Chicken Strips Gone from the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousebymarriage

First of all let me say this...I absolutely LOVE the Chicken strips that Disney offered and will really miss them if this is true.

While I can hardly stand Disney World french fries, the strips were another thing altogether. They were 100% pure Chicken breast meat with a delicious crusty coating. Crunchy on the outside, but tender and juicy on the inside.

You are killing me, you know that!:slurp:

Disney_Freak429

Honestly if they taste almost the same I won't care but I am a picky eater so I will be able to tell if they are made from "other parts". I'm more upset about the low-fat mac & cheese because I know from tasteing store low-fat mac & cheese that the Disney version won't be any less nasty. On a side note I am senseing this to match the length of the "New Napkin" topic from ages ago.(I believe we are over half way there already keep it going) ;)

aleckendyl

Account Suspended
No offense to you Scooter or anyone else..I just do not get that it could be THAT big of a deal that it could make you so frustrated on your trip.:shrug:

Maybe that is just me but it is JUST chicken.:shrug:

Also..I do agree with you that it should not matter to anyone what anyone else feeds their kids whether on vacation or at home.
Agreed, It IS just chicken and those that think its a big deal.....Need more to do with their time.

frazierle

Oh Oh

Oh Oh .......no nuggets are pressed parts, strips are real pieces of meat. My son is going to freak out over that.:eek:

BwanaBob

Travesty.

Blasphemous.

Inhumane.

This has got to be one of the worst threads I've come across in years.

What's next? They're doing away with Character Meet-n-Greets?

Sheesh!

VacationPlanner

wow...thats all i have to say...the chicken strips were a signature counter service dish and a reliable meal/snack for those who didnt want to try anything new or just wanted to enjoy something that made them feel good...hopefully disney have a great reason for doing this...and i hope that this doesnt lead to anymore discontiuations like my beloved Dole Whip

MissM

They are NOT "Nuggets" - just half-sized strips!!!

To summarize again since everyone is utterly panicking and not reading the first-hand reports....

As someone who ONLY eats chicken of a stripped or nuggeted variety, let me shed some light on this change. The new chicken isn't a "nugget" style like they imply. It actully tastes just like the old chicken strips, except instead of three big planks, it's six "mini-strips". Tastes the same, but smaller and more of them. Whilst I prefer the old style, the new ones aren't so bad.

Just to be sure- they ARE still fried. they still taste pretty much the SAME. (from one who's favorite food is the chicken strip, trust me. still taste pretty much the same.)

And yes, it's everywhere now.

No no, they're not the same as the Kids' nuggets, they're just called nuggets because of the size. Imagine if you cut a chicken strip in 1/2 and called it a nugget. That's what it is.

I have had the "nuggets" at Cosmic Rays. They look and taste the same as the "strips" only they were smaller.

When we were there last weekend, we got the "nuggets" at the Liberty Inn in Epcot. Really, it's not any significant difference. Honest. It's not actual little "nugget" shaped, small, bite-sized pieces, it's like the exact same chicken strip just cut in two. It's half the size of what it was before, but you get twice as many.

I didn't think it was any huge change, but it might be cheaper since they need smaller cuts of chicken to make these new "nuggets" instead of the strips.

Look everybody, as one who has a 1 to 5 scale on how good a restaraunt's chicken strips are, (I told you, in the manner of tasting new Chicken Strips at WDW, I AM the EXPERT.) all I can say is: DON'T PANIC. Whilst I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in loving a good chicken strip, it's not that big of a change. They taste 99.2% like the old one. In fact, I actully liked the last batch I had (Liberty Inn) better than the old ones.

Despite the name, they are NOT like the nuggets on the kid's menu or the "mixed mystery meat" from fast food joints. They're just like the strips, but cut in half and you get six now instead of three.

I don't think people are getting further than the title which is a little sensational and are panicking. It's a bad use of name but really, it's not the huge change everyone thinks it is! Honest!!

TTATraveler

To summarize again since everyone is utterly panicking and not reading the first-hand reports....

Despite the name, they are NOT like the nuggets on the kid's menu or the "mixed mystery meat" from fast food joints. They're just like the strips, but cut in half and you get six now instead of three.

I don't think people are getting further than the title which is a little sensational and are panicking. It's a bad use of name but really, it's not the huge change everyone thinks it is! Honest!!

Thank you! I could not help but notice that several of us had posted that the new chicken offering being referred to as "nuggets" were actually just smaller versions of the "strips". Yet that seemed to go by the wayside in favor of panic, disgust, and anger over the new "nuggets".

I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize that the change really isn't so dramatic as everyone is making it out to be. I personally liked the strips, but the newer "shorter strips" are just as good. They are not pressed chicken parts and goo slapped together and breaded.

mep517

If anyone out there lives in an area where they have "The Ram" try their chicken strips. They're very close to "Disney Issue" (as I call them).

I know it seems silly to freak out about chicken strips, but plain and simple, they were just darn tasty and much more to my liking than burgers. With 10+ days of counter service on a trip, no harm in having a favorite. Good to know that the new version (shall we call them Chicke Strip 2.0?) is similar, though. I'll approach it with an open mind :)

I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who looks forward to them every trip. Chicken Strip lovers unite!!

MissM

Thank you! I could not help but notice that several of us had posted that the new chicken offering being referred to as "nuggets" were actually just smaller versions of the "strips". Yet that seemed to go by the wayside in favor of panic, disgust, and anger over the new "nuggets".

I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize that the change really isn't so dramatic as everyone is making it out to be. I personally liked the strips, but the newer "shorter strips" are just as good. They are not pressed chicken parts and goo slapped together and breaded.
Welcome! (and thanks for the thanks!) I just thought it needed to be re-said since there was about 170 posts of people speculating and panicking. It's a really stupid use of the word, "nugget" to be sure to cause this much upset! :lol:

The Mom

Premium Member
Wow! Being passionate about fried chicken strips is almost as strange as being passionate about, oh, a theme park, maybe? :ROFLOL:

Before you start flinging "It's only chicken" around you might remember that the majority of people in the world have little to no interest in WDW, and they think we're all crazy. ;)

StephanieS

You don't have to eat healthy every single day, but really, do you have to eat fried chicken strips every day? Do your kids need to eat junk every meal?

BUT People don't eat at Disney World every day-- they are on vacation and want to have something yummy like chicken strips.

At home I eat salads, soup, and healthy whole grain stuff every day. When I go on vacation I want to splurge on something out of the ordinary!

So it's annoying when Disney changes the good stuff to whole grain, non trans fat garbage.

vickyvale

I don't want to push anyone over the edge....but Disney has also changed out their mac and cheese to a zero trans fat recipe....so.....freak out!

:ROFLOL:

TTATraveler

BUT People don't eat at Disney World every day-- they are on vacation and want to have something yummy like chicken strips.

Well now you can have the yummy mini strips, or maybe they should be called stripnugs, nugips, or bite sized tenders.:D Disney still has plenty of stuff to indulge on, it is not like they have removed all beef and fried foods in place salads and whole grains.

vickyvale

i'm sure i have a bit different view, as a local who pops in on the parks alot i really enjoy they have healthier options now....not that i'm not gonna stop for a dole whip or funnel cake from time to time though. =)

hopefully the nuggets are just as tastey!

scpergj

Wow! Being passionate about fried chicken strips is almost as strange as being passionate about, oh, a theme park, maybe? :ROFLOL:

Before you start flinging "It's only chicken" around you might remember that the majority of people in the world have little to no interest in WDW, and they think we're all crazy. ;)

You aren't kidding with that one...I catch all sorts of trash from the people that I work with about WDW. They couldn't believe that I took my wife and we left the kids at home for a weekend! They joke that Mickey misses me and I need to get back soon...funny thing is, the guys that tease me HAVE NEVER BEEN! To them, Disney is a 'kids' place. They didn't believe that our dinner at Le Cellier could have been as good as it was, that we didn't spend all of our time in the parks, that the resorts are incredible to explore...no understanding. No problem...more room for us!'

BTW, we get the chicken strips for the kids (they split an adult meal...the kids meals there just are not the kind of food our kids like), and my wife and I can both find something there usually, no problem. I think we'll check and see next time...sounds like they should still be pretty good.

Kevin

rainfully

Here we go guys... sorry about the bad cell phone pic... but they really are the exact same thing as before... only smaller!!

0225081854.jpg

Crisis over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom