Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

Jimmy Thick

lightenup.jpg

Jimmy Thick- Those faces...

JimboJones123

[quoimmy Thick, post: 5858487, member: 47407"]Now that's a first. I have never seen a queue up for TTA.

Also, who wants to bet the people not wearing jackets/sweaters are from the Midwest? :cool:

Jimmy Thick- The pictures are addictive to look at though...[/quote]
TTA queues up often in the evenings.

JustinSt

The Universal parks have had the busiest holiday season since opening. IOA and USF have both been at capacity or very close to hitting capacity this week. IOA has hit capacity in the past; but USF has rarely ever, so this is new and a very good sign. With 20 percent increase of summer attendance at the studios this last summer, the busiest Halloween ever recorded, and now a record Christmas week; it's safe to say 2013 for both parks will see great increases in 2013. It's scary to see what's gonna happen in 2014. Things are going to get very interesting.

mimitchi33

Test Track now at 300 minutes :banghead: 5 hours??? Arghh! I am shocked looking at all the Epcot wait times that the park has not reached capacity.
2ekhiqu.jpg

The Universal parks have had the busiest holiday season since opening. IOA and USF have both been at capacity or very close to hitting capacity this week. IOA has hit capacity in the past; but USF has rarely ever, so this is new and a very good sign. With 20 percent increase of summer attendance at the studios this last summer, the busiest Halloween ever recorded, and now a record Christmas week; it's safe to say 2013 for both parks will see great increases in 2014. It's scary to see what's gonna happen in 2014. Things are going to get very interesting.
And this is the first busy Christmas/New Year's for Universal in in 23 years? That's a surprise. My guess is due to the new rides based on popular things like Despicable Me and Transformers.
That doesn't sound like good news!

I'm new to this site. I have to say I have been addicted to it all day. Seeing the pics of the crazy crowds. We were there 2.5 weeks ago and we never waited more then 20 mins for anything. My neighbors are there now. I told them it would be terribly busy and they didn't believe me. I must say I'm laughing a bit knowing how busy it is!
How are the lines to meet the characters?

JustinSt

2ekhiqu.jpg

And this is the first busy Christmas/New Year's for Universal in in 23 years? That's a surprise. My guess is due to the new rides based on popular things like Despicable Me and Transformers.

That doesn't sound like good news!
The Christmas/new year week for the two parks have always been among the busiest of the year. Since 2010, the week has been getting busier and busier. This year though has been the first time, we have seen capacity closing at both parks. New record resort wide are being set.

Hobnail Boot

We got a spot between Casey's and the Crystal Palace and are camping out until midnight. The hub area is congested but navigable. The worst area of the park today was between PPF and IASW when both queues started switchbacking into the walkway. PPF had a 180 minute wait at that time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm new to this site. I have to say I have been addicted to it all day. Seeing the pics of the crazy crowds. We were there 2.5 weeks ago and we never waited more then 20 mins for anything. My neighbors are there now. I told them it would be terribly busy and they didn't believe me. I must say I'm laughing a bit knowing how busy it is!
How are the lines to meet the characters?
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!
I heard that some meet and greets had to be closed early due to lines becoming unmanageable and blocking the walkways at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom