Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
A few years ago I had two friends take their families down to WDW during the week between Christmas and New Year's. The first said it was the worst experience of his life. He hated the crowds and said you only went where the crowd was moving. He said that he wouldn't go back if someone gave him a free vacation AND paid him to go. The second loved it. Said seeing all the people was fun, even exhilarating. Didn't mind that she only got to go on a few rides and loved ringing in the new year with the MK fireworks.

There are two sides to every coin. I know at least one person who would love to be there. As for me, well, if it's ok with you, I'll paraphrase Bono here - "Tonight thank God it's them instead of MEEEEEEEEEEE!"
Welcome to WDWMagic.
Mark it down -JenniferS gave you your first like.

mimitchi33

Let's see if this works

sy54.jpg
That's the longest bathroom line I've ever seen in the world! Because of it's length, I guess this is what some people waiting to use the bathroom are thinking now:
2r7ybus.jpg

What an unusual sight that is! That looks just like the queue on most of my vacations for the tea cups rather than Carousel of Progress!
Speaking of rides that rarely get long waits, does anyone have a picture of the line for Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment right now, since that ride rarely has a long line?

darinevans19

No thank you! I'm getting anxious just looking at these photos. Seas of people....no personal space....argh!!!
I really don\t understand how you can enjoy the Parks with it being that JAMMED in there, and plus the wait time good lord, hope everyone is having a good time though.

kelknight84

I'd be interested to read how long the post-midnight exit/commute to take (from countdown/ball drop end to the time you get back to your onsite/off-site room) at the MK/Epcot? vs. DHS/DAK? Assuming most will stay until after midnight, I'd expect it to be a zoo with everyone leaving the parks at the same time.
Would love to see some pics of the post-midnight exits/commutes.
When I worked watercraft at MK in 2006 it took 3 hours to clear the park after the fireworks. Lots of tired angry guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom