Cinderellabration to close Sept 16th

tirian

SpenceMan01 said:
And he/she is still employed by WDW Entertainment? Must be really good at dodging bullets! ;):lol:

Yeah, except that he/she wasn't alone. Actually, no one in WDW Entertainment wanted the show when they found out how much it would be butchered. But the HCOE team really wanted it...so it came, anyway. Everyone involved in staging Cinderellabration, even the actors and actresses in the show, know about this. It's hardly a secret! Thus, there aren't any bullets to dodge. :lol:

Trust me, Entertainment has been waiting to get rid of this show since it premiered to lukewarm responses. (It did, however, fuel quite a bit of princess merchandise.)

GymLeaderPhil

I've always wondered what Cinderella's funeral would be like after seeing her royally lifeless coronation day. Probably more entertaining, IMO. :lookaroun

KentB3

GymLeaderPhil said:
I've always wondered what Cinderella's funeral would be like after seeing her royally lifeless coronation day. Probably more entertaining, IMO. :lookaroun

What kind of a question is THAT?! :eek: :confused:

Chape19714

GymLeaderPhil said:
Hey Cindy's lookin pretty good at 56. Maybe Cind.Bration was just her mid-life crisis, a bit late though.

The only reason we would need her funeral is if somehow Dip were to get out. Could you Imagine the chaos if you dropped Dip over the MK? There'd be nothing left!

wannabeBelle

Master Yoda said:
Thank God! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I am usually not a negative person and I always try to find a silver lining but that show was simply horrible. Any replacement will be welcomed by me.
Amen to that one Master Yoda. I much preferred CSC to this show. I as always am grateful for all the actors in the production, but I dont think they were given anything to work with in this particular show. Definitely not one of my favorites! Belle

socalkdg

Both times I saw it with my DD(4) she enjoyed it, as did most of the kids in the audience. Thus I enjoyed it as well. Yes it was better at night and having a longer version of it at night during P & P nights would be great. Hopefully the new show has a large list of characters in it as well.

Space Mountain

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
Im really glad they are replacing this show. I feel bad for the actors, cuz im sure it was nice having this gig. But, the show really wasnt that great. It was poorly written and not that enjoyable. I must say though, I am only speaking for myself.

When I watched it, it made me so happy to see all the little girls smiling in the audience. Even though I didnt like it, I know the Disney Magic was still touching all the ppl smiling. So I didnt care all that much how bad the show was.

I hope the next thing can make more ppl smile! :wave:

From what i noticed last week, everybody passing the castle stopped to watch it. To me it looked like a hit.:king:

PintoColvig

Space Mountain said:
From what i noticed last week, everybody passing the castle stopped to watch it. To me it looked like a hit.:king:
Isn't it funny how people will slow down to watch an accident? :lookaroun

tirian

Isn't it funny how people will slow down to watch an accident? :lookaroun

Wow, that's kind of mean.

Funny, but mean.

:lol:

Actually, most Guests do slow down and watch simply because something's going on. Early surveys, however, indicated that the show didn't impress anyone except very young girls. Of course, that's its intended audience; but WDW Entertainment wants their shows to have something for everybody. Regardless of how many people stopped to look, this show was not considered to be a success.

Im really glad they are replacing this show. I feel bad for the actors, cuz im sure it was nice having this gig. But, the show really wasnt that great. It was poorly written and not that enjoyable. I must say though, I am only speaking for myself.

The actors themselves weren't very happy with it, so don't feel bad for them.

Just the same, although the department didn't really like it, Cinderellabration did make plenty of little girls happy; and no one can deny that seeing the dancers waltz across the stage was often a beautiful sight. (Except, of course, for Aladdin, who seemed to do nothing but jump in circles and wave his cape.) Ummm...and the soundtrack was nice.

Yeah, it needs to be replaced. :p

CatLady

[B said:
WeLComeHomE OKW[/B]] It was poorly written and not that enjoyable. I must say though, I am only speaking for myself.

I know someone who summed it up this way: "In most shows like that, everyone is happy, then someone evil comes along and they have to overcome the evil. Watching Cinderellabration, I kept waiting for the something evil part. It would have been a lot better."

That's the problem with the show... the first rule of storytelling is that there is always conflict, and there is no conflict in Cinderellabration. Maybe they can include a witch in the next one and make it more engaging. Right now, it's like watching the clock in Germany at Epcot... the little figurines come out, go around, then go back in, but nothing really happens.

iheartdisney91

joanna71985 said:
You can still walk through the castle. Even during CSC the castle was closed during the shows. So after the shows the breezeway is opened. I will have to say that I will miss Cinderellabration a bit. Only because the performers are my friends. I do wish they would bring back CSC though. Here's hoping.

you might be right but i tried and the whole walk through was closed. the show wasnt going on. oh well i just want to walk through it again. cinderellabration is really stupid if you ask me. i only like the songs in it.:p

joanna71985

Sometimes they won't open the ramps after the shows. Usually it is after the 10:40 am shows and the 4:35 pm shows. But they do open for the parade- around 2:15-4:15.

lightboy

tirian said:
Feasability tests were conducted months ago (either last October or November) for the old gift packages, and managers determined that only two packages need to be reconstructed to fit the current stage props.

Um, maybe at the most, ONE or TWO boxes may fit on the stage. The current setpiece takes up more than 50% of the stage. And maybe they took out a tape measure, but they never brought the boxes back out to the stage. They've been in storage awaiting their dismissal from duty. :)

I shouldn't be saying this at all. But it's really disappointing for me to work on a show that doesn't get any applause afterwards. The only thing that gets any applause is the pyrotechnics. This show is a PAGEANT. Something simply to get young girls to see princesses, then immediately demand their fathers take them down mainstreet to get the same costume in their smaller size. The show was a flop.

Unfortunately, I have to file this show away into the same folder that contains the birthday cake Castle. I was incredibly happy to hear that we were losing the 'bration. Hopefully, whatever comes in the coming months brings back the Disney magic onto the Castle Forecourt Stage...something that appeals and connects to ALL ages...and again puts on one heck of a Disney-type show for our guests. That's what Disney Entertainment is...

For those of you who also haven't heard...Sword in the Stone will be permanently done-away-with...making headway for a new Princess/Royal Court "Academy", which should be somewhat like the Pirate's tutorial counterpart. Last two shows I believe will be in September...Merlin is currently down for the summer...

TinLizzie

As the mom of four little boys, I am thrilled that this show is leaving. We watched it in May 2005, well, *I* watched it as my dh and boys stood around anxiously waiting for it to end. I'm sure the princess lovers out there enjoyed it, but it sure didn't do anything for the NON-princess lovers. :(

We all however really enjoyed CSC, and would love to see it come back. Now that show had something for everyone.
:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom