Cindy's Castle turning brown!

SirNim

Bring it on...

But don't make it a completely, absolutely, 100% carbon copy... that's never good... :lookaroun

meryll83

You know I kinda like the wdw castle white.
Especially when you seen it on adverts, it looks so fresh and inviting.

I would love to go to Tokyo though for a closer look at theirs, that's the only reason I want to go, honest :lol:

JimboJones123

Stitch haters, just be glad that our "pardon our dust" signs don't have Stitch Graffiti on them, esp around the castle. All hell would break loose.

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be another Stitch attack on the castle.....but this time instead of TP he was going to use something else to cover the castle :lookaroun

I do like the look of the TDL castle....I just hope it doesn't require all the scaffolding to finish the job.

Teenchy

Although I think TDL's castle is beautiful, i'm not sure I would like WDW's to be the same??? That brown was alot darker than I expected. It does look much more like real block but I never had a problem with "our" color scheme as it was supposed to be part of the whole fantasy aspect.

By the way can we get some of our members over there to take some pictures, whats the deal with all those dark photos, I think we have some real pros on this site!:D

Irrawaddy Erik

You also have to remember that each park color scheme is picked on purpose. In WDW the Castle and Main Street uses lighter colors because of the heat durring the summer. TDL and Paris on the other hand uses darker colors in the park because of their colder winters.

mkepcotmgmak

You also have to remember that each park color scheme is picked on purpose. In WDW the Castle and Main Street uses lighter colors because of the heat durring the summer. TDL and Paris on the other hand uses darker colors in the park because of their colder winters.

And the new Disneyland Antarctica will be painted in only three colors... yellow, red and orange. They are hoping that will help the "cold" situation.:p

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I like the white/light grey myself. Wonder what this will do when lights shine on it at night. I love how the castle looks with the different colors at night. I'm guessing this will make all the colors darker. And what about the other projections on the castle during Wishes, Hallowishes and the Christmas Party?

I'm giving it a thumbs down.

terp79

interaction of color

Well I must admit that I was worried when i saw the title of this thread. After viewing TDL's castle I was in awe. I love the new color palette of the castle. Having my BFA in fine art with an emphsis in painting I feel that this is a smart move if our castle gets a similar paint job. I tip my hat to what ever Imagineer picked up their copy of "Interaction of Color" and dusted it off and realized Josef Albers knew what he was talking about. Now if only that Imagineer could lend their copy to the graphic designer resposible for the new monorail skins.

yensid63

I like it. I think the gold trim is nice, especially on the Disney family crest.
I hope they can do this without the scaffolding. People hate the crane, imagine what they'd say about scaffolding.

BiggerTigger

It could be worse -- remember that ripoff park in Indonesia? :lookaroun
themecastle_sm.jpg

Or It could be pink!

Wait, they did that, never mind.:lol:

LilRoo714

While this looks nice on the Tokyo castle I'm not sure what benefit there is to making the castle in WDW the same. Having each park with a slightly different castle helps their identities remain unique. Plus if money's such an issue at MK, why are they spending it on something that will not better the guest experience or bring more people through the gates? Who, besides lots of people on this site,:animwink: will book a vacation to WDW because they repainted the castle?

rbrower

I like it but I am not sure that I would like for it to stay like that for a long time. I might start missing the regular castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom