Christmas Castle lights

DisneySam

Screamscape posted this picture today:

db_2007_1108_IceCastle11.jpg

WOW! I am now officially sad that I will not be at WDW this Christmas :cry:. That's pretty amazing.

Laura

Premium Member
We are going to make a ton of money off photos of families with the castle. That is simply a breath-taking photo of the castle with all those lights on it.

Huh? Are you talking about the Photopass pictures? If so, I don't think any of the Photopass photographers know how to get a portrait of a family in front of a lit castle at night. I don't believe they even have the equipment to do it. That's more something that a professional photographer would need to do, and I don't think Disney employs hardly any of those.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. :shrug:

JollyRoger

There is regularly a PhotoPass person with a mounted camera in front of the castle doing night shots, certainly they will be able to capture it with the lights also.

Buried20KLeague

I'm going to ask a question with an obvious answer here...

Does this mean that the castle will have a constant "ice blue" look to it, with no other color changes through early January?

I'm sure it does... But figured I'd throw it out there.

Huh? Are you talking about the Photopass pictures? If so, I don't think any of the Photopass photographers know how to get a portrait of a family in front of a lit castle at night. I don't believe they even have the equipment to do it. That's more something that a professional photographer would need to do, and I don't think Disney employs hardly any of those.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. :shrug:

Funny because the nighttime photo I have in front of the castle is perfect...oh and taken by a Photopass photographer.

Rob562

^Where? Are they still in the Hub too?

I've often seen a PhotoPass photographer at night at the entrance to the rose garden, where the little walkway "alcove" is for the perfect 3/4 view of the Castle. (Near the Mickey & Minnie topiary) That's where I usually watch Wishes from. They usually do a pretty decent business there.

-Rob

Laura

Premium Member
There is regularly a PhotoPass person with a mounted camera in front of the castle doing night shots, certainly they will be able to capture it with the lights also.

Aha! Well I will retract my statement then. I've never seen anything except photopass photographers with handheld cameras around the castle at night using automatic settings.

if they have a permanent set-up in place designed especially for night shots, then I stand corrected! :wave:

jiminy.cricket

It would be even more awesome if in the future some of these lights could actually be installed directly on the castle so that little to no netting showed. I have no idea how this would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom