental Land Company is the Japanese majority shareholder of Taco Bell and they wanted to use synergy for advertising by making the castle look like a giant softshell taco.

And that makes it true?

EpcotForever82

MissM said:
Tokyo Disneyland

-m
The roofs of our castle are also beeing painted a darker shade of blue, and I have heard that the Brown and Gold paint is now on site at WDW.

-Space

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom