Cinderellabration to close Sept 16th

boo52

Original Poster
The cast and crew were notified today that the final performance of Cinderellabration will take place on September 16th. The replacement show is slated to open September 30th. It is still unclear as to what the replacement will be. It was thought that Cinderella's Surprise Celebration would return, but nothing has been confirmed. If CSC were to return, there would have to be a major redesign of the friendship boxes for them to fit in the current castle environment. As for Cinderellabration, it has been rumored that it will be presented at the Castle during the Princess & Pirates event nights.

se8472

I like the idea of moving the show to the Princess and Pirate event. The show always looked better a night anywho.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Im really glad they are replacing this show. I feel bad for the actors, cuz im sure it was nice having this gig. But, the show really wasnt that great. It was poorly written and not that enjoyable. I must say though, I am only speaking for myself.

When I watched it, it made me so happy to see all the little girls smiling in the audience. Even though I didnt like it, I know the Disney Magic was still touching all the ppl smiling. So I didnt care all that much how bad the show was.

I hope the next thing can make more ppl smile! :wave:

KentB3

I really hate that Cinderellabration is closing. That was an awesome show, especially with the fireworks going off as Cinderella is crowned a princess! Let's hope they at least keep it for the upcoming "Princess and Pirates" event! :animwink:

dixiegirl

Well that sucks...sorry could'nt find any other word to come to mind!! My girls love that show..especially the daytime fireworks....we'll be there on the Sept 15 is our first day there...guess we'll have to catch it those 2 days....aww..I'm really bummed!!!!!:cry:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank God! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I am usually not a negative person and I always try to find a silver lining but that show was simply horrible. Any replacement will be welcomed by me.

Scar

It's interesting that my daughter (6) and a huge princess fan, saw Cinderellabration once and that was it. She had no interest whatsoever in it. She loves many of the other shows (BatB, VotLM, Wishes, etc.) but I could never understand her disinterest in it.

Personally, I didn't care for it but I thought it was trying to appeal to the princess fans. However, I couldn't understand why my daughter didn't like it. It really must just not be that good a show.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for the update Boo

I won't be missing this one either. Maybe its being a %^^# year old guy, but I figured that it was entertaining for enough folks...and the girl/princess thing.

Great job Joevn...I think that show has real potential :sohappy: :lookaroun :lol:

LilRoo714

I never caught the show, mainly because I'd heard such terrible things about it. I had heard good things about the previous Cinderella show so hopefully those fans will get that back!

So long Cinderellabration!

Lucky

My daughter loved it. We saw it when it was new in early May 2005, and will be sure to see it again when we're there next month.

Brian Noble

Much like that Aqua tune parodied in the Comic Con piece, Cinderellabration was a mindless piece of bubble-gum pop. Good enough for what it was, but what it was wasn't very good.

PintoColvig

I thought Cinderellabration was pretty lame. What bothered me most was how Disney made it such a big part of HCOE. "It's time for us to celebrate Disneyland's 50th at WDW. Let's bring in some high dollar, top quality attractions from other resorts."
Soarin'... :sohappy:
Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show... :)
Cinderellabration... :confused: :brick: :hurl:

Next?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom