Chicken Strips Gone from the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigsmom

Here we go guys... sorry about the bad cell phone pic... but they really are the exact same thing as before... only smaller!!

0225081854.jpg

Crisis over.

WooHoo!!! Rain!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

tecowdw

Hate to see another negative thread. But this is a travesty!! WDW without chicken strips isn't WDW!!

I will boycott WDW until they start offering chicken strips again!

Burgers will probably be next!!
:fork:

Actually, the last time I was at WDW, the fries at Pecos Bill's really were bad. I actually thought Disney needed to dump their brand and just go with McD's fries resort wide.

Perhaps just a bad batch of oil that day? However, I've had bad burgers, on occasion, at WDW too.
:shrug:

daliseurat

Wow! Being passionate about fried chicken strips is almost as strange as being passionate about, oh, a theme park, maybe? :ROFLOL:

Before you start flinging "It's only chicken" around you might remember that the majority of people in the world have little to no interest in WDW, and they think we're all crazy. ;)

Okay. You win. Ten points. Can't argue the craziness anymore. But on a scale of crazy, chicken strips gotta be a little carzier than theme parks. Right?

daliseurat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliseurat
You don't have to eat healthy every single day, but really, do you have to eat fried chicken strips every day? Do your kids need to eat junk every meal?

BUT People don't eat at Disney World every day-- they are on vacation and want to have something yummy like chicken strips.

At home I eat salads, soup, and healthy whole grain stuff every day. When I go on vacation I want to splurge on something out of the ordinary!

So it's annoying when Disney changes the good stuff to whole grain, non trans fat garbage.

Let me clarify my rant. I was reacting to some posters claim that their children eat ONLY fried chicken strips/nuggets all the time. Outside of WDW too. But perhaps I was reading too much into those posts.

But I also was reacting to the idea that some people were indicating that while at WDW they and/or their children were only eating chicken strips. Again, perhaps they were exaggerating.

So, I have nothing against splurging and eating some food thats not healthy while on vacation. I don't care if my kid or anyone elses kids gets to eat their favorite fried foods either. It IS vacation after all. But to eat ONLY fried chicken strips, tasty though they may be, for an entire vacation seems to me to be not the best idea for the health of a child or adult for that matter.

That's what I meant.

And I can't believe I'm still reading and posting in this thread...

culturenthrills

I find this whole thread funny. Like WDW chicken strips were the greatest ever. Has anyone been to a restaurant that has freshly battered chicken strips? Now those are good. Now if they stopped doing the freshly battered fish at the Fish and Chips stand in the UK at Epcot. That would be something to get upset about. Well, as long as I can still get my Chicken Wrap at Peco's Bills I will be fine. That is about the only CS food I find edible at MK.

bgula

If I can offer my 2 cents - I encountered these at Cosmic Rays several months back and was very disappointed. Although yes they do taste the same as the strips, I definitely found that the amount of chicken was much less than when they offered the strips. Didn't matter that there were more "nuggets", they were less than half the size of the original strips.

TheTruth

I haven't been to WDW since December so I am a little new to this posting. I personally want to say that the chicken strips are very important to people. Obviously, as I write on the 11th page of this forum post. I can honestly say that as an adult it's important to me to eat what I want to eat while on vacation. And honestly even that is coming into question with the lack of "chickey-strips" as my girlfriend and I affectionately refer to them. We get the DDP each time and love the variety, however, to paraphrase: "A threat to dinner anywhere is a threat to dinner EVERYWHERE." We are Americans...and as such we drink coffee, smoke cigarettes and choke down red meat like the ELE comet is breaking the atmosphere. But what makes us Americans is choice.

"And Walt was probably about as American as anyone could get"
-Carousel of Progress

We choose to eat like this no matter what. If I wanted chicken nuggets I would order them. Seriously...this isn't about the chicken in strip format to me. It's about a company trying to take something away and replace with something else and saying it's just as good...or worse...it's the same thing. It's obviously not the same thing and we were never at war with Eurasia. Plus I personally have a tendency to not eat red meat so I try to avoid it (exceptions here and there). So that leaves me with chicken and fish. Guess what?!?!? I eat my weight in fish every Disney trip so let me get some chicken every now and then. Some adults actually like to eat like kids when we are on vacation you know. This isn't directed against Disney...just the bonehead that thought it would make sense to change out the strips for nuggets and charge the same amount cause they are "the same thing." Then if that's the case why do they not look the same or taste the same. I'm no cook but if you find one I'm sure they will tell you the culinary reason to why smaller portions of food taste differently due to size, weight, and cooking time. Just don't like that area. Cause if I didn't have that huge red Atlanta based logo shining everywhere I might miss out on Coke and get served RC or Chek brand cola. Which is of course the same thing. Just ask anyone that's ever stocked it in a grocery store. There is a reason why it's priced cheaper...cause it IS cheaper.

Thanks...Hopefully this will just go down as one of my late nights rants. I just had a restaurant in town change their entire menu because the GM decided that the lower priced items should be removed to insure the customers were spending more. So I now have the worlds only Italian restaurant that doesn't serve spaghetti...even to the kids. I just see where this is going.

And I don't like it. :zipit::zipit::zipit:

OmegaKnight

I can't believe this thread has gotten so big. I love the chicken fingers at Disney, they are the best quick service meal around. If they really are gone, that would be so sad :(

ISTCrew20

Just so you guys know, the Chicken Strips are not gone resort wide. I was at MGM today and found some at the Backlot Express.

I didn't check anywhere else because I really didn't care, but they do still have them at MGM...Uh, Hollywood Studios.

chipanddalefan5

I personally don't see a change in the tasting of the chicken nuggets, but maybe its just me. sry to the chicken strip lovers out there..........
BUT IF THEY TAKE AWAY THE DOLE WHIP.....THEN THERE"S GOING TO BE A PROBLEM........A BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::fork:

Spyne

I'm not letting myself get too bent out of shape about it. Chicken is chicken to me, whether in strips or nuggets. It doesn't matter to me at all.

dixiegirl

Wow! Being passionate about fried chicken strips is almost as strange as being passionate about, oh, a theme park, maybe? :ROFLOL:

Before you start flinging "It's only chicken" around you might remember that the majority of people in the world have little to no interest in WDW, and they think we're all crazy. ;)

I was just thinking the same thing lol!!!! Tell any non-disney lover and they'd think your crazy....Only us here !!!! Thank god we have each other, we are a crazy bunch.....Crazy about chicken strips, go figure:hammer:

dan864

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Please be a rumor,I fly to WDW in september,and ive been looking forward to them.

MouseMadness

It looks more like a REALLY big bit of popcorn chicken, don't you guys think? :shrug:

And it sounds like, rather than having to use a whole tender for each strip, maybe they are using chicken cut into pieces and then prepared the same way.

I'm good with any of it. Battered/breaded chicken that is deep fried and dipped into something is usually fine. :lol: :slurp:

sublimesting

CHH is my favorite place t eat in MK. This sucks because I love my fish and chnicken combo and look forward to it all year....I know that's a lame thing to look forward to but hey. This is an example of Disney taking the cheap way out.:mad::mad::mad:
The difference is that usually nuggets are ground up processed chicken with lots of cartilage and fat in there as filler....in other words they're garbage and cheap as h**l as oppossed to white meat chicken strips.

Enderikari

CHH is my favorite place t eat in MK. This sucks because I love my fish and chnicken combo and look forward to it all year....I know that's a lame thing to look forward to but hey. This is an example of Disney taking the cheap way out.:mad::mad::mad:
The difference is that usually nuggets are ground up processed chicken with lots of cartilage and fat in there as filler....in other words they're garbage and cheap as h**l as oppossed to white meat chicken strips.

Soo, have you read the thread or, (and please tell me this is the case) were you just skimming and you completely missed these replies, which a lovely poster gathered earlier and saved me the time...

As someone who ONLY eats chicken of a stripped or nuggeted variety, let me shed some light on this change. The new chicken isn't a "nugget" style like they imply. It actully tastes just like the old chicken strips, except instead of three big planks, it's six "mini-strips". Tastes the same, but smaller and more of them. Whilst I prefer the old style, the new ones aren't so bad.

Just to be sure- they ARE still fried. they still taste pretty much the SAME. (from one who's favorite food is the chicken strip, trust me. still taste pretty much the same.)

And yes, it's everywhere now.

No no, they're not the same as the Kids' nuggets, they're just called nuggets because of the size. Imagine if you cut a chicken strip in 1/2 and called it a nugget. That's what it is.

I have had the "nuggets" at Cosmic Rays. They look and taste the same as the "strips" only they were smaller.

When we were there last weekend, we got the "nuggets" at the Liberty Inn in Epcot. Really, it's not any significant difference. Honest. It's not actual little "nugget" shaped, small, bite-sized pieces, it's like the exact same chicken strip just cut in two. It's half the size of what it was before, but you get twice as many.

I didn't think it was any huge change, but it might be cheaper since they need smaller cuts of chicken to make these new "nuggets" instead of the strips.

Look everybody, as one who has a 1 to 5 scale on how good a restaraunt's chicken strips are, (I told you, in the manner of tasting new Chicken Strips at WDW, I AM the EXPERT.) all I can say is: DON'T PANIC. Whilst I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in loving a good chicken strip, it's not that big of a change. They taste 99.2% like the old one. In fact, I actully liked the last batch I had (Liberty Inn) better than the old ones.

And also, I have to throw in my two cents as a parent as well. A "picky eater" is more a function of the parent than the child. I have done my best to foster a spirit of adventure with my daughter, and any time we go out to eat, I have been pleasantly surprised at the things she is willing to try, perhaps because I put my foot down on feeding her the same things every day. At the age of 2 1/2, she has been exposed to, and enjoyed, foods I didn't appreciate until my teenage years. I would like to think its because when she demanded certain types of food everyday, I didn't cave in to the whole "Chicken Strips and French Fries" every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom