Cindy's Castle turning brown!

Tim G

See, the problem with credibility is that you can't justify a point with a link to wikipedia. I could, right now, go to wikipedia and change that information to say that the castle was painted brown because Oriental Land Company is the Japanese majority shareholder of Taco Bell and they wanted to use synergy for advertising by making the castle look like a giant softshell taco.

And that makes it true?
First, the outside is mirrorred, different theming was used... etc. etc...
So Carbon Copy... err... not really...

Montu

First, the outside is mirrorred, different theming was used... etc. etc...
So Carbon Copy... err... not really...

Mirorrored?! What are you talking about? Pull up a picture of Magic Kingdom's Castle in Google, then pull up one of Tokyo Disneyland's castle. They are *not* mirrors of eachother at all.

I highly doubt that disney is doing this to give it a more 'realistic' look. Cinderalla Castle is currently modeled after Neuswanstein Castle in Germany, Google it becasuse it has the same white stone as Cinderella Castle. In fact, Neuswanstein means 'New Swan Stone' which is in reference to the white/grey stone used to build it. I believe that Disney is in fact trying to diferenciate between the two parks. many people don't believe this becasue they wonder why didney built a similar castle in the first place then. That is because when Disney took on Tokyo, the oriental land company wanted a copy of Disney WOrlds castel so people wouldn't think the park was just a rip off of the origionals. Now that they obviously have a firm financial base, they decided to create their own identity. I think the browns look warm and homey, I too would not like the Magic Kingdom to take on the coloe scheme espacially being that the brown would fade much faster than the light greys. The only thing that will screw Disney up with this one is advertising won't be able to cheat anymore by using the same castle to represent both parks. hahaha, but other than that. They did it tastefully.

tnemgif

My opinion of this whole thing is that I think it is complete bogus. I really don't mind the brown castle that much but it works much better in Tokyo with the open spaces. While I think the gold accents used on the Tokyo castle would look nice, the brown would be a bad decision to paint the colors. It looks realistic but Americans normally would prefer fantasy/beauty to reality. I really hope the castle remains gray.

basas

Is it just me, or do the new colors look slightly 'pink' (more than brown anyway) (aka: closer to DLP/DL's color scheme?). Personally, I much prefer the white/gray to the brown...

EpcotForever82

It's not really that ugly:

tdr62006055.jpg

I think the gold trimming is really pretty :)

-Space

MissM

See, the problem with credibility is that you can't justify a point with a link to wikipedia. I could, right now, go to wikipedia and change that information to say that the castle was painted brown because Oriental Land Company is the Japanese majority shareholder of Taco Bell and they wanted to use synergy for advertising by making the castle look like a giant softshell taco.

And that makes it true?
Aaaaand you're on my case why? I clearly said: Hope that helps somewhat. Maybe someone will have more information on the subject. I think the whole, "maybe someone will have more information" part was pretty clear that I don't know personally and was merely trying to offer some general web-found information on the subject.

And while you certainly can edit the entry to say something stupid, the odds are it would be reverted to a non-junk entry.

Unless you have something useful to add in terms of information or links to more "official" specifications, lost the attitude.
-m

it398

Roughly, yes...

But the Tokyo Castle is absolutely not an exact copy...

Tokyo's castle is actually (i forget exactly but its either 4 or 5 feet) taller. This was because the planning laws in Tokyo allowed for a slightly increased hight compared with the one in WDW.

At least thats what our tour guide said when i took the keys to the kingdom tour last year.

its pretty simular because thats what the japenese officials wanted.
the story goes that disney originally wanted to build an oriental style park as opposed to a magic kingdom but officials said no we want an American disney park. so thats what Disney gave them.

mickey5888

Never? But up until a couple of months ago, it had the exact same paint scheme as WDW's castle.

Now, I'll agree that WDW's castle had the most cold, depressing color scheme of any of the Disney castles, but that seems to go against your point, no?

I know that Tokyo's Castle used to be like WDW's. I never liked it from the moment I saw the pic before this thread. The brown makes it resemble too much of a fortress instead of a fantasy world. Instead of princesses and magic I think of trebuchets and all those gross stories told in high school world history class...

wdwhoneymooner

I like this change. I know it'll make our family want to take another pic in front of the castle when we visit again. I don't have a problem with it at all.

nelsonj3

I like the looks of the picture posted above. However, I'll withold judgement until I see the castle in person. (Hopefully soon!!). :wave:

righttrack

Real and fantasy castles are made out of stone, not concrete. The brownish tint implies stone. Blueish grey, concrete. I think this is a great idea.

AdLibSean

Forgive me but that color-scheme is tacky. I prefer our castle the way it is, without any brown tones. The gold accents, to me, make it look VERY fake. Sigh.... whatever.

tirian

Roughly, yes...

But the Tokyo Castle is absolutely not an exact copy...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Tokyo's castle is also about 1-2 feet shorter than Florida's.

:veryconfu

AdLibSean said:
Forgive me but that color-scheme is tacky. I prefer our castle the way it is, without any brown tones. The gold accents, to me, make it look VERY fake. Sigh.... whatever.

I agree about the gold accents. It seems that the designers aimed for Versailles and got Elton John.

tirian

Tokyo's castle is actually (i forget exactly but its either 4 or 5 feet) taller. This was because the planning laws in Tokyo allowed for a slightly increased hight compared with the one in WDW.

At least thats what our tour guide said when i took the keys to the kingdom tour last year.

This is the exact opposite of what I was told. :lol: Again, another example of how Disney can't keep its own facts straight sometimes.

Tim G

Mirorrored?! What are you talking about? Pull up a picture of Magic Kingdom's Castle in Google, then pull up one of Tokyo Disneyland's castle. They are *not* mirrors of eachother at all.
I'll get my pictures online this weekend... and the dfferences between the 2...

Have to get them from the shelf first...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom