Cinderella Castle lower section under refubishment

karentan

does anyone know roughly how long this is likely to last? also what does the front look like? i love getting photos of the castle and i'm going to be majorly bummed out if there's walls around all sides :(

WDWFigment

Could this be some prep for the extension of the walls?

I would think that would be one of the final aspects of the project. I mean, there is so much more substantial work that could begin out of sight that will take a lot more time to complete.

I understand it could just be early prep work on the site, but why not just do it all at once? Just questions, as there may be a good reason for not doing it all at once.

I guess I am just a bit skeptical that this has anything to do with the Fantasyland expansion. I really really hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.

bosoxrock3410

does anyone know that since castle lights already done does that mean they are doing as 5 year plan i heard where all dream lights are up all way to railroad station?

JustInTime

Look at the bright side: they're not waiting for the buildings to fall apart, like in Disneyland.

Edit: ...and when DL had to practically re-build the castle, they covered it in a green box and some plywood cutouts of the cards from "Alice."

I would like to see pics of that!

LudwigVonDrake

Castle-090104-DM.jpg

I would be annoyed if I went to the park and saw that.

nemofinder22

does anyone know that since castle lights already done does that mean they are doing as 5 year plan i heard where all dream lights are up all way to railroad station?

It happened to Disneyland's Main Street, it has LED lights in the Christmas tree, the garlands that cross the street, the hub trees, the trees around the castle, as well as enhancements to the castle lights from the previous year(the most notable enchantment are the lights on the back side of the castle as well as the light up spires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8H7OFH6ubk

WDW Vacationer

As bad as it is... you can at least give DL credit for making the cards look like they are doing something.:lol:

Our construction scrims have been greatly themed lately!:D

Figment1986

WOW. That's just horrible that they had to do that, for both current show, and the fact that they let it get that bad!:(

How long was it like that for?

I think it was like that for about 3 months... It maybe why they eventually started getting the custom scrim for the scaffolding, since many people complained about that look when it was going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom