Christmas Castle lights

IcicleM

The lights will turn on every evening, and there's a show with the Fairy God Mother, Prince Charming, and Cinderella. :)

Chickapin Chick

This photo was posted on disney blog a few days back. Don't know if it's been posted here or not. Thought I'd post instead of linking it. Hope no one minds.

1820545659_3d89419549.jpg

It's positively stunning. Even more dreamlike than the castle by day, I think. Like a wintry palace of ice.

I cannot wait to see it in person!

jrh1985

2 things,

The pic from LP.com is from 11/1 the first night of testing.

Not that I don’t believe what lightboy said in another thread, but has the MK times guides been printed for next week yet? We’ll be able to tell from that weather or not the lights will be on Tuesday or as lightboy said sunday.

WDWKat26

Trust me, it looks incredible. I'm not sure if it will be lit up just for park guests, but I could be wrong. Everything is so new this year that i'm not sure how it's running. New Parade, New Castle Lighting, etc.

Atta83

I was excited to see the lights last night! I was speechless when i first saw them, then they started to do their thing and it was magical. I cant wait to see what it looks like with a finish product. I just cant wait to see it almost everynight! :)

Gorjus

but has the MK times guides been printed for next week yet? We’ll be able to tell from that weather or not the lights will be on Tuesday or as lightboy said sunday.

I don't have a times guide, but I have a tell-a-cast. Here is what it says:

Sun 11/11 Mon Tue Wed Thurs Fri Sat
Park 9-8 9-7 9-8 9-8 9-7 9-7 9-12
EMH 8-11 8-9
Spectro 7 dark 7 7 dark dark 8,10
Wishes 8 6 8 8 6 6 9
Hol. Wish 9:30 9:30 9:30
Very Merry Parade 8:15, 8:15, 8:15,
10:45 10:45 10:45

The tell-a-cast doesn't list next weeks Entertainment offerings (which is what the castle lighting would fall under), just this weeks and there are no special castle shows listed for this week.

dixiegirl

Any idea how long they'll be up and on for?? We're going for a quick getaway hubby and I jan 5th through jan 8th...Was wondering if anyone had any info...Thanks!!!

lightboy

Sigh.

First...they are LED.

Second...the show is presented every day.

Third...the "official" opening is the 12th.

But of course between now and then, I'll be answering these same questions in at least 5 more threads.

MinnieSummer

Sigh.

First...they are LED.

Second...the show is presented every day.

Third...the "official" opening is the 12th.

But of course between now and then, I'll be answering these same questions in at least 5 more threads.
Not to question your expertise but, well, I'm questioning it. I thought the show was only running during the MVMCP. The castle might be lit for the other nights but the show won't run. Is that accurate or am I wrong?

dixiepixie

The lights will turn on every evening, and there's a show with the Fairy God Mother, Prince Charming, and Cinderella. :)

Would that be "every night- every night" (regular guest time) or just every night of the parties?
Will be there 11/16-11/24, just wondering....really want to see the lights, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

dixiepixie

Trust me, it looks incredible. I'm not sure if it will be lit up just for park guests, but I could be wrong. Everything is so new this year that i'm not sure how it's running. New Parade, New Castle Lighting, etc.

What is the new parade? Day or evening parade? When does it start? Is it a reg. park hours parade or party parade?
Thanks

CaptainMichael

Not to question your expertise but, well, I'm questioning it. I thought the show was only running during the MVMCP. The castle might be lit for the other nights but the show won't run. Is that accurate or am I wrong?

From my understanding, the Castle Lighting show is replacing the tree lighting ceremony and will be done every night. There's no reason not to, and it would be foolish to go through all of the time and effort to put the lights on the castle and not use them every night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom